new logo makes site look amateurish.....

Yet another logo topic, but seeing the logo on the site provides further evidence that it should not have won. Maybe part of it has to do with the background color contrast but everytime I see the logo, I think the site is designed by some 12 year old kid who is a fan of Daniel or something.....

Well...that's becasue the logo is bad...it just is.But hey...it won....I think it would still look good on a black hat though...
Yes, it won but the selection was by Daniel and his "business" team.The same business team that decided to sell their T-shirts to partof Daniel's major fanbase (Canada) by limiting their methods of payment and charging a crazy amount for shipping.Now it is ultimately Daniel's choice what he wants representing his site and he obviously does like it since he wore the logo'd shirts at least at the weekend winner's party, but that doesn't mean we can't tell him we think he made the wrong choice.Also, does anyone remember Daniel saying that something big was coming for FCP and it would happen soon??? What happened to that???!
These thread have got to stop.People need to shut up about the design. It looks good on the site, and dserved a win.I think it appeals to young and old. so its got my vote
Ok - truce.....I agree to stop about the logo, won't likely buy any shirts though, but we'll see what else may come.....Although Royal you do have a vested interest in the logo stuff considering what you got from the contest win or lose.......
It's good, but I thought DCSports had the best one. :-)
HEY! I've got an idea!I should start making shirts with MY logo on em', and start shipping them for CHEAP to canada! I can steal all of Negreanu's business!!! Muhahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahaha!1111And then I'd go to jail for copyright infringement... oh snap... wait... I wouldn't ... because my logo just says FCP! Muhahaha... Mr. Negreanu... I have officially stolen your thunder!!!!!:club:
There is nothing wrong with the logo. People just need to get over it. With all this censored and complaining I wouldn't be surprised if this is the last contest Dn hosts for a long time.
I don't think people are complaining so much about the actual logo as they are about the rediculous shipping prices to Canada. I think I read it was like $16 to ship a $14 shirt to canada. Thats $30 for a tee-shirt. I wouldn't pay it either... wether or not I liked the logo.I agree that it was a mis-step to use a distributor that is pretty much shitting on 3/4 of DN's fan base and if I was a member of the Biz Team, I would have done things diferently of course, but I'm not and hopefully someone can bring it to his attention and they can find a new distributor that isn't so hard up about shipping to other countries.
I don't think people are complaining so much about the actual logo as they are about the rediculous shipping prices to Canada. I think I read it was like $16 to ship a $14 shirt to canada. Thats $30 for a tee-shirt. I wouldn't pay it either... wether or not I liked the logo.I agree that it was a mis-step to use a distributor that is pretty much censored on 3/4 of DN's fan base and if I was a member of the Biz Team, I would have done things diferently of course, but I'm not and hopefully someone can bring it to his attention and they can find a new distributor that isn't so hard up about shipping to other countries.
I agree with you about the distribution problem. They should have put more thought into that. I'm just tired of people bashing the logo.

If you don't like the logo, you should propose some kind of contest where FCPers can design their own. The winner can get a good prize of some kind, like meeting DN in Vegas or something.

These thread have got to stop.People need to shut up about the design. It looks good on the site, and dserved a win.I think it appeals to young and old. so its got my vote
Yeah, morons. Stop disagreeing with Royal Tour. I mean it!
Ok - truce.....I agree to stop about the logo, won't likely buy any shirts though, but we'll see what else may come.....Although Royal you do have a vested interest in the logo stuff considering what you got from the contest win or lose.......
Not sure why Royal, or any of the finalists would have a vested interest in this logo... it's just one person's opinion vs. another. Do I like the new logo? Yeah, it's alright, def not my fav out of the bunch, but I think it works well and it has grown on me over time. Like all designs, some people will like it, others will not. That's life. :wink:
It's good, but I thought DCSports had the best one. :-)
HEY! I've got an idea!I should start making shirts with MY logo on em', and start shipping them for CHEAP to canada! I can steal all of Negreanu's business!!! Muhahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahaha!1111And then I'd go to jail for copyright infringement... oh snap... wait... I wouldn't ... because my logo just says FCP! Muhahaha... Mr. Negreanu... I have officially stolen your thunder!!!!!:club:
yaaa. seeing how your design is now property of FCP. your idea still wont work
Yeah, morons. Stop disagreeing with Royal Tour. I mean it!
not sure how to take this.is this supposed to be a crack at me?
Not sure why Royal, or any of the finalists would have a vested interest in this logo... it's just one person's opinion vs. another. Do I like the new logo? Yeah, it's alright, def not my fav out of the bunch, but I think it works well and it has grown on me over time. Like all designs, some people will like it, others will not. That's life. :wink:
Ya. i dont quite understand why I would have a vested interest either. I didnt win. And i'm not bitter about it.I think the finalist logo's were all awesome, and I was a big fan Of Governator's.
yaaa. seeing how your design is now property of FCP. your idea still wont workWait, sorry... i forgot to add the always-needed (sw) :club:
I know i know.just making sure that a "buy my FCP shirts for 1/2 price" thread doesnt pop up. haha.But i know your smarter than that DC. After all, you made coin with me at those cash games 8)
yaaa. seeing how your design is now property of FCP. your idea still wont workWait, sorry... i forgot to add the always-needed (sw) :club:
I know i know.just making sure that a "buy my FCP shirts for 1/2 price" thread doesnt pop up. haha.But i know your smarter than that DC. After all, you made coin with me at those cash games 8)
mmmmmmmmm juicy no limit...... mmmmmmmmmmmmmIm still pissed that guy laid down a lower flush... I mean... who... at 1/3 NL folds a FLUSH? :D
Who cares about the shipping prices to Canada, I mean come on, it's only Canada, not even an improtant country or anything.
Its true., the shipping costs are so high due to packaging, once the goods come across the boarder they have to be wrapped in a thermo packaging material since the temp drops by a million degrees up here.
mmmmmmmmm juicy no limit...... mmmmmmmmmmmmmIm still censored that guy laid down a lower flush... I mean... who... at 1/3 NL folds a FLUSH? :D
I talked to him after the game, saw him out on the floor, and he was saying that he recently moved to vegas. And was sorta building his BR up, he was a decent player.

I love buying shirts & misc. with logo's for all kinds of products. I am also a big DN fan.However, I will never buy anything with the logo that was picked......sorry(SUCKS)