senators trade hossa

Wow. That's schocking.Hossa has struggled in the playoffs, and Heatley has bad memories in Atlanta, but wow.
I heard the defensemen will be Phillips, if that's true, the Thrashers made out like bandits.

Not a great move for Ottawa. Heatley is younger and less expensive and could be a better player though. Ottawa has room on defense to move a guy like Phillips but I don't see how they couldn't pick up something more from Atlanata like a draft pick or prospect.

is injuries. in addition to the car crash, he got hurt in europe last year as well. over time i just don't think he can be as productive.hossa + a defenseman is a great score for nashville.

The defenseman is DeVries. Stupid, STUPID trade for the Sens. Heatley hasn't been good since the 04 World Championships, and Hossa is a premiere goal scorer. Big gamble for a team that worked so hard to get in such prime position for a run.

Heatley hasn't been good since the 04 World Championships, and Hossa is a premiere goal scorer.
So what you are saying is he hasn't been good in..... 0 nhl seasons? Or that he had 1 bad World Championship?Your point is valid that they picked an odd time to trade Hossa for a younger player. I can only geuss that they wanted to free money to keep Redden.
Heatley hasn't been good since the 04 World Championships, and Hossa is a premiere goal scorer.
So what you are saying is he hasn't been good in..... 0 nhl seasons? Or that he had 1 bad World Championship?Your point is valid that they picked an odd time to trade Hossa for a younger player. I can only geuss that they wanted to free money to keep Redden.
When he came back at the end of the season, he was decent. At the World Cup and World Championships this year he was sub-par, and he didn't have a great year in Europe, AFAIK.

The Sens have always lacked a #1 center, and now they have a guy who can do that even though he's played a lot of wing. Still, I think the Thrashers got the better player in the deal. Heatley's been nothing but successful so far, but Hossa's a constant Richard trophy threat. It's going to be anyone's guess as to who's remembered as the better player.The big winner here? Atlanta? Ottawa? I don't know. But a massive winner is Marc Savard. If he can stay healthy, he's got two major scoring threats to dish to. I don't think 60 assists is unrealistic, if he can put an 80 game season together.

Hossa has more goals in the past 4 seasons than anybody else in the NHL. Heatley is still unproven after his injuries, in my opinion. disregarding cap space, its a terrible deal for the Senators, which is good news for me, since I hate the Senators with a burning passion.

I think the reason that the Thrashers got the better deal is because of DeVries. I think Hossa vs Heatley is pretty much a wash, but throw in a solid defenseman and that is a great deal. Of course, yesterday we also lost Pasi Numinen(sp?), which is a back breaker. Thrashers will again miss the playoffs because they don't have a goalie. Oh Well.

This is one of these deals where everyone should be happy. Ottawa gave up a quality player in Hossa, but in the process, they were able to get rid of deVries' contract (and Hossa'a new one) enabling them to possibly take a stab at keeping Redden and Chara. If they keep Hossa and deVries, they would have definitely lost one of Chara or Redden and that would have been baaaad! Plus they get Heatley who is not the player Hossa is at the moment, but is very close and has the potential to be better than Hossa.In essence, Ottawa took a little step backward, but it will lead to a couple of steps forward. Atlanta took a couple of steps ahead.The bottom line:Heatley doesn't have to drive by the place where his best friend was killed.

Heatley doesn't have to drive by the place where his best friend was killed.
Well, I hope you know that Atlanta is pissed at him for wanting to leave though. After what happened, this city rallied around him. We made him feel as if we were behind him no matter what. Mostly because we were considering what happened. Now I can't begin to understand what he is going through, but when he first came back this town was behind him the whole time, I was at the game when he returned and I have never heard the place that loud. This town feels betrayed by him choosing to leave after the support that we gave him after the incident (the word accident will never be used by me because it's not an accident when you're going 85 in a 45 mph zone).
Cunt-ass, Ferrari crashing, Gap-toothed, Boring-assed, Friend murdering, Canadian censored!!!  I hate him. I'm burning my Heatley jersey.
You guys did get Hossa. Over the last 4 seasons, no one has more goals than him. Instead of burning the Jersey, keep the H and make it a Hossa jersey.
Cunt-ass, Ferrari crashing, Gap-toothed, Boring-assed, Friend murdering, Canadian censored!!!  I hate him. I'm burning my Heatley jersey.
You guys did get Hossa. Over the last 4 seasons, no one has more goals than him. Instead of burning the Jersey, keep the H and make it a Hossa jersey.
I like Hossa. I think it was a pretty fair trade too. I just can't stand betrayal.Heatley will pay. PAY!

Heatley's situation is so unique that I can't judge him for wanting out. I can't imagine the guilt the guy's going through, because whether or not we want to sugar coat it for the sake of his feelings, Dan Snyder died because of Dany Heatley's recklessness. And no matter how much his friends, family, the media, and even Snyder's family try to help ease that guilt, deep down Heatley knows that's the truth. I'm not saying that makes him a bad person, don't get me wrong. I just think he's a person who was unlucky enough to make a common mistake that kids make and is going to have to pay for it psychologically for the rest of his life. So I can't blame him for wanting out, because I can't imagine what it's like to be him right now.

Well, I hope you know that Atlanta is censored at him for wanting to leave though.
I dunno about that, I'm going to bet that most of Atlanta doesn't have even a vague idea where the hockey rink is. But I hear at least two of their three die-hard fans are upset.
Well, I hope you know that Atlanta is censored at him for wanting to leave though.
I dunno about that, I'm going to bet that most of Atlanta doesn't have even a vague idea where the hockey rink is. But I hear at least two of their three die-hard fans are upset.
We were starting to warm up to the team as a city. Kovlachuk and Heatley were going to be the foundation of Hockey actually growing in this city. They were drawing about 10-20k a night for a while there. I'm just in the same boat as Dutch, Heatley let the city down.

Heatley didn't let anyone down. You guys are stupid fucks if you think that. Its not like he went and demanded a trade and said he was going to sit out if he didn't get one. He asked if a trade could be made because it was too painful for him to drive by the scene of the accident every day and live in that environment. He never made his demands public, he just wanted a change of scenery. Also, Atlanta got a very good deal, they need defence and thats what they got as well as retaining a high scoring forward. So stop crying people.

Heatley didn't let anyone down. Stupid fucks stop crying.
Atlanta got a phenomenal deal getting two great players for one great player (who's had exactly one great season, one average season, and one injury plagued season). If Heatley really only needed a fresh start to revert to form, Ottawa got a great situation as well. I would have to agree with a more pleasant version of Stupid Fu[/size]cks stop crying though, one player a team does not make.