a bit of a different perspective on druff...

The thing is that it is only Norm Chad. He might have been jealous because Druff looks like one of his ex wifes. On the subject of his girl, we should have more class than to say crap about her. This is supposed to be the better of the forums in that regard.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This sagacious observation needs more attention.

The thing is that it is only Norm Chad. He might have been jealous because Druff looks like one of his ex wifes. On the subject of his girl, we should have more class than to say crap about her. This is supposed to be the better of the forums in that regard.
Ha, and RGP is supposed to be the worst. But wait, there are two threads on RGP about this, totaling maybe 20 posts, while who knows how many posts have been made in the last 24 hours on here. Just when I think FCP has won me over, I'm reminded of the average age of people on here. Regardless of how annoying he might have been, or how unattractive his gf might be to some people, it takes a certain level of maturity for someone to spend their time attacking someone on an online forum.Patrick
I am a long time lurker at both this place and neverwin's site.  I always enjoyed Druff's posts there and his willingness to help out the beginners, but beyond that I don't really know or care about the guy.  I am also not some NWP flag waver who has to defend their boy at all costs.  I think these forum rivalries are beyond stupid.But let me get to the point.Like most of you, I saw the Druff ESPN program last night.  However I emerged with a completely different perspective than many of the critics I have seen here and elsewhere.  Had this just been a Druff insult fest I would have stayed out of it and not bothered registering, but those super tasteless comments about his girlfriend actually made me get off my ass and register an account here just to share my feelings.  I am not planning on posting here much and I don't know any of you, so I don't care if anyone flames me.Limit poker is boring.  We all know that.  This stupid event wasn't even on the schedule and was an emergency replacement due to a final table scheduling problem.  Add to this the fact that this was not only a final table of no names, but these guys collectively had the personality of a bowl of white rice.  Without Druff there, this event could have been used to cure even the most severe of insomnia cases.  But I digress.ESPN needed an angle.  They tried with the young player angle, but like the rest of you, I wasn't on pins and needles as to whether or not a new young player record would be set.  Druff was the only guy willing to ham it up for the television and make the thing watchable.  I'm not saying he was doing what he did for ESPN's sake, but he knew it was on TV, everyone else was sitting there like duds, and he decided to take it in his own hands to liven up the place.Now it doesn't take a genius to realize that Druff does not have television experience, and maybe his antics came off as awkward and even annoying to some.  That is fine, and you are entitled to your opinions.  I didn't find him that way at all.  In fact, I found his stuff amusing, especially the seat cover tossing.  How many of you would have the balls to do stuff like that on national TV?  I know I wouldn't.  I would probably just stare straight ahead the whole time like E-Fro did.Now regarding the way Druff and his girlfriend looked, not only do I think such talk is inappropriate, especially given that very few of you have pictures posted of yourselves, but I don't even agree with what you said.  I am not making the argument that Druff is a GQ model, and I certainly saw the computer software in his past, but other than that he looked pretty normal.  In fact if I were to think of my list of unattractive televised poker players, Druff wouldn't even be one of them.  As far as his girlfriend goes, she may not be 110 pounds, but she looked fine to me.  In fact I commented to my buddy watching about a certain feature of hers that we all noticed, and my comments were far from negative!  Why are you guys even bringing this crap up anyway?  You know Druff is an online player and forum poster, and he is likely to see this.  His girlfriend will probably see it too.  Would everyone here like to post pictures of themselves and their girlfriend and let the rest of us unleash our meanest comments?  Doubt it.Though most of these posts were about Druff's actions, looks, and his girlfriend, a few of you said some negative things about his play.  That is probably where I am most confused.  Druff was shown in the highest number of hands in the broadcast (I think) and IMO he played all but one perfectly.  The only exception was that AQ suited hand where he called with overcards and a backdoor flush draw, but even that play could be argued for given the size of the pot and the fact that the original raiser preflop was all in.  The dumb commentators said that his QJ gutshot call against Peter Costa's AA was loose.  They obviously don't understand limit poker and implied odds, especially in an early final table tournament setting.  If you guys want to criticize play, there were plenty of really bad plays made during the broadcast, but not by Druff.  I won't name names because I still respect each and every one of those players for getting that far, and I can imagine the pressure of performing there with all the cameras and the audience, not to mention the money and bracelet.  But really, I thought Druff did a great job in the hands I saw him in overall.  So anyway Druff, if you read this, which I'm sure you will soon, please don't let this drivel get you down.  I respected your play, I respected the guts it took to try and entertain us, and I think that most of the people here criticizing you are likely sad sacks who all of us would laugh at if we knew their life story.I forget who but some guy had like 8000 posts or something here and he was going on about Druff being a nerd, etc.  Think about that and suddenly this whole thing becomes sick and funny at the same time.Who am I?  I am nobody.  Never been at a final table.  Played a few events at the WSOP and picked up a minor cash.  I play mainly limit when I do the cash game thing, and usually play 20-40 or 30-60.  I am up lifetime in poker but I'm not exactly ready to retire.  I am more of a reader and not a talker even though you wouldn't guess it from this post, lol.  Usually I enjoy these forums both here and neverwin's site, but this time it got out of hand and I had to say something.Now go ahead and flame me.
