a bit of a different perspective on druff...

I am a long time lurker at both this place and neverwin's site. I always enjoyed Druff's posts there and his willingness to help out the beginners, but beyond that I don't really know or care about the guy. I am also not some NWP flag waver who has to defend their boy at all costs. I think these forum rivalries are beyond stupid.But let me get to the point.Like most of you, I saw the Druff ESPN program last night. However I emerged with a completely different perspective than many of the critics I have seen here and elsewhere. Had this just been a Druff insult fest I would have stayed out of it and not bothered registering, but those super tasteless comments about his girlfriend actually made me get off my ass and register an account here just to share my feelings. I am not planning on posting here much and I don't know any of you, so I don't care if anyone flames me.Limit poker is boring. We all know that. This stupid event wasn't even on the schedule and was an emergency replacement due to a final table scheduling problem. Add to this the fact that this was not only a final table of no names, but these guys collectively had the personality of a bowl of white rice. Without Druff there, this event could have been used to cure even the most severe of insomnia cases. But I digress.ESPN needed an angle. They tried with the young player angle, but like the rest of you, I wasn't on pins and needles as to whether or not a new young player record would be set. Druff was the only guy willing to ham it up for the television and make the thing watchable. I'm not saying he was doing what he did for ESPN's sake, but he knew it was on TV, everyone else was sitting there like duds, and he decided to take it in his own hands to liven up the place.Now it doesn't take a genius to realize that Druff does not have television experience, and maybe his antics came off as awkward and even annoying to some. That is fine, and you are entitled to your opinions. I didn't find him that way at all. In fact, I found his stuff amusing, especially the seat cover tossing. How many of you would have the balls to do stuff like that on national TV? I know I wouldn't. I would probably just stare straight ahead the whole time like E-Fro did.Now regarding the way Druff and his girlfriend looked, not only do I think such talk is inappropriate, especially given that very few of you have pictures posted of yourselves, but I don't even agree with what you said. I am not making the argument that Druff is a GQ model, and I certainly saw the computer software in his past, but other than that he looked pretty normal. In fact if I were to think of my list of unattractive televised poker players, Druff wouldn't even be one of them. As far as his girlfriend goes, she may not be 110 pounds, but she looked fine to me. In fact I commented to my buddy watching about a certain feature of hers that we all noticed, and my comments were far from negative! Why are you guys even bringing this crap up anyway? You know Druff is an online player and forum poster, and he is likely to see this. His girlfriend will probably see it too. Would everyone here like to post pictures of themselves and their girlfriend and let the rest of us unleash our meanest comments? Doubt it.Though most of these posts were about Druff's actions, looks, and his girlfriend, a few of you said some negative things about his play. That is probably where I am most confused. Druff was shown in the highest number of hands in the broadcast (I think) and IMO he played all but one perfectly. The only exception was that AQ suited hand where he called with overcards and a backdoor flush draw, but even that play could be argued for given the size of the pot and the fact that the original raiser preflop was all in. The dumb commentators said that his QJ gutshot call against Peter Costa's AA was loose. They obviously don't understand limit poker and implied odds, especially in an early final table tournament setting. If you guys want to criticize play, there were plenty of really bad plays made during the broadcast, but not by Druff. I won't name names because I still respect each and every one of those players for getting that far, and I can imagine the pressure of performing there with all the cameras and the audience, not to mention the money and bracelet. But really, I thought Druff did a great job in the hands I saw him in overall. So anyway Druff, if you read this, which I'm sure you will soon, please don't let this drivel get you down. I respected your play, I respected the guts it took to try and entertain us, and I think that most of the people here criticizing you are likely sad sacks who all of us would laugh at if we knew their life story.I forget who but some guy had like 8000 posts or something here and he was going on about Druff being a nerd, etc. Think about that and suddenly this whole thing becomes sick and funny at the same time.Who am I? I am nobody. Never been at a final table. Played a few events at the WSOP and picked up a minor cash. I play mainly limit when I do the cash game thing, and usually play 20-40 or 30-60. I am up lifetime in poker but I'm not exactly ready to retire. I am more of a reader and not a talker even though you wouldn't guess it from this post, lol. Usually I enjoy these forums both here and neverwin's site, but this time it got out of hand and I had to say something.Now go ahead and flame me.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This sagacious observation needs more attention.

blah blah blah.Now for my serious response. THIS IS THE INTERNET. Morons are free to post whatever pops into their puny little brains. It doesn't make them right. Do you think it would be any different for anyone else? No. If you make a final table and look weird, or are fat, someone is going to make fun of you. It has gone on forever and will go on forever. That is what kids do. All of a sudden it's going to change? Do you remember going to school and not picking on someone or getting picked on? Anyone with any sense of maturity will ignore it and move on. But to get worked up and resond with a dissertation is ridiculous. Do you think anyone who was mean is going to read that and feel bad? Don't be ridiculous.As far as your boy, I don't believe he was trying to be entertaining to spice up the live broadcast. I think that is who he is. Just the smug way he tossed in his bets and talked some junk at the table was ridiculous. Then his exit interview was high unintentional comedy, about a 95 on the scale. That and the bullfighter impersonation. Hilarious, in a sad kind of way. Nothing wrong with emotion, but that was over the top. He is not alone in that though.As far as his girlfriend goes, any mean comments about her were uncalled for but, see my first paragraph. I loved her bags. Anyway. I'm bored already.Good Day Sir.

