Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (9 max, 6 handed) converterPreflop: econ_tim is BB with 9:spade:, K:heart:. 1 fold, SB completes, econ_tim checks.Flop: (3 SB) 4:spade:, K:spade:, 2:heart: (3 players)SB checks, econ_tim bets, MP calls, SB folds.Turn: (2.50 BB) 4:club: (2 players)econ_tim bets, MP calls.River: (4.50 BB) 9:diamond: (2 players)econ_tim bets . . . Villain is loose aggressive preflop, but somewhat passive postflop. Still, I don't know why he's raising the river unless he was slow playing trips on the turn.

Still, I don't know why he's raising the river unless he was slow playing trips on the turn.So why 3 bet it with 2 pair? Just call the river raise, your hand improved but not by that much.

So why 3 bet it with 2 pair? Just call the river raise, your hand improved but not by that much.
I just think his raise is suspicious. Of course it would make sense if he had 4-x or 99, but I think he is silly enough to raise something else.

I think 3-betting the river is the right play. You are only beat by a 4, which he may have, but I think he could make this play with any K, so I think there is value in raising the river.