mighty ducks to change names?

I'd be open to them dropping the "Mighty" part and just being the Anaheim Ducks. I wouldn't care one way or the other if they remained the Mighty Ducks, but I doubt they will since it reminds people so much of Disney. I've been trying to think of a name suitable for a "total" name change, but the fact is I think they should just stick with the Mighty Ducks. People don't like change anyway :club:

Ok, forum challenge: Who was the last NHL team to change their name without changing cities at the same time?
Is it the Black Hawks changing to Blackhawks?
Ok, forum challenge: Who was the last NHL team to change their name without changing cities at the same time?
Is it the Black Hawks changing to Blackhawks?
Nope, talking about a total name change (Like the Nordiques to the Avalanche, only without changing cities). I'm not sure I'm right, but I haven't found any evidence that I'm wrong...
LinkIn case anybody gets frustrated, I have to take off pretty soon. The team above is the last one I can find that changed their name without changing cities. Don't click it if you want to figure it out for yourself!

If I'm not mistaken, didn't the Minnesota North Stars change their name to the Minnesota Stars in their last year before moving? I definitely remember the Jersey Change was in Minnesota, then they used the same jersey when they moved to Dallas.Failing that, the best I can do is the Toronto St. Pats / Toronto Maple Leafs or the Montreal Maroons / Montreal Canadiens (all 4 of which won Cups).Nothing like in the NBA, with the Washington Bullets / Wizards...Or some teams that definitely need name changes (there's no Jazz in Utah, and very few Lakes in Los Angeles)briguy