senators trade hossa

Heatley didn't let anyone down. You guys are stupid fucks if you think that. Its not like he went and demanded a trade and said he was going to sit out if he didn't get one. He asked if a trade could be made because it was too painful for him to drive by the scene of the accident every day and live in that environment. He never made his demands public, he just wanted a change of scenery. Also, Atlanta got a very good deal, they need defence and thats what they got as well as retaining a high scoring forward. So stop crying people.
Allright, but we also supported him when he was going through the roughest time in his life, I think that's what you're not getting. He got standing ovations almost every time he came back on the ice after his incident. We welcomed him back to the team and to the city and for him to ask to be traded is horrible. Yeah, I understand it's horrible what he has to go through, but after what the city did for him, he should be grateful. Hell, he should be in jail for the rest of his life or even dead.
Heatley didn't let anyone down. You guys are stupid fucks if you think that. Its not like he went and demanded a trade and said he was going to sit out if he didn't get one. He asked if a trade could be made because it was too painful for him to drive by the scene of the accident every day and live in that environment. He never made his demands public, he just wanted a change of scenery. Also, Atlanta got a very good deal, they need defence and thats what they got as well as retaining a high scoring forward. So stop crying people.
Allright, but we also supported him when he was going through the roughest time in his life, I think that's what you're not getting. He got standing ovations almost every time he came back on the ice after his incident. We welcomed him back to the team and to the city and for him to ask to be traded is horrible. Yeah, I understand it's horrible what he has to go through, but after what the city did for him, he should be grateful. Hell, he should be in jail for the rest of his life or even dead.
Who says he isn't grateful? I'm sure he appreciates the fans for their support but his decision to leave was not because of the fans or because Atlanta is not a Cup contender. It was for personal reasons which the people of Atlanta should respect. How is it horrible to ask for a trade? He stuck with it for over 2 years but the guilt and pain was too much for him.

I doubt most Atlanta hockey fans would want Heatley playing hockey for their team all the while preoccupied with thoughts of...you know! Sure Atlanta fans welcomed him back and I'm sure he was very grateful, but all the cheering and standing ovations can't erase his memory. It's not like he asked for a trade because he didn't like the city or the fans or the team. He wants to try to make a new start and I'm sure the decision was very difficult for him. I think the Atlanta franchise has shown great class in granting his wish. Plus they did get a couple of quality players in the deal.It will be a different story in a few years when Kovalchuk either holds out or demands to be traded over contract issues. :wink: