just moved up--and a couple other questions

I just moved up to 3/6 from 2/4, lhe. It seems about the same so far, but has been just a little tighter. Anyone notice any differences at the same move in limits, and are there any changes in play that I should incorporate? i plan on doing a full re-read of sshe,TOP, and holdem for advanced players very soon as i hold all of these books in very high esteem. thanks for any advice.

An interesting thing about the 3/6 game compared to 2/4. The 3/6 blind structure punishes the bad players at a higher rate than the 2/4 structure. In the 3/6, the SB is only $1, 33% of the BB. In 2/4 obv the SB is also $1, 50% of the BB. Mathematically, you should play slightly tighter in the 3/6 game. The crazies and loose players don't understand this and play the same game they always do. So if you are playing a very tight starting hand game then your BB/100 should be slightly higher in the 3/6 after you get settled.A key thing to remember in 3/6 is that it is not enticing to defend your SB against a raise. Many hands that you should defend the SB with in a 2/4 game you should muck in the 3/6. You should also complete the SB bet with a call less often.

Hi.The point was you have a close decision between calling and folding from the SB. In 2/4 you need 3x your investment to defend. In 3/6 you need 5x. Simple math used to illustrate a difference between 2/4 and 3/6. Which is what the OP was asking about. I'm not giving any advice here about specific hand requirements.Die in a grease fire.

3-6 has the biggest difference bettween the BB and SB and like it had been poined out this rewards tighter pre-flop play.5-10 is the highest limit without a BB twice the SB and has similar pre-flop play.But both are more agressive post flop than 2-4

In my opinion the only difference in 2/4 and 3/6 is the SB vs BB varience.You don't start seeing a great difference in play until you play 4/8 5/10.I havn't played 5/10 myself but once the BR is big enough I'll see you fish there.<3 you.

In my opinion the only difference in 2/4 and 3/6 is the SB vs BB varience.You don't start seeing a great difference in play until you play 4/8 5/10.I havn't played 5/10 myself but once the BR is big enough I'll see you fish there.<3 you.
I was playing 2/4 about 4-5 months ago.. and now I am playing 20/40, and personally, I don't see a whole lot of difference there either. Any limit you go to, you will find a great deal of bad players. Just play your cards, and don't back down to pressure. Call people down w/ 2nd pair if you think you have the best hand sometimes. The biggest thing in limit poker is to just always be aggressive. Don't get bullied.
Watch out for the dealers on Party 3/6.About 1 in 5 of them are card mechanics, so table/dealer selection is key.Download DealerTracker.
That was thoroughly unfunny. Nice attempt. Keep firing.
I was playing 2/4 about 4-5 months ago.. and now I am playing 20/40, and personally, I don't see a whole lot of difference there either. Any limit you go to, you will find a great deal of bad players. Just play your cards, and don't back down to pressure. Call people down w/ 2nd pair if you think you have the best hand sometimes. The biggest thing in limit poker is to just always be aggressive. Don't get bullied.
Question #1: You built your bankroll (playing 2/4) in 4-5 months to a point you could play 20/40?My reads are pretty good...so either someone is bankrolling you, you won the lottery, we are talking play chips, or someone likes to fib. (unless of course I'm missing the "sw").Question #2: You don't see a whole lot of difference between "no fold'em hold'em" and 20/40?Guess that statement alone answers the first question.Call me at the end of the week when you've reached 200/400.Shuffle up and get real.