these two posts are eerily similar in writing style
I wanted to respond to everyone's comments regarding a post of mine that I knew would become controversial. I tried to say everything in a respectful and non-egotistical manner, yet still I managed to offend some people here. So be it.  First off, I wanted to post here earlier today, but this site has an annoying restriction that disallows any Yahoo address. After trying multiple addresses and finding them all "banned", I finally gave up. I figured that it might be a situation where all free e-mail sites were banned, but I didn't feel like bothering with experimenting further at that point. Finally, someone from neverwinpoker made me an account with their e-mail at school. So here I am.  I'm glad to see that Daniel took the time to respond to my post -- which wasn't even originally designated to be made on this forum. Again, as I mentioned in my original message, Daniel and I were never at the same table. I was only going on hearsay, regarding the way Daniel both built up and lost his gigantic middle-stage stack. I was told that he played wildly at the beginning and hit miracle upon miracle, thus building up his stack quickly. While people did note that he took some really rough beats to allow his stack to evaporate so quickly, others stated that he was playing too many hands and set himself up for this to happen. Again, this is only hearsay. Maybe the players who told me this were poor judges of his play, or they were simply bitter about beats he had given them. I don't know. Obviously I can't verify the truthfulness of any of this.  I don't understand how people are taking my post as an indication that I have a big ego. At no point in my post did I brag about myself, put Daniel's skills down, or anything that would be representative of someone who sees himself as the world's greatest player. For those of you that don't know my story, I'm a cash game player. I never gave a second thought to big tournaments until this year's WSOP, at which point I decided to give it a whirl. I made 3rd in my first one, 1st in my second. I'm proud of those accomplishments, but I also realize that a fair share of luck was required. I don't expect to final table at every tournament, and in fact already got a dose of harsh tournament reality when I was bad beat quickly out of the main event.  I'm also aware that cards play a large role in your success during the later stages of tournaments. I had the chip lead at one point at the final table in the 1500 Limit event, yet I lost the majority of my stack within a period of 25 minutes when I simply got cold-decked during 3-handed play.  The point of my post was not to rub it in Daniel's face that I won the event and he didn't. The reason I posted that was simply to express my surprise that an experienced, successful player such as Daniel wasn't able to hold onto such a humungous lead at a limit event. When I saw him with the 70k stack, I was just about 100% sure that he'd be at the final table, and I felt that he'd likely take the whole thing. When I saw that he had the lowest stack as day 1 was ending, I had to do a double-take. After he busted, various players were talking about him, and the consensus was that, while he took some terrible beats, some of his losing was his own doing. I was surprised to hear that, but at the same time, with all of the recent "Daniel has lost focus" talk, it almost made sense when putting the two together.  Look, if it turns out that the truth is simply that Daniel ran into unavoidable high-chip-loss situations, then I apologize for insinuating that he might have been reckless. I guess I'll never know the true answer to this one, and really when it comes down to it, it really doesn't matter. If Daniel is honestly playing as well as he always has, then his results will show again in the long run. One bad WSOP means nothing. Anyone can have a run of terrible luck.  Finally, some people jumped on me for identifying myself as a "one-time fan" of Daniel Negreanu. I used those words because, as a high limit player myself these days, I don't really see myself as a "fan" of any particular players anymore. However, there are still players whom I respect, and Daniel has always been one of them. While there have been various insults hurled Daniel's way on neverwinpoker, I never participated in any of that. I even struggled with myself whether I should make the post that I did, but I decided to anyway. I was careful to be respectful and non-insulting with the way I presented everything.  One of the reasons I always respected Daniel's game was that he was one of the few strong tournament players who also maintained a strong cash game. Too often, you'll find that some "TV pros" are surprisingly clueless when it comes to playing cash games -- especially limit cash games. From what I have seen and heard, Daniel is strong in both areas, and not just at one particular game. I hope that his recent outside ventures haven't taken their toll on his bread-and-butter poker game. It's too early for me or anyone else to judge, but I posted something to indicate a suspicion (though based somewhat on hearsay) that something may have changed.  I hope this clears things up. I'll check back here in the coming days for your responses.  
nice try Danny, next time wait a couple days and misspell some stuff! it'll make your alias posts more believable

Gabe's just awkward in a quiet, more endearing way. hey if i got my sorry ass on TV there would be an 800-post thread filled with insults, but i'd be in there laughin it up with you, not making aliases to try and defend myself.... keep it real Todd!

