a bit of a different perspective on druff...

paul actually TRYS to be funny....druff was funny without trying to be.. it was like the scene in the movie " cant buy me love" where the nerd trys to act cool ...it didnt work..he came off mildly retarded...as far as having something to talk about' date=' id much rather talk about how great so and so played than to discuss how much druff acted like a special ed drop out...saved by the bell never asked screech to carry the whole show ' date=' why would espn want druff to carry this one....[/quote'']laughing at him not with him, yeah i get it. druff's a good guy though, not everyone can be arthur fonzarelli, or zach morris for that matter. dude you watch abc family, don't you. i was flipping through the channels last night and "can't buy me love" was on that station. just caught the end, had seen it before though. can't remember anything from the movie, but patrick dempsey is a good egg. good saved by the bell reference btw, i completely agree with what you're trying to say. ps when i read your posts i do it in ivey's voice for some reason. i once read an entire poker book with mike sexton's voice in my head. i couldn't tell if it was a good or bad thing.
lol pretty funny stuff...i havent thought about that movie in years lol.i missed it if it was on last night lol...
  • Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This sagacious observation needs more attention.

what a bunch of censored douchebags... looshe... you're in CT.. wanna meet so I can knock your teeth out? Then I can make fun of how funny you looked with your jaw broken?
Why are you taking it so personally guy?Are you gonna beat me up and take my lunch money too? :club: So what if the guys a geek and he's not dating a supermodel? He put himself and his girlfriend on TV in front of the world and he's gonna get criticized. And just cause you wanna give the guy a hummer isn't gonna chance any of that.
what a bunch of censored douchebags... looshe... you're in CT.. wanna meet so I can knock your teeth out? Then I can make fun of how funny you looked with your jaw broken?
Why are you taking it so personally guy?Are you gonna beat me up and take my lunch money too? :club: So what if the guys a geek and he's not dating a supermodel? He put himself and his girlfriend on TV in front of the world and he's gonna get criticized. And just cause you wanna give the guy a hummer isn't gonna chance any of that.
hummers are nice, but i prefer escalades...
UFC is coming to the mohegan sun in about a month, you guys should register. i live in CT too. i drop a pretty mean elbow, greg the hammer valentine style, if anyone wants to mix it up with me.
OMG i cant blieve i scanned over this.. dang!!.Hey.. SoullesS.. Go Fuck Yourself.I have a question. who says "knock your teeth out"?.. do u follow this up with "knuckle sandwich?" give me a break idiot. Do yourself a favour and masterbate, cuz i hear it makes people witty.

Before the birth of internet poker, most people found at a poker table were pretty socially saavy people. Live poker is a lot about your interpersonal skills...and how you portray yourself, and how your opponents see you.With internet poker, that has changed quite a bit, and there is a changing face to the typical poker player. There are a lot of what society considers "nerds" playing poker today. Not to pick on people..but look at all the people from Magic, playing poker today. Sorry..but everyone I have ever known to have played that game has been quite suspect of being nerdy.As for Druff....sure, he is a former computer programmer, and society would generally consider him "nerdy". Yes he acted pretty ridiculously...but he said long before the show aired that they were encouraged to "act" and he said that he was the only one talking. Druff likes to entertain, and he thought that was what he was doing. Yes...he kinda bombed in the entertainment sense...but there is no doubt that ESPN made a clear cut decision on how to portray him and edited their film to do so.Fact of the matter...Druff is a nice guy and has gone out of his way to help a lot of people and is a good guy.Sure...we are ribbing him over on NWP as well....all in good fun, but judging him as a person, based on a tv portrayal is not completely fair (ask Josh Ariah)...and comments about his girlfriend are not very classy. Yes...this is an anonymous internet forum, but we are all ****ing human beings here. If you really think you can justify talking about someones partner like that...especially knowing full well that they will be reading it, you are a poor excuse for a human being, plain and simple. Have a little decency..that is all.

TODD/DAN DRUFF/ACTION or whatever your name will be tomorrow:why would ESPN tell someone to ham it up? poker provides it's own drama. wait... a better question is, if you made it to a final table and it was to be aired on ESPN and they told you to "ham it up" for the cameras, why didn't you politely tell them to f*ck off??? not that i have been to many final tables or anything but if i make it to a final table, i'm expending 100% of my energies to winning 1st place and observing my competition, rather than jumping around like an attention-starved monkey trying to look good on camera (which has to be -EV)...besides, what are they going to do, tell you to leave? its your money, you can act any damn way you wanted to, and you did, without any prompting from their staff and you know it. from your self-serving post about Negreanu (which was in actuality saying "look at me! look at me! i won a bracelet! i'm important now and i'm gonna bash others to make me look even better!"), to your sorry WSOP episode, now your fake internet names, you have proven yourself to be that attention-starved monkey, and you will not be getting anymore of that attention from me. i implore posters to let this sneaky little rat die in his own excrement, he doesn't deserve this much attention around here.

