new logo makes site look amateurish.....

These thread have got to stop.People need to shut up about the design. It looks good on the site, and dserved a win.I think it appeals to young and old. so its got my vote
Ok - truce.....I agree to stop about the logo, won't likely buy any shirts though, but we'll see what else may come.....Although Royal you do have a vested interest in the logo stuff considering what you got from the contest win or lose.......
Not sure why Royal, or any of the finalists would have a vested interest in this logo... it's just one person's opinion vs. another. Do I like the new logo? Yeah, it's alright, def not my fav out of the bunch, but I think it works well and it has grown on me over time. Like all designs, some people will like it, others will not. That's life. :wink:
Ya. i dont quite understand why I would have a vested interest either. I didnt win. And i'm not bitter about it.I think the finalist logo's were all awesome, and I was a big fan Of Governator's.
Your vested interest is that thru the contest you received a prize out of it so would be a little biased in your opinion of the logo itself.
I don't think people are complaining so much about the actual logo as they are about the rediculous shipping prices to Canada. I think I read it was like $16 to ship a $14 shirt to canada. Thats $30 for a tee-shirt. I wouldn't pay it either... wether or not I liked the logo.I agree that it was a mis-step to use a distributor that is pretty much censored on 3/4 of DN's fan base and if I was a member of the Biz Team, I would have done things diferently of course, but I'm not and hopefully someone can bring it to his attention and they can find a new distributor that isn't so hard up about shipping to other countries.
I agree with you about the distribution problem. They should have put more thought into that. I'm just tired of people bashing the logo.
Logo bashing over.......Business team bashing is just starting....I hope Daniel has something to fall back on like Online Poker or something when all these business ventures don't turn out.......
These thread have got to stop.People need to shut up about the design. It looks good on the site, and dserved a win.I think it appeals to young and old. so its got my vote
Ok - truce.....I agree to stop about the logo, won't likely buy any shirts though, but we'll see what else may come.....Although Royal you do have a vested interest in the logo stuff considering what you got from the contest win or lose.......
Not sure why Royal, or any of the finalists would have a vested interest in this logo... it's just one person's opinion vs. another. Do I like the new logo? Yeah, it's alright, def not my fav out of the bunch, but I think it works well and it has grown on me over time. Like all designs, some people will like it, others will not. That's life. :wink:
Ya. i dont quite understand why I would have a vested interest either. I didnt win. And i'm not bitter about it.I think the finalist logo's were all awesome, and I was a big fan Of Governator's.
Your vested interest is that thru the contest you received a prize out of it so would be a little biased in your opinion of the logo itself.
Why would it make me biased, since my logo, or another logo that I thought was actually better didn't win? I don't really understand your reasoning. Are you suggesting that the finalists are sucking up to the FCP team b/c we won a trip to Vegas? Just b/c we won something doesn't mean that we're biased. Now if I was on the FCP business team, then I'd be biased! :club:
Why would it make me biased, since my logo, or another logo that I thought was actually better didn't win? I don't really understand your reasoning. Are you suggesting that the finalists are sucking up to the FCP team b/c we won a trip to Vegas? Just b/c we won something doesn't mean that we're biased. Now if I was on the FCP business team, then I'd be biased! :club:
Not that there is anything wrong with it, and I would probably be that way too, but with winning a trip to Vegas I am sure you guys find it hard to say anything negative about the logo contest including the winning submission.

Funny, cuz Royal and I both said that we thought other logos were better. I see your point, but this is pointless. Bottom line: If you don't like it, don't buy it. Right?

I i'm myself a website owner and we had the same problem about a year ago. We had decide to change our logo to include ".com" in it but we clearly made a bad decision. It was designed by a so so designer and we deside to use it because we didnt had anything better. The new logo was just bad... So we change it again and this time it was designed professionaly. Now its great and we don't get email saying our logo suck.Seam like the same thing is going on here. I also don't like the logo here but I guess its all personal. I believe many differents opinions are require to make a good decision, maybe not enough people gave their opinions here.The contest to get the logo was a great idea but its probably not the best way to get a good logo.And sorry for my bad english, no need to let me know.

Well DUH. That's because it is. Madison avenue was not consulted, we were. And an amateur won.It looks cool enough. I liked Royals best, and there were many very good entries. But who really gives a sh*t? The new logo is fine and still looks better than that stuffy English Lion that no one quite understood.I thought it was embarrassing the way Chadwick tried to exploit his 15 minutes to hwore his personal business ventures afterward. In a way I can't blame him but this guy has what, 15 posts tops? Not sour grapes, just facts. I like his logo. Was it the best???? all a matter of opinion.Best...

