heh, getting berated on fulltilt right now

don't feel like posting the HH, since nobody will read it anyway, but 2 people are berating how tight i am right now at .05/.10...KQo in sb, i complete, 6 to the flop. flop A23 all spades, i have the Qsp...i check, someone bets out 3/4 pot, another calls, i folded. Ks turns, Js rivers, so they both split playing the board...i say 'damn, i had the q' and both are berating how "ridiculously tight" i am and figured i had to be joking because i'm an awful player for folding there.thoughts? folding the 2nd nut 4flush draw to a 3/4 pot bet and a call bad/tight?

that is a little tight for my preferences. i think your biggest mistake was telling u the table what u folded since they might started calling u with junk just to out flop you (i know i would). but it is all relative, just play in your comfort zone and make decisions that you feel are right.

that is a little tight for my preferences.  i think your biggest mistake was telling u the table what u folded since they might started calling u with junk just to out flop you (i know i would).  but it is all relative, just play in your comfort zone and make decisions that you feel are right.
well, i'm basically playing smash's way, just with a few more raising hands like AK in late position, etc, so i really don't mind the calls, because they're calling way behind.

then i wouldn't sweat the peeps berating you. you got a plan, your implementing it and staying disciplined to it. good luck

then i wouldn't sweat the peeps berating you.  you got a plan, your implementing it and staying disciplined to it.  good luck
not sweating it at all, just wondering what people's thoughts are on folding this...and i'm actually surprised i got a 'too tight' answer to it, since a bet and a call can usually assume either the nut flush draw is out there, or someone already has a flush and was defending it...occasionally it's 2 donks betting/calling toppair no fd though :club:

no calling there would be retarded. Not only would you have 0 implied odds if you had the best hand because theres a 4 card flush out there, you could have - implied odds because you aren't drawing to the nut flush

i guess i just got some gamble in me cause i dont mind losing with the 2nd nutz
so you're fine losing with 29 on a board of 3TJQK?it's just dumb to be calling with barely the right odds to draw at the flush when you're not drawing to the nuts, especially when it's 3 suited cards on the flop.
don't feel like posting the HH, since nobody will read it anyway, but 2 people are berating how tight i am right now at .05/.10...KQo in sb, i complete, 6 to the flop.  flop A23 all spades, i have the Qsp...i check, someone bets out 3/4 pot, another calls, i folded.  Ks turns, Js rivers, so they both split playing the board...i say 'damn, i had the q' and both are berating how "ridiculously tight" i am and figured i had to be joking because i'm an awful player for folding there.thoughts?  folding the 2nd nut 4flush draw to a 3/4 pot bet and a call bad/tight?
shut off the chat and play your game.. that you feel comfortable with..
don't feel like posting the HH, since nobody will read it anyway, but 2 people are berating how tight i am right now at .05/.10...KQo in sb, i complete, 6 to the flop.  flop A23 all spades, i have the Qsp...i check, someone bets out 3/4 pot, another calls, i folded.  Ks turns, Js rivers, so they both split playing the board...i say 'damn, i had the q' and both are berating how "ridiculously tight" i am and figured i had to be joking because i'm an awful player for folding there.thoughts?  folding the 2nd nut 4flush draw to a 3/4 pot bet and a call bad/tight?
fold. I'm not surprized that people in a low limit game are telling you to fold, bc most are probably fish, But i was surprized to see so many people on the forum telling you to call when ur drawing to a hand that can very possibly be beat even if u do make the flush.Basically, I much prefer a fold than a call.

What are the stacks of the other two? What's your stack? If I wasn't playing the Smash style, then I might call if I was getting implied odds.That said, since you're playing such a disciplined style, you did the right thing.However, do not advertise you are playing so tightly. The whole point of the system is to get people to call you when you push.

how can anyone possibly suggest a call is the right move here against multiple opponents. when a low spade comes next give me your money when you cant throw away your queen because its a retarded fold"only 1 card could beat me." i guess you think a set on a 4 suited board is also good. what does that cracky old bastard say?Good Luck,you will need it .

seems like a pretty fine fold to me. You dont know that the king of spades is coming, so you cant be 100% sure that if, say, the 7s comes on the turn, that your queen is good. And there is always a long shot straight flush possibility out there. Would you have won the pot had you called? Yea. But if you never fold the winning hand, you're playing too loose.

If the stacks are deep and the implied odds are high, I would have called for sure in a cash game. So what if the K beats you. Do you (not necessarily you Pupsta) always fold non-nut draws? This is nothing like the 2-9 straight hand. In that hand there are 4 aces to beat you, and 3 nines to split pot. In this hand, if any spade comes, there is one K to beat you, and if the board never pairs, that's it. For me, this is a simple matter of implied odds. Based on your read of the villains, will they pay you off if you make the best hand?

If the stacks are deep and the implied odds are high, I would have called for sure in a cash game. So what if the K beats youWhen they did the labotomy and put that chunk of brain they took out in the little pan, can you still be upset about it, or is pretty much just vegitable time immediately?Yeah, I think the best time to chase a non nut one card draw when you might be drawing completely dead is when the stacks are deep. Just in case you hit your 40 to 1 shot one outer that's ussually in someone else's hand when they get struck by lightning and it flips up onto the board to be the turn card right as the dealer is dealing the actual turn card and that spontanionously combusts at just that moment and everyone else is distracted by midget riding by on the Lama.good luck.

Alright Smash...admittedly I'm a shitty NL ring game player, but what percentage of the time do you think the K is in one of the villain's hands? If it's anything less than 100, there is break-even implied odds value. If that % is relatively low, the the implied odds could be completely reasonable. There's a wheel straight possibility that could end up paying your flush if it hits...this is .05/.10 we're talking about. Getting paid is not exactly the hard part.

Getting paid is not exactly the hard part.No, the hard part is not paying people off when you're DRAWING DEAD ON THE FLOP IN A MINISCULE POT.Holy shit, you people are mesmerising. Just play bingo, you're better off!

No, the hard part is not paying people off when you're DRAWING DEAD ON THE FLOP IN A MINISCULE POT.
Yeah, the miniscule pot is the best reason to fold.Just for fun, I did some back-of-the-envelope calculations. Assuming Ks is twice as likely as "random" to be in an opponents hand (due to action on a flush board), and assuming you lose your stack when you do make the second best flush, and assuming you fold the turn when you miss, you'd need to get somewhere around 1/2 your current stack in future bets from your opponents when you make your hand to break even. If an all-in by you gets called every time, the call is +EV. I can show my work if anyone is interested.r
how can there be such a debate when ther is only 1 anser. censored i cant believe ive wasted 2 posts on this thread, jsut give me your money.
lol. the cheque is in the mail. There's always only 1 answer. Why do we even have these forums?
....midget riding by on the Lama.good luck.
using the article "the" made me laugh more.So have we turned all PL and NL games into Nut Peddling?I guess since you can 8 table online, there's not much reason to risk rev implied odds with semi-strong hands.no wonder I lose so much at No Limit...and take a bit to re-adjust to Limit after playing NL.We do not fold this in Limit, right, cool?And we raise it pf, especially with 6 limpers....