i have not posted in any of these dan druff threads for 2 reasons.1) I dont believe in making fun of people2) I didnt get a chance to watch the episode yet I did however find a website with some interesting background information on Dan. Some stuff there you may not have known before.http://www.randyandspiff.com/Dan%20Druff.htm

i agree that druff looked like a major idiot on tv last night, but it doesnt diminish the fact he is a good player and made a final table at a wsop event...personal shots are uncalled for when it comes to his g/f...he was trying to come off as something he's not.....hip......he was trying to act "nevewin" and it doesnt work on him...not that he needs my advice, but ill give it anyway, stick to the cards and leave the childish antics alone, it makes you look like an azz...

hey dna, go fuck yourself. Haha. Jk, you know better.
Nicely done Ron! Congratulations as you have progressed to the next level of forum posting.

I can't believe my first post is on this stupid thread. Anyway, for people who are bashing him, realize that you are only making him right. The last thing he said before he left the table was "I can't wait to get home so I can see what everyone is saying about me on the Internet."He's probably just sitting back in a new vibrating chair he bought with the winnings, masturbating, thinking about how many threads are currently discussing his girlfriend's funbags.Hopefully my second post will be on something more useful.

I can't believe my first post is on this stupid thread. Anyway, for people who are bashing him, realize that you are only making him right. The last thing he said before he left the table was "I can't wait to get home so I can see what everyone is saying about me on the Internet."He's probably just sitting back in a new vibrating chair he bought with the winnings, masturbating, thinking about how many threads are currently discussing his girlfriend's funbags.Hopefully my second post will be on something more useful.
Somehow I doubt it. I'm over 1100 and I haven't had one yet

OP, now that you opened an account on here, I hope you start posting more often. We need more intelligent adults around here to counterbalance the insane number of childish juveniles. Hopefully when school starts back up the number of stupid posts will decline.

can i get a link to his girlfriends pics??I dont have satelite right now.help me people
Allow me to paint you a picture honey. This is not a critique, just my observation. (that wasn't for you honey, just the observers. You know the drill)She probably goes about 5'8", my best guess (I'm very good at guessing girls weights, being married for 4 years and all) would be around 175lb, ENORMOUS TITS. I mean huge. Worthwhile. She had black straight hair but it had that just out of the shower look which I'm not a huge fan of. Didn't really notice any makeup. Just a plain face. I'd certainly brew up a batch of stomach pancakes for her. Not as bad as everyone says. Not a model though. Boobs stuck out way farther than any gut. She wasn't slovenly or anything. Just a big girl with huge boobs. Not bad overall.
can i get a link to his girlfriends pics??I dont have satelite right now.help me people
Allow me to paint you a picture honey. This is not a critique, just my observation. (that wasn't for you honey, just the observers. You know the drill)She probably goes about 5'8", my best guess (I'm very good at guessing girls weights, being married for 4 years and all) would be around 175lb, ENORMOUS TITS. I mean huge. Worthwhile. She had black straight hair but it had that just out of the shower look which I'm not a huge fan of. Didn't really notice any makeup. Just a plain face. I'd certainly brew up a batch of stomach pancakes for her. Not as bad as everyone says. Not a model though. Boobs stuck out way farther than any gut. She wasn't slovenly or anything. Just a big girl with huge boobs. Not bad overall.
175 pds?? i dunno sweet cheeks. that sounds pretty large to me. Now., lets talk breats. Do they appear fun?. or would they wobble to the floor without a industrial bra holding them?P.S. Would the stomach pancakes be more a "hahaha i just gave you stomach pancakes". or like you do with me, when we slip and slide ?
any pics I can beat off too? Of you I mean, bandit.
:shock: . Ugh.. you can sleep on the couch tonightP.S, Bandit. my bed is now free
I didn't mean for you guys to find out this way.
any pics I can beat off too? Of you I mean, bandit.
:shock: . Ugh.. you can sleep on the couch tonightP.S, Bandit. my bed is now free
I didn't mean for you guys to find out this way.
ssshhh.. just go with it :wink:

Druff was a jackass on the broadcast. It's just a fact. Look at some of the original threads on the topic. I tried to defend him, but really there was nothing I could do. He wasn't even a good villain because he was so damn awkward. I'm pretty sure that any one of us would want to show this guy what the five fingers said to the face if we were ever on the same table as him.You know you're in trouble when Norman Chad is actually being funny when ripping on you.