Ha, and RGP is supposed to be the worst. But wait, there are two threads on RGP about this, totaling maybe 20 posts, while who knows how many posts have been made in the last 24 hours on here. Just when I think FCP has won me over, I'm reminded of the average age of people on here. Regardless of how annoying he might have been, or how unattractive his gf might be to some people, it takes a certain level of maturity for someone to spend their time attacking someone on an online forum.Patrick
I think that part of the reason for all of the druff threads is this percieved rivalry between NWP and FCP and Druff assessment of DN's play at the limit event that DN was chipleading at, I think if those two factors weren't in play that there wouldn't nearly be as many druff threads in gen pop
I think that part of the reason for all of the druff threads is this percieved rivalry between NWP and FCP and Druff assessment of DN's play at the limit event that DN was chipleading at, I think if those two factors weren't in play that there wouldn't nearly be as many druff threads in gen pop
Captain Chaos, are you filling in for Captain Obvious today?Is he sick?Is he on vacation?Help us out here.
Captain Chaos, are you filling in for Captain Obvious today?Is he sick?Is he on vacation?Help us out here.
its professor chaos dumbshit
these two posts are eerily similar in writing style
This sagacious observation needs more attention.
Actually Paul, if I knew what sagacious meant, I would tend to agree. Good day sir.
can i get a link to his girlfriends pics??I dont have satelite right now.help me people
Allow me to paint you a picture honey. This is not a critique, just my observation. (that wasn't for you honey, just the observers. You know the drill)She probably goes about 5'8", my best guess (I'm very good at guessing girls weights, being married for 4 years and all) would be around 175lb, ENORMOUS TITS. I mean huge. Worthwhile. She had black straight hair but it had that just out of the shower look which I'm not a huge fan of. Didn't really notice any makeup. Just a plain face. I'd certainly brew up a batch of stomach pancakes for her. Not as bad as everyone says. Not a model though. Boobs stuck out way farther than any gut. She wasn't slovenly or anything. Just a big girl with huge boobs. Not bad overall.
175 pds?? i dunno sweet cheeks. that sounds pretty large to me.
Actually it's not as big as you may think. The problem is that you rarely ever know a girls ACTUAL weight, unless she's like 105 or something, they all fudge the numbers a bit. I guarantee you've seen girls who are like 5'10 and 175 and you probably would never guess. I mean they're not tiny, but in terms of a weight number, it's not as large as you think. I saw the show, but I only saw her once... it was while she was in the crowd and could only really see her face.... I was flipping between that and SVU so I missed it if they showed her more later, but just thought I would clear up the whole weight issue myth that girls like to let you believe. Kinda like Ron and how all his lady friends claim it's 9 inches.... but let me tell you friends... 5 3/4 is probably more accurate! :lol:Keepin' it :realplayer:
Can you ever forgive me?  And why are you not telling us what happened to Captain Obvious?  What have you done with him?
I think its up to paul to bring out that funny pic
I am a long time lurker at both this place and neverwin's site.  I always enjoyed Druff's posts there and his willingness to help out the beginners, but beyond that I don't really know or care about the guy.  I am also not some NWP flag waver who has to defend their boy at all costs.  I think these forum rivalries are beyond stupid.But let me get to the point.Like most of you, I saw the Druff ESPN program last night.  However I emerged with a completely different perspective than many of the critics I have seen here and elsewhere.  Had this just been a Druff insult fest I would have stayed out of it and not bothered registering, but those super tasteless comments about his girlfriend actually made me get off my ass and register an account here just to share my feelings.  I am not planning on posting here much and I don't know any of you, so I don't care if anyone flames me.Limit poker is boring.  We all know that.  This stupid event wasn't even on the schedule and was an emergency replacement due to a final table scheduling problem.  Add to this the fact that this was not only a final table of no names, but these guys collectively had the personality of a bowl of white rice.  Without Druff there, this event could have been used to cure even the most severe of insomnia cases.  But I digress.ESPN needed an angle.  They tried with the young player angle, but like the rest of you, I wasn't on pins and needles as to whether or not a new young player record would be set.  Druff was the only guy willing to ham it up for the television and make the thing watchable.  I'm not saying he was doing what he did for ESPN's sake, but he knew it was on TV, everyone else was sitting there like duds, and he decided to take it in his own hands to liven up the place.Now it doesn't take a genius to realize that Druff does not have television experience, and maybe his antics came off as awkward and even annoying to some.  That is fine, and you are entitled to your opinions.  I didn't find him that way at all.  In fact, I found his stuff amusing, especially the seat cover tossing.  How many of you would have the balls to do stuff like that on national TV?  I know I wouldn't.  I would probably just stare straight ahead the whole time like E-Fro did.Now regarding the way Druff and his girlfriend looked, not only do I think such talk is inappropriate, especially given that very few of you have pictures posted of yourselves, but I don't even agree with what you said.  I am not making the argument that Druff is a GQ model, and I certainly saw the computer software in his past, but other than that he looked pretty normal.  In fact if I were to think of my list of unattractive televised poker players, Druff wouldn't even be one of them.  As far as his girlfriend goes, she may not be 110 pounds, but she looked fine to me.  In fact I commented to my buddy watching about a certain feature of hers that we all noticed, and my comments were far from negative!  Why are you guys even bringing this crap up anyway?  You know Druff is an online player and forum poster, and he is likely to see this.  His girlfriend will probably see it too.  Would everyone here like to post pictures of themselves and their girlfriend and let the rest of us unleash our meanest comments?  Doubt it.Though most of these posts were about Druff's actions, looks, and his girlfriend, a few of you said some negative things about his play.  That is probably where I am most confused.  Druff was shown in the highest number of hands in the broadcast (I think) and IMO he played all but one perfectly.  The only exception was that AQ suited hand where he called with overcards and a backdoor flush draw, but even that play could be argued for given the size of the pot and the fact that the original raiser preflop was all in.  The dumb commentators said that his QJ gutshot call against Peter Costa's AA was loose.  They obviously don't understand limit poker and implied odds, especially in an early final table tournament setting.  If you guys want to criticize play, there were plenty of really bad plays made during the broadcast, but not by Druff.  I won't name names because I still respect each and every one of those players for getting that far, and I can imagine the pressure of performing there with all the cameras and the audience, not to mention the money and bracelet.  But really, I thought Druff did a great job in the hands I saw him in overall.  So anyway Druff, if you read this, which I'm sure you will soon, please don't let this drivel get you down.  I respected your play, I respected the guts it took to try and entertain us, and I think that most of the people here criticizing you are likely sad sacks who all of us would laugh at if we knew their life story.I forget who but some guy had like 8000 posts or something here and he was going on about Druff being a nerd, etc.  Think about that and suddenly this whole thing becomes sick and funny at the same time.Who am I?  I am nobody.  Never been at a final table.  Played a few events at the WSOP and picked up a minor cash.  I play mainly limit when I do the cash game thing, and usually play 20-40 or 30-60.  I am up lifetime in poker but I'm not exactly ready to retire.  I am more of a reader and not a talker even though you wouldn't guess it from this post, lol.  Usually I enjoy these forums both here and neverwin's site, but this time it got out of hand and I had to say something.Now go ahead and flame me.
glad you put it that way because I completely agree but mine was going to be a lot nastier. All of these "forum pros" with their comments on everything from the way a guy talks to what he or his or her partner looks like.. What the hell has happened to poker? Is this high school? anyway... I agree with you 100% AJ

