screwed on the river..... again

Ok so here it is. About an hour into a torunament, everyone started with 10k in chips and im down to 7000. Blinds 200/400 so i started playing a little more conservative. Heres how the hand goes down:Player UTG is very loose and raises to 800. Everyone folds to me on the button. I look down at an A9. Now I know the player who raised is very loose so I re raised to 2000. Maybe not the best play, but I did it. Blinds fold back to the player UTG. He thinks for awhile and decides to put me all in. I know he is weak and I immediatly call. I made a great read and he flips Q 10 off. Flop comes A J 3 rainbow. turn comes 4. River is of course a King and the knocks me out with a Q 10 off suit. I think I played it right and just got unlucky. Comments?

I think that was fine. Your raise to 2000 was good (in position, probable best hand, good size), even if it did take a decent amount of your stack. You were pretty sure you had the best hand, so putting a good amount of your stack into the pot wasn't bad at all.Good hand.

Ok so here it is.  About an hour into a torunament, everyone started with 10k in chips and im down to 7000. Blinds 200/400 so i started playing a little more conservative.  Heres how the hand goes down:Player UTG is very loose and raises to 800.  Everyone folds to me on the button.  I look down at an A9.  Now I know the player who raised is very loose so I re raised to 2000.  Maybe not the best play, but I did it.  Blinds fold back to the player UTG.  He thinks for awhile and decides to put me all in.  I know he is weak and I immediatly call.  I made a great read and he flips Q 10 off.  Flop comes A J 3 rainbow.  turn comes 4.  River is of course a King and the knocks me out with a Q 10 off suit.  I think I played it right and just got unlucky. Comments?
Yeah, it happens. In fact, funny enough, I had virtually the same thing happen to me the other night when I was short-stacked in the final four of a sit-n-go... guy raised, I read him as week and pushed all in w/AQ suited he called w/QJ... flop came A-Q-10 giving me 2 pair... the turn (of course) came K knocking me out with his straight. I thought you played it fine... truth of the matter is it happens. P2p.s. the only thing I would question is your comment that with 7000 chips and blinds at 200/400 you "started playing a little more conservative..." This is the point that many pros (Dan Harrington most prominently) would argue you need to start getting a little more AGGRESSIVE with certain hands. Ironically, I think you did (despite what you said) with A9 correctly.