1st hand of the paradise poker million dollar tourn.

So we start with 2500 in starting chips and the first hand I pick up A K of hearts. I raise from a middle position to 100 and only the big blind calls. The flop comes Q J 10 so I flopped the nuts. My opponent checks and I bet out 80 because there was a flush draw. He then raised allin for 2500 and obviously I just could't lay down the nuts so I called. He flipped over Q 9 of hearts top pair and an open ended straight draw. I stand up in my chair and yell to my friend, " HE IS NEARLY DRAWING DEAD BEN". The turn card brings a queen so he know has trip queens with the open ender. And what did the river bring the 10 of clubs giving him queens full of tens. I fell on the floor laughing it was so ridiculous. It was more than a 30 to 1 shot that he would run that boat. I was about a 97% favorite on the flop and nearly a 77% favorite on the turn. Now I was discussing this hand with my friends and we came to a conclussion that phil hellmuth could't of layed it down. Now what do you guys think of this beat it's definitely up there with the worst.

That sucks.And I agree, I don' t think there is one person that could have laid that hand down, especially in a freeroll. As they say, "That's Poker". BTW, how many people ended up in that tourney?

I think the following:1. It's a bad beat, sorry to hear that2. It belongs in the bad beat forum3. You should be barbecued. here are the reasons: a. creating one solid block of text (no conversion or even paragraphs) b. making a terrible first post c. naming yourself beanYou'll do better next time.

There was 3990 people in the tourney. And im not in english class so im not going to write in paragraphs.
Yes, but you are writing in english, so you may want to consider it. Anyway, your conversation about whether or not Hellmuth would have laid it down must have been a big waste of time. Who lays down nuts? Finally, that's cool that you laugh when people but bad beats on you; it's admirable. I get superduper mad. Have a nice day
The turn card brings a queen so he know has trip queens with the open ender. And what did the river bring the 10 of clubs giving him queens full of tens. I fell on the floor crying, it was so ridiculous.
I fixed your post. That sucks man, some people seriously cannot lay flush draws down until the river is out. I love these people and hate them at the same time.
There was 3990 people in the tourney.  And im not in english class so im not going to write in paragraphs.
definitly need a higher post count to flame a noob about first post
Who lays down nuts?
obviously you aren't familiar with aKaconditioner
damn, I read the question and thought of that, scrolled down, and I was defeated. Nice work. I would have went with "The Condish"
Who lays down nuts?
damn, I read the question and thought of that, scrolled down, and I was defeated. Nice work. I would have went with "The Condish"
when the condish movie comes out, can we get michael chiklis in the lead role? it just reminds me too much of the commish...what an awesome show, when i was like 10 :club:
Who lays down nuts?
Some other poster whose name starts with "Lous" was also advocating folding nuts earlier in the week. Always a great play.
How did he make the boat with Q-9? Flop was QJ10, turn was a Q and river was a 10?
QQTT off the board, Q in the hand. QQQTT
That's not what the post shows unless I am missing something or either he had a typo.
How did he make the boat with Q-9? Flop was QJ10, turn was a Q and river was a 10?
That's not what the post shows unless I am missing something or either he had a typo.
Board:Q J 10 Q 10Bad Guy's HandQ 9Total Qs- 3Total Tens- 2
drink less. It helps.
drink less. It helps.
Shhhhh
  • 3 years later...
So we start with 2500 in starting chips and the first hand I pick up A K of hearts. I raise from a middle position to 100 and only the big blind calls. The flop comes Q J 10 so I flopped the nuts. My opponent checks and I bet out 80 because there was a flush draw. He then raised allin for 2500 and obviously I just could't lay down the nuts so I called. He flipped over Q 9 of hearts top pair and an open ended straight draw. I stand up in my chair and yell to my friend, " HE IS NEARLY DRAWING DEAD BEN". The turn card brings a queen so he know has trip queens with the open ender. And what did the river bring the 10 of clubs giving him queens full of tens. I fell on the floor laughing it was so ridiculous. It was more than a 30 to 1 shot that he would run that boat. I was about a 97% favorite on the flop and nearly a 77% favorite on the turn. Now I was discussing this hand with my friends and we came to a conclussion that phil hellmuth could't of layed it down. Now what do you guys think of this beat it's definitely up there with the worst.
Fold