If you really think you can justify talking about someones partner like that...especially knowing full well that they will be reading it, you are a poor excuse for a human being, plain and simple.If he somehow comes across this and it actually bothers him, it just reinforces the fact that he's a huge geek.I win either way. :-)

Royal Tour-You're a censored.
whats a censored?
I think he meant "wildman in the sack"....but that's just my interpretation.
that was my first guess too., but i wanted to make sure.
this was my interpretation as well
TODD/DAN DRUFF/ACTION or whatever your name will be tomorrow:why would ESPN tell someone to ham it up? poker provides it's own drama. wait... a better question is, if you made it to a final table and it was to be aired on ESPN and they told you to "ham it up" for the cameras, why didn't you politely tell them to f*ck off??? not that i have been to many final tables or anything but if i make it to a final table, i'm expending 100% of my energies to winning 1st place and observing my competition, rather than jumping around like an attention-starved monkey trying to look good on camera (which has to be -EV)...besides, what are they going to do, tell you to leave? its your money, you can act any damn way you wanted to, and you did, without any prompting from their staff and you know it. from your self-serving post about Negreanu (which was in actuality saying "look at me! look at me! i won a bracelet! i'm important now and i'm gonna bash others to make me look even better!"), to your sorry WSOP episode, now your fake internet names, you have proven yourself to be that attention-starved monkey, and you will not be getting anymore of that attention from me. i implore posters to let this sneaky little rat die in his own excrement, he doesn't deserve this much attention around here.
:clap: :clap: :club::D Please, everyone, heed this advice.....thank you

I'm here to say, Royal is a wild man in the sack. He is like two wild men actually.I pissed my pants when I read the knock your teeth out and knuckle sandwich. GREAT STUFF. hilarious

i understand that espn told him to "ham it up" in front of the cameras. what i don't get is why he did his corky from life goes on impersonation...look, the voices in my head till me to decapitate my wife every tuesday, but i somehow fight that...he should have told espn that i will do what it was that got me here, play solid poker...its not like he was trying to get his own sitcom on upn because of this.....the "well they told me to do it " defense is kinda lame and more than a little pathetic...espn might have edited some things, but he did actually say the words that came out of his mouth<picture chris tuckers voice while reading that>so how are they 100% the blame? he came off as a retard and thats how the internet community will know him, he was right he did become famous .if thats fame, you can keep it ..being the "slow kid" of the internet isnt for me...oh wait , too late..ok being the slowest kid isnt for me...

i understand that espn told him to "ham it up" in front of the cameras. what i don't get is why he did his corky from life goes on impersonation...look, the voices in my head till me to decapitate my wife every tuesday, but i somehow fight that...he should have told espn that i will do what it was that got me here, play solid poker...its not like he was trying to get his own sitcom on upn because of this.....the "well they told me to do it " defense is kinda lame and more than a little pathetic...espn might have edited some things, but he did actually say the words that came out of his mouth<picture chris tuckers voice while reading that>so how are they 100% the blame? he came off as a retard and thats how the internet community will know him, he was right he did become famous .if thats fame, you can keep it ..being the "slow kid" of the internet isnt for me...oh wait , too late..ok being the slowest kid isnt for me...
Well put. Now don't you have a short bus to catch? :-) 100th post. What do I win?

listen, don't be stealin' my Corky references. I used that like a month ago. Don't bite my rhymes. Come up with your own retard.I love you Iveyfan, lets slowdance to some DeadKennedys. Thats a national band right? Or were they just local. Can't remember. Not my genre. I like middle Depeche Mode, not early or late. Some Cure. I love you though.

I haven't seen this on tv yet. I am not watching much tv. Hey Druff are you stealin from me dude? I need to see this.
Well put. Now don't you have a short bus to catch? :-) 100th post. What do I win?
mama said i can walk this time...thats if i dont run into the nice man that owns the pawn shop ..whats his name again? gimp thats right..well see ya later...
i understand that espn told him to "ham it up" in front of the cameras. what i don't get is why he did his corky from life goes on impersonation...
Aaron Bartley (GambleAB) posted over at NWP that he was never asked to "ham it up" by ESPN for his final table appearance, for whatever that's worth...