summerslam anyone?

Lol, yeah, Shawn put on a ton of great matches.One I just remembered...HBK vs Undertaker in the Casket match. The one where Michaels was standing over UT in the casket and UT grabbed his nuts.
Last night was definately not one of his great matches. I'm just pissed that they have mentioned Bret Hart about 50 times lately, like he's gonna come back or something. They mentioned him like 5 times last night.
  • Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Lol, yeah, Shawn put on a ton of great matches.One I just remembered...HBK vs Undertaker in the Casket match. The one where Michaels was standing over UT in the casket and UT grabbed his nuts.
Last night was definately not one of his great matches. I'm just censored that they have mentioned Bret Hart about 50 times lately, like he's gonna come back or something. They mentioned him like 5 times last night.
For him personally, that was one of HBK's best matches. As a whole, though, he had to carry Hogan through the entire match, so of course it wasn't one of the greats.
Last night was definately not one of his great matches. I'm just censored that they have mentioned Bret Hart about 50 times lately, like he's gonna come back or something. They mentioned him like 5 times last night.
For him personally, that was one of HBK's best matches. As a whole, though, he had to carry Hogan through the entire match, so of course it wasn't one of the greats.
I didn't think of it that way, good point. I think Hogan kinda flubbed his cut though. And what the hell happened to Matt Hardy? Do you think the match was supposed to end like that?
Lol, yeah, Shawn put on a ton of great matches.One I just remembered...HBK vs Undertaker in the Casket match.  The one where Michaels was standing over UT in the casket and UT grabbed his nuts.
I didn't think of it that way, good point. I think Hogan kinda flubbed his cut though. And what the hell happened to Matt Hardy? Do you think the match was supposed to end like that?
Yeah, it was. I think one of two things will happen now. Either WWE will try to carry on the rivalry and end up killing it. Or they'll end the rivalry and bury Matt Hardy in mid card matches.
Lol, yeah, Shawn put on a ton of great matches.One I just remembered...HBK vs Undertaker in the Casket match.  The one where Michaels was standing over UT in the casket and UT grabbed his nuts.
From what i gather, they were supposed to "work stiff" that match. i am guessing he took a boot or knee to the head and had no idea where he was. They didn't stop it because of the blood. Hogan had more blood than Matt Hardy. Just guessing he had no idea where he was from a straight shot. ???
best match in the last 15 yearsTommy Dreamer and Raventhe chairshot heard around the worldnuff saidput ECW on the map
obviously you haven't ever heard of AJPW, NJPW, or NOAH
Call me crazy, but the best wrestling IMO was done in the 80's and then into the early 90's
You aren't crazy. The days when a match between two pure wrestlers like Flair/Steamboat getting a standing ovation after a 45 minute classic (WrestleWar 89, I think) are the best days wrestling has seen.
Allright, I give you that those two had some great matches, but what about Bret Hart and Shawn Michaels, Undertaker and Mick Foley. The 60 minute matches with Michaels were some of the greatest and the Foley Undertaker match was probably the best I have ever seen. I mean seriously. Foley off the top of the Cell, then through the cell into the mat, then choke slammed on thumbtacks.Foley was part of some of the greatest matches in history.Oh, if you're talking older times, you have to talk about Sting and Flair. They had one of the best rivalries of all time.
Agreed. Flair is one of the best of all time and Sting was my favorite wrestler ever (and a pretty talented guy himself). Any program Flair worked in that time period was a classic. Sting, Vader, Steamboat, Hogan, Funk, Piper, Savage... All classics.From the mid-90's up, though, it was all about Bret Hart for me. Anyone else think that Owen was actually a little bit better than Bret, though?
NoJustNO!That match is so overrated.  Yeah, there were a few big bumps, but that match has nothing on the all-time greats.  I know it's been said before, but Michaels vs Hart (Iron man match) and Michaels vs Undertaker (Hell in a Cell) are two of the best matches put on by the WWF/E.  There are others too, but I can't remember them right now.
There's the period where Vince didn't realize what was going on and actually put on great matches between Agnle, Benoit, Jericho, Eddy, and a few others. Benoit/Angle from the '03 Rumble is still one of the best matches WWE has put on this decade.
From the mid-90's up, though, it was all about Bret Hart for me. Anyone else think that Owen was actually a little bit better than Bret, though?
I think that Owen had more charisma and didn't seem as stiff as bret would sometimes seem in teh ring, owen really flowed when he was working. I don't know what the deal was that TheKliq and Vince had with Owen, if he had been given the title in 95 him and Bret would've had a classic fued over and enitre year. I just watch the 94 WM match between the two and I just shake my head at what could've beeni have the OTE from KC in 99 in my collection. I have only ever wacthed it once, and wasn't able to make it the whole way through, it was just way too hard
From the mid-90's up, though, it was all about Bret Hart for me. Anyone else think that Owen was actually a little bit better than Bret, though?
I think that Owen had more charisma and didn't seem as stiff as bret would sometimes seem in teh ring, owen really flowed when he was working. I don't know what the deal was that TheKliq and Vince had with Owen, if he had been given the title in 95 him and Bret would've had a classic fued over and enitre year. I just watch the 94 WM match between the two and I just shake my head at what could've beeni have the OTE from KC in 99 in my collection. I have only ever wacthed it once, and wasn't able to make it the whole way through, it was just way too hard
WM X was awesome. Bret/Owen rocked the house, and The HBK/Razor ladder match was phenomenal.I remember reading about OTE and being stunned. Owen was finally getting over huge with the Blue Blazer gimmick, and this happened. Tragic waste of talent, and a great person to boot.