It's good, but I thought DCSports had the best one. :-)
HEY! I've got an idea!I should start making shirts with MY logo on em', and start shipping them for CHEAP to canada! I can steal all of Negreanu's business!!! Muhahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahaha!1111And then I'd go to jail for copyright infringement... oh snap... wait... I wouldn't ... because my logo just says FCP! Muhahaha... Mr. Negreanu... I have officially stolen your thunder!!!!!:club:
Let us know when they are available.I still think they should have used a few of the logos for apparel.
I i'm myself a website owner and we had the same problem about a year ago. We had decide to change our logo to include ".com" in it but we clearly made a bad decision. It was designed by a so so designer and we deside to use it because we didnt had anything better. The new logo was just bad... So we change it again and this time it was designed professionaly. Now its great and we don't get email saying our logo suck.Seam like the same thing is going on here. I also don't like the logo here but I guess its all personal. I believe many differents opinions are require to make a good decision, maybe not enough people gave their opinions here.The contest to get the logo was a great idea but its probably not the best way to get a good logo.And sorry for my bad english, no need to let me know.
Yes, that is part of it. It was a choice by Daniel and his business team without soliciting FCP members feedback. They don't have to, and they are not obligated to, but let's see.......who is our market, who is the people buying T-shirts, who are the people that may use our poker site should we start our own, do you think maybe we should put some of the logos on display, ask their opinion and then make a choice???? Might still have been the same choice but another great business (sorry "business") team decision.

this is a one time only offer, you can purchase my specially designed fcp shirt for $9.99 plus $3.49 S&H. All proceeds goto dna's bankroll and legal fund to defend a DN copyright suit. fcpshirt.JPG

this is a one time only offer, you can purchase my specially designed fcp shirt for $9.99 plus $3.49 S&H. All proceeds goto dna's bankroll and legal fund to defend a DN copyright suit. fcpshirt.JPG
:cry: what a crappy T-shirt.You ruined my day
Beautiful! I would have picked this, as it sums up the attitudes and atmosphere of this place in a nutshell!
Beautiful! I would have picked this, as it sums up the attitudes and atmosphere of this place in a nutshell!
at least someone here recognizes art when they see it, thanks agsa
Guest Chris_Biz Team

We want to address a few of the topics that surfaced in this thread.RE: The Logo Contest and LogoWe will be the first ones to admit that we made some mistakes while executing this logo contest (as is usually the case when you attempt something for the first time). Recognizing that we had to make up some ground with the FCP community, we did bump up the grand prize value by $10k and opened this prize package up to 6 people vs. one person as originally planned. We will take these new found learnings and use them to make the next contests and promos even better. And as far as the winning logo is concerned, many of you have said it best, it really is an individual opinion thing. We wish everyone liked the logo as much as us, but unfortunately that's not the case.RE: The WebsiteBehind the scenes, I can tell you that we are working on a new web design for fcp...one that I promise won't look "amateurish". Many of the popular components of the existing site will stay the same, but we will also be adding some cool new features. (knock on wood) our plan to have this new web design completed in roughly 8 weeks. In the meantime, we would really appreciate a little slack regarding how the site looks and operates, as we are simply adding bandaids and experimenting during this 8 week period leading up the site re-launch.RE: The Canadian Shipping chargesPlease don't blame Daniel for this one. This one falls squarely on the shoulders of the FCP Biz Team, and we are looking into alternative shipping methods to get this shipping cost down. You're right, to pay more in shipping than the item itself is always going to garner complaints. This is a tough situation, but we will do whatever we can to make it better. We will make an announcement once we know have a solution.RE: New and Exciting Things coming to FCPYes, they really are coming. They just happen to be taking longer to develop and must remain confidential for at least another month. At the same time we re-launch FCP, you will also see the added fun in the works. I cannot emphasize enough that we are in transition mode and that all of our attention is on the new site development, so the current site (over the next 8 weeks) may not get its fair share of attention.We appreaciate your patience along the way.

Thanks for the explanation. I hope it answers some questions. I really dont have a problem with the logo, I kinda like it, but I guess I am in the minority. I realize the process of developing a website takes time, and I am looking forward to the new FCP. Thanks Biz Team for sharing your thoughts and answering some questions, not many sites really care what there members say or think.God Bless

We want to address a few of the topics that surfaced in this thread.RE: The Logo Contest and LogoWe will be the first ones to admit that we made some mistakes while executing this logo contest (as is usually the case when you attempt something for the first time).  Recognizing that we had to make up some ground with the FCP community, we did bump up the grand prize value by $10k and opened this prize package up to 6 people vs. one person as originally planned.  We will take these new found learnings and use them to make the next contests and promos even better.  And as far as the winning logo is concerned, many of you have said it best, it really is an individual opinion thing.  We wish everyone liked the logo as much as us, but unfortunately that's not the case.RE: The WebsiteBehind the scenes, I can tell you that we are working on a new web design for fcp...one that I promise won't look "amateurish".  Many of the popular components of the existing site will stay the same, but we will also be adding some cool new features.  (knock on wood) our plan to have this new web design completed in roughly 8 weeks.  In the meantime, we would really appreciate a little slack regarding how the site looks and operates, as we are simply adding bandaids and experimenting during this 8 week period leading up the site re-launch.RE: The Canadian Shipping chargesPlease don't blame Daniel for this one.  This one falls squarely on the shoulders of the FCP Biz Team, and we are looking into alternative shipping methods to get this shipping cost down.  You're right, to pay more in shipping than the item itself is always going to garner complaints.  This is a tough situation, but we will do whatever we can to make it better.  We will make an announcement once we know have a solution.RE: New and Exciting Things coming to FCPYes, they really are coming.  They just happen to be taking longer to develop and must remain confidential for at least another month.  At the same time we re-launch FCP, you will also see the added fun in the works.  I cannot emphasize enough that we are in transition mode and that all of our attention is on the new site development, so the current site (over the next 8 weeks) may not get its fair share of attention.We appreaciate your patience along the way.
Well, for being one of the most critical of a few of the decisions, I do have to say kudos to you guys for addressing the issues "heads-up" as they say. I will reserve my opinion for at least a few months anyway and look forward to the new and hopefully improved Full Contact Poker!