Okay I have trouble reading old fockers that hands shake like crazy and they always double take at their cards, squint 'till they can finally make it out. Then, they grab a stack of chips, clumsily drop one chip at a time until they have what they want to bet out there. I usually end up taking their money, but I'm always in awe the whole fkn time. Are there any common reads for guys that are 70+ that shake to no avail?Thanks.

The last time I played a midget.. well it wasn't exactly cards, but I'd definitely stare into his eyes for hours on end again if thats what he wanted. Could never get a good read, although he was only with be because of the eightball I lured him in with.

The older guys I play with regularly are all pretty good players. The common things I find in this group is that they are what I would consider loose preflop callers and then they don't raise unless they have a winner. They may bluff occasionally, but they are pretty straightforward players for the most part. Figuring this out really helped my game. Some of them are shakier, or squintier, but in this case, I've learned what their normal habits are. I suppose my advice would be to not assume these are tells of any sort for a while and pay more attention to showdowns and betting habits

nikky, when can we play heads up, huh sexy? :wink:
Well UB is where I play. Your head is already up, isn't it? :wink:
always up when i see that avatar of yours. you are my GOD! teneightps. i would give up poker for a year to have a night with nikky. yummy!
nikky, when can we play heads up, huh sexy? :wink:
Well UB is where I play. Your head is already up, isn't it? :wink:
always up when i see that avatar of yours. you are my GOD! teneightps. i would give up poker for a year to have a night with nikky. yummy!
Well, let's not blaspheme, now. You'd give up cards for me? How sweet.

Nikki's reads on old people are dead on. Trust me, I live in South Florida. I am 2 miles from Del Boca Vista. They don't raise unless they are strong.

i dont know about old ppl, but in my opinion, transvestites are the hardest to "put a read on", 1 minute your in breast heaven, next your tossing a salad....tough to figure them ts 's out man....

They very rarely look to be tricky (because they're so old), just play solid. Don't be taken in by their senile stories of the days of yore, I was sitting next to this old raisin a few days back and I allowed myself to become entranced by him. He was reciting an old warble from his tobacco farming days, while simultaneously whittling some tree bark into what looked like an egret. Anyhoo, as soon as I lose my focus on the game, he check-dies me! Granted, that move takes a lot of balls, but I'm not one to let anybody take a pot down out of pure sympathy, especially this guy (he was dead money even when he had a pulse). I called the clock on him and then notified the floor that we might need an ambulance. I'm not sure if they were able to revive him or not, but we all got a story out of it. Oh well, that's poker.

This thread reminds me of the time i was in the public pool and a 60 year old man was going down the slide and his bathing suit got caught and his nuts flapped out, and i just couldnt stop starring at his big juicy balls

This thread reminds me of the time i was in the public pool and a 60 year old man was going down the slide and his bathing suit got caught and his nuts flapped out, and i just couldnt stop starring at his big juicy balls
old man balls= +ev
Somewhere in West Palm Beach...Ron Mexico just rubbed one out.

that was my grandpa. I inherited the family balls. Royal, you should have recognized them when they were bouncin' off your chin.Joke: Who got hit in the chin with more balls, Yogi Berra or Liberace?

i dont know about old ppl, but in my opinion, transvestites are the hardest to "put a read on", 1 minute your in breast heaven, next your tossing a salad....tough to figure them ts 's out man....
Doug Stanhope: How much plastic surgery do they have to have before its not gay. I mean if they were really a chick I'd probably want to poon them in the ass anyway