dumbest comment ever made after being trapped?

After I give this guy a free card on the river by checking to him, he bets with the flush and I come back over the top. After he calls and loses he says "I thought you had it" I asked him "Just out of curiosity if you thought I had it why would you bet on the end when I gave you a free card?" No response.I just found that comment to be very, very amusing!PokerStars Game #2434282548: Tournament #11808652, Hold'em No Limit - Level I (10/20) - 2005/08/27 - 11:20:04 (ET)Table '11808652 1' Seat #9 is the buttonSeat 1: Da Toothpick (1400 in chips) Seat 4: majorleag (2774 in chips) Seat 5: raiderboy125 (1870 in chips) Seat 6: racer96 (1380 in chips) Seat 9: MOJOaces (1576 in chips) Da Toothpick: posts small blind 10majorleag: posts big blind 20*** HOLE CARDS ***Dealt to majorleag [Ks 9s]raiderboy125: raises 60 to 80racer96: folds MOJOaces: folds Da Toothpick: folds majorleag: calls 60*** FLOP *** [Kc 9h 9c]majorleag: checks raiderboy125: bets 60majorleag: calls 60*** TURN *** [Kc 9h 9c] [4c]majorleag: checks raiderboy125: bets 60majorleag: calls 60*** RIVER *** [Kc 9h 9c 4c] [8h]majorleag: checks raiderboy125: bets 410majorleag: raises 410 to 820raiderboy125: calls 410*** SHOW DOWN ***majorleag: shows [Ks 9s] (a full house, Nines full of Kings)raiderboy125: shows [Qc Ac] (a flush, Ace high)majorleag collected 2050 from potraiderboy125 said, "nh"majorleag said, "ty"*** SUMMARY ***Total pot 2050 | Rake 0 Board [Kc 9h 9c 4c 8h]Seat 1: Da Toothpick (small blind) folded before FlopSeat 4: majorleag (big blind) showed [Ks 9s] and won (2050) with a full house, Nines full of KingsSeat 5: raiderboy125 showed [Qc Ac] and lost with a flush, Ace highSeat 6: racer96 folded before Flop (didn't bet)Seat 9: MOJOaces (button) folded before Flop (didn't bet)

This post is missing something, but I can't put my finger on it....Oh yeah, a point, that's what its missing.
If you are searching for a point, then you need not look any futher than the top of your head!!It is just funny that after betting and being trapped, he feels the urge to safe face by saying I thought you had it.Hell no you didn't think, I had it cause if you did you would check your nut flush and take your lumps versus putting more money in.That's all, most people will find that to be funny.At least people with a pulse and a sense of humor!
This post is missing something, but I can't put my finger on it....Oh yeah, a point, that's what its missing.
If you are searching for a point, then you need not look any futher than the top of your head!!It is just funny that after betting and being trapped, he feels the urge to safe face by saying I thought you had it.Hell no you didn't think, I had it cause if you did you would check your nut flush and take your lumps versus putting more money in.That's all, most people will find that to be funny.At least people with a pulse and a sense of humor!
Well, I think I have a very good sense of humor and pretty sure I have a pulse, however, I would have to disagree with you. Not funny. Sorry.
Well, I think I have a very good sense of humor and pretty sure I have a pulse, however, I would have to disagree with you. Not funny. Sorry.
To each his own I guess. Must be a singular view, but if I got unlucky enough to fall into that trap, I would say one of two things, good hand or nothing at all.I just thought it was funny that after being trapped he felt he just had to say that he thought I had the fh. Maybe you don't see how thin that is to make that comment, when it is patently obvious that he didn't have any clue I had a fh, because otherwise he would have saved money on the end instead of pouring more money in to what would otherwise be a great hand, but is clearly a loser here if you put me on a fh.I checked to him, having seen the way he plays figuring the odds were very good that he would bet if I check.
Do more than minraise on the river.
On top of no point, it was also horrible play. Now I'm laughing.
Wow, for a philospher, you would figure you would get it!Do you even play this game? Horrible play, only appropriate comment to that is LOL.
Do more than minraise on the river.
I would have to respectfully disagree wiith you here. I was not completely certain that he had a strong enough hand that he woud call if I go all in for example.I was however pretty sure that he would call my raise, so I am confident that I maximized the amount of chips that I could get out of that situation.
You played that hand awful, what more do you want us to say?
First the question was not about my play but his comment, but read my last post. You are completely incorrrect. I maximized the amount of chips I could get by allowing him to catch up and then by check raising him.Since you are so confident that I played it awful, tell me genius, if you had flopped the nearly nut full house, how would you have played it?By going all in and scaring everybody off? I want to learn how to play this game so please, oh please tell me how that would have been a better play?
I was however pretty sure that he would call my raise
Exactly. That's why you raise more than the minimum. If he's going to call a 400 chip raise he'll probably call at least a 600-800 chip raise given the pot size at that point
I was however pretty sure that he would call my raise
Exactly. That's why you raise more than the minimum. If he's going to call a 400 chip raise he'll probably call at least a 600-800 chip raise given the pot size at that point
You maybe right, maybe I could have gotten a few more from him, I was happy with that outcome though and I took him and everybody else out to win shortly thereafter.The issue was just how goofy his comment was to save face, that's all. Apparently you had to be there cause nobody else finds it funny.I did though, and still do. Nobody, but nobody puts more money in to a pot that they know/believe they will lose.

You honestly didn't trap him at all. You did what every player would do in checking your flopped full house. In a spot where you have the full house vs someones nut flush there is no reason for you not to take all the players $. Your "trap" resulted in taking 400 more chips which is pretty laughable in this situation.As for him thinking you might have the boat it is quite possible since he didn't reraise you when he had the nut flush in that scenario. So most likely he figured there was a good chance you had a boat but called getting something like 4:1 on his money.

I checked to him, having seen the way he plays figuring the odds were very good that he would bet if I check.
holy shit, can you please tutor me on this game known as poker? you knew the way he plays from watching a couple hands in level 1 of a 6 man sng...what an immaculate player.i guess i'm still in the juniorleagthe dietcokeofleag
STOP CLOGGING UP THE FORAM WITH YOU'RE CRAP IDIOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
most often times when insulting someone you would want to spell everything correctly as to not look like a jackass yourself.