online tilt controls

After tilting through nearly a week's worth of profits for the second straight week, I've decided I need a mechanizm to prevent me from playing while on tilt, or better yet, not go on tilt at all. Of course the easy answer is "don't play for awhile if you're feeling agitated after taking a bad beat", but that's easier said than done. Maybe:- Promise yourself to click the "sit out the next hand" box after taking a beat- squeeze or toss one of those stress ball things- make frequent and excessive use of profanity- "serenity now!"- toss your monitor out the window into your poolWhat works for you guys?

Coolest idea I've seen lately is a guy who put up a dartboard on a wall like 4 feet away. Keep a bunch of darts on your desk and when you take a bad beat, fire away.I'm thinking of getting one set up, pronto. Almost broke my handyesterday when a guy cracked my pocket aceswith a J 8 offsuit in $200NL...

The best way to take a loss is just accept it. I like to see where the hand went wrong if it's a flaw in my play then I try to fix it. If I just got ulucky and was outdrawn on it's much more irritating because there is really nothing I can do about it.

Bad beats are supposed to happen to good players. When they do, just accept it and move on to the next hand.Sure, it would be nice to never have to take one, but if that was the case people who'll call your big raise with J8 offsuit would never pay off your Aces, because they would know they could never win.

Bad beats are supposed to happen to good players. When they do, just accept it and move on to the next hand.Sure, it would be nice to never have to take one, but if that was the case people who'll call your big raise with J8 offsuit would never pay off your Aces, because they would know they could never win.
this is a load of BSI'l tell you what i do at home. I beat the shit out of my dirty laundry. Just feels so good to get it out.at the B&M i suck it up. and regroup. nothing much u can do there except laugh

all you can do really is just take the beat like a man. throwing darts, swearing, all that stuff is dumb. Its not going to change the outcome. just chill out and relax and play better next hand. thats just poker people.

this is a load of BSI'l tell you what i do at home. I beat the shit out of my dirty laundry. Just feels so good to get it out.at the B&M i suck it up. and regroup. nothing much u can do there except laugh
What's BS about it?I've never been steamed by a bad beat. I get plenty steamed when I make a hugely incorrect move, but never about a bad beat.Bad beats get a "wow" or "nice hand" or "great call". If the player seems intelligent enough to know he bad-beat me, it's usually "ouch". Then I move on.I've taken plenty of bad beats so far. Know what? My BR is still up, even with all of them sucking out stack after stack. Again I say they're supposed to happen and I want them to happen. I want the punks feeling lucky when they're on my table!