online br questions

How long did you wait till you moved up to .10/.20, .25/.50, .50/1.00?Ps. Thanks for the info!
Well, I played .25/.50 NL way out of my bankroll for a while. I got lucky to catch a huge rush of cards against some horrid players.General rule is 15-25 buy-ins. So:.10/.20 = $300.25/.50 = $750.50/1 = $1500Those are minimums, btw.

Custom36, What is your formula for BR vs. BB?Super System talks about 300 times the BB, what's the magic number you're working with?

Custom36, What is your formula for BR vs. BB?Super System talks about 300 times the BB, what's the magic number you're working with?
The 300BB rule is for limit hold'em where BB refers to Big Bet (In 1/2, the big bet is 2).In No Limit Hold'em, you're looking for 1500BB (Big Blinds) or 15 max buy-ins as the minimum.This is the widely accepted rule.

I wish I had known this earlier.I was playing with 300BB for NL and I wondered why my BR was so crippled when I was play NL.Thanks a lot.

I started with 20 pounds (40 $) won a load (like 300 first day), lost a whole load more (Guesstimate thousands) broke even for like 6 months, got my shit together and started winning consistently without a bankroll per se but always with cash at my disposal and never gambling anything that made me uncomfortable. I now play off a bankroll of between 5 and ten buy ins which I keep on the site BUT I know if I ever lose this then I am able to re-deposit from my savings which is all my won poker money anyways (I am only 25) and thus I would be willing to reinvest as I am semi dpendant on my poker income anyways. Bankroll is a funny thing and not always defineable by the same limitations everyone else uses but I am trying to become more conventional in my approach to poker money management as it iis most definately essential to any winning player.

Thanks for all the post I love reading from my peers. It puts a perspective on poker rather than thinking i'm going to be a millionaire like DN!<3

1. I was curious as to what some of you started off with for your online BR?My bankroll was at $50 when I started seven months ago.2. What have you turned your BR into now?It's now at $150.That being said, I've done a lot of withdrawls. If I've made more than $50 in a two-week period, I withdraw the largest multiple of $25 less than or equal to what I've gained.So really, my bankroll jumps pretty slowly.

1. I was curious as to what some of you started off with for your online BR?My bankroll was at $50 when I started seven months ago.2. What have you turned your BR into now?It's now at $150.That being said, I've done a lot of withdrawls. If I've made more than $50 in a two-week period, I withdraw the largest multiple of $25 less than or equal to what I've gained.So really, my bankroll jumps pretty slowly.
I think that's pretty standard for everyone. Nice job though.
i turned $50 into $4200 into $1500
So did you loose 2,700?
man you got the math thing down, now work on your reads and betting pattern recognition and you have as good as got this poker thing knocked.

I started with $100, playing PL Omaha (.01/.02) and some NL Hold'em ring games/sit n goes. Lost all that over the course of a few months (was doing really well in PLO .10/.25, then had a 3-day tilt and lost it all).Then I started a new BR a few months later with $200, learned limit and started at the .25/.50 tables and have since moved up to 2/4 and 3/6 (whatever is available) with about $5000. Looking at my PT stats, I'd say a good half of my BR has come from semi-whoring deposit and rakeback bonuses. That's in addition to all my PSO points/gifts (10 books, a poker table, some dvd's and an mp3 player).

My bankroll for my live limit game at the B&M for 2/4 is at $2300. I started at $1200 and have grinded it up since late last year.We play 2/4 with a kill. My question is: should I move up to 5/10 (The next highest game , since they don't spread 3/6 or 4/8 unfortunately.) when I get to $3000?The 5/10 also has a kill, so should I wait till I have more than the 300bb allowaance? I'd say I'm a fairly tight/aggro player with patience to pick and choose my spots. I've been doing okay at 2/4 over the months considering I only play once a week. I have taken shots at 5/10 once in a while and have held my own.

We play 2/4 with a kill. My question is: should I move up to 5/10 (The next highest game , since they don't spread 3/6 or 4/8 unfortunately.) when I get to $3000?The 5/10 also has a kill, so should I wait till I have more than the 300bb allowaance?
I don't like playing 5/10 without about 400BB. I've never played with a kill.
My bankroll for my live limit game at the B&M for 2/4 is at $2300. I started at $1200 and have grinded it up since late last year.We play 2/4 with a kill. My question is: should I move up to 5/10 (The next highest game , since they don't spread 3/6 or 4/8 unfortunately.) when I get to $3000?The 5/10 also has a kill, so should I wait till I have more than the 300bb allowaance? I'd say I'm a fairly tight/aggro player with patience to pick and choose my spots. I've been doing okay at 2/4 over the months considering I only play once a week. I have taken shots at 5/10 once in a while and have held my own.
takes a lot for me to not be a smartass when responding to this, but you got the nice shana hiatt ass thing going so i'll let it go this time.you recognize you need 300bb or $3000 for a $5/$10 game. Common sense would tell you that you need a higher BR for a $5/$10 kill game. I dont play kill games so not sure how often a player wins twice in a row or a % of hands that get killed, but just using some standard BR logic if $10/$20 full ring requires $6000 BR then youl should probably have at least $4000 - $4500 for a $5/$10 kill.