Though most of these posts were about Druff's actions, looks, and his girlfriend, a few of you said some negative things about his play. That is probably where I am most confused. Druff was shown in the highest number of hands in the broadcast (I think) and IMO he played all but one perfectly. Yeah, calling with a gutshot and undercards heads up dead to a 4 outer against Costa's set was genius.No one can tell how well or poorly anyone played based on an edited TV show. On the other hand everyone can tell a lot about someone's personality.Good luck.

How many of you would have the balls to do stuff like that on national TV?
I never will understand this. People act stupid in public and defend it as an act of courage - not a lack of self control, or an abnormal need for attention, especially for a grown man.
How many of you would have the balls to do stuff like that on national TV?
I never will understand this. People act stupid in public and defend it as an act of courage - not a lack of self control, or an abnormal need for attention, especially for a grown man.
hahahahahahaha, good post :club::D

jeez, everyone missed that the OP is Dan Druff under an alias to try and defend himself??? (everyone except Paul evidently) o well, as funny as this was to me earlier when i posted it, i kinda feel bad for the guy now, he's taking a serious beating the likes of which i have not seen in my limited time on the interweb

jeez, everyone missed that the OP is  Dan Druff under an alias to try and defend himself??? (everyone except Paul evidently)  o well, as funny as this was to me earlier when i posted it, i kinda feel bad for the guy now, he's taking a serious beating the likes of which i have not seen in my limited time on the interweb
You should have probably given a link to the additional attention that your sagacious observation merited.I humbly submit http://extempore.livejournal.com/111154.htmlnh
jeez, everyone missed that the OP is  Dan Druff under an alias to try and defend himself??? (everyone except Paul evidently)  o well, as funny as this was to me earlier when i posted it, i kinda feel bad for the guy now, he's taking a serious beating the likes of which i have not seen in my limited time on the interweb
he invited it on himself, and he's just upset that the responses have been so negative towards him, he knew that stuff would be said, but seriously what can you expcet when you act like an ass on a telecast nowadays