Just saw this threadI was a big fan about 5 years ago before my dad "suggested" I stop watching because Raw was keeping my brother up too late for school or something I don't rememberThen I kept not watching it all through college until one of the supervisors at Blockbuster kept talking about it every week. Been watching Raw every week since January again, even though it's kinda mindless entertainment now :PI've never paid money to watch it and don't plan on itFavorite wrestler of all time is Undertaker (yeah I'm young so sue meLately I've become a pretty big Edge fan though this Matt Hardy thing has been going on for TOO DAMN LONG

Sorry Keith, this is from PWInsider...- When asked about the WWE Hall of Fame, Bret (Hart) added that he made a promise to himself that he would never work for the WWF/WWE ever again, so he doesn't feel he will ever be back as an on-air character

Owen and Bret were my favorite wrestlers of all time. Out of the new crop I got to go with Angle. Angle just cracks me up. He is so cheesy and cocky and he puts on a great show in the ring. I also was really starting to like Christian when they started pushing the whole Captain Charisma thing.

Sorry Keith, this is from PWInsider...- When asked about the WWE Hall of Fame, Bret (Hart) added that he made a promise to himself that he would never work for the WWF/WWE ever again, so he doesn't feel he will ever be back as an on-air character
I go by what meltzer usually has to say, all he's said at this point bret is just working on the dvd since he knows that if he didn't work with vince, that vince would most likely bury bret on teh dvd just like vince is doing with Ultimate Warrior, so bret is doing what is best for his career. He might do the HoF in the future, but that is up to vince fully buryying the hatchet(at this point most of the tension has to do with owen's death and not montreal)
Bring back EC f'n W dammit!-CaptDrew
I hadn't watched any until the One Night Stand (plus the Rise and Fall of ECW DVD). If that is any indication, then I agree. TNA, the X-Division is pretty good though.
went to hooters for one night stand. it stormed, and knocked out their satellite signal. so no go with that. i was a little let downbut note i was at hooter, hence why i wasn't completely let down.
I'm cheering for Ultimate Warrior, and Hulk Hogan.
The Ultimate Warrior, while a great wrestler, is insane. Just read the link below and you'll see why.http://hartfordadvocate.com/gbase/News/con...id=oid%3A107862
ummm, in a word, NO, in fact, FUCK NO. Dude, not to be a dick, but if you think that UW is a great wrestler then you obviously don't know anything about wrestling

In my second period of wrestling fandom, I was a Sting mark for a while. He was an interesting case. He couldn't carry a match, but if he was with someone good/great he was good/great. If he was against someone who couldn't work he was... not so much.

In my second period of wrestling fandom, I was a Sting mark for a while. He was an interesting case. He couldn't carry a match, but if he was with someone good/great he was good/great. If he was against someone who couldn't work he was... not so much.
When Sting blew out his patella tendon in the mid 90s, his workrate really slowed down. He almost completely cut out the aerial stuff, but he still had the drive to be a great wrestler.Then, in the late 90s, his marriage broke down. He took 18 months off to sort out his life, which was the catalyst for the Crow storyline. He became born again and dedicated himself to keeping his family together. After that, while still a talented wrestler, he seemed to have lost his drive but not his love for wrestling (and WCW in particular), if that makes any sense. And the company loved him, too. WCW's final match, ever, was Sting/Flair. Not as good as Surfer Sting in the mid 90s, but still good if only for the emotion.