Well, there has been more than enough crap in general this weekend so I figure I might as well start a debate that probably won't end in someone writing a letter to DN to ban someone.Is there anything on TV right now funnier than Arrested Development? I didn't start watching it till mid second season, but I am now caught up on the majority of season 1 and2. Nearly every scene is laugh out loud funny and it is very original, I have never seen anything like it. I couldn't believe Fox was considering cancelling this show, it's a good thing they didn't.OK, discuss...

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No, it's one of the best written shows since Seinfeld.I always keep a running tab of funniest moments of my life, and #4 right now is the first time I saw the episode where Buster as a child throws the Dustbuster at the city bus becase he's mad at the Hispanic maid."...and Buster threw what he thought was her favorite toy at what he thought was her car."Classic.Ice

Besides Family Guy, anyone think another show is funnier?
I find any channel dealing with religion to be extremely hilarious.
I especially like when evangelists quote Mark Twain and say, "Go to Heaven for the weather, hell for the company."
Well, there has been more than enough crap in general this weekend so I figure I might as well start a debate that probably won't end in someone writing a letter to DN to ban someone.Is there anything on TV right now funnier than Arrested Development?  I didn't start watching it till mid second season, but I am now caught up on the majority of season 1 and2.  Nearly every scene is laugh out loud funny and it is very original, I have never seen anything like it.  I couldn't believe Fox was considering cancelling this show, it's a good thing they didn't.OK, discuss...
There's very little to choose from. All of the truly funny shows are leaving us. Fox continues to threaten to cancel AD and NBC is all but finished with Scrubs. I'm holding out hope for My Name is Earl, though. Word is, it tested better than any NBC sitcom in recent memory (including Friends), and it's a chance for the Lee to show the world how truly talented he is.I make it a point to watch Reno 911! and Stella every week.Edit: Teen Titans has some pretty funny moments as well. When I want truly good TV, though, I have to get the DVDs out. I just finished re-watching The Office, and have now moved on to Firefly. Now we need MTV to cut through the red tape and The State on DVD and I can die happy.
There's very little to choose from. All of the truly funny shows are leaving us. Fox continues to threaten to cancel AD and NBC is all but finished with Scrubs. I'm holding out hope for My Name is Earl, though. Word is, it tested better than any NBC sitcom in recent memory (including Friends), and it's a chance for the Lee to show the world how truly talented he is.I make it a point to watch Reno 911! and Stella every week.Edit: Teen Titans has some pretty funny moments as well. When I want truly good TV, though, I have to get the DVDs out. I just finished re-watching The Office, and have now moved on to Firefly. Now we need MTV to cut through the red tape and The State on DVD and I can die happy.
It's true, although I heard that NBC isn't canceling Scrubs, they are planning to bring it back in the spring (hopefully). Before I started watching Arrested Development, Scrubs was by far my favorite show on network TV. I forgot to mention Curb Your Enthusiasm as I think this it is really the only other show to be in the running for "Funniest Thing On Now." I enjoy Stealla and Reno 911, but for some reason I have a problem remembering to watch these shows, I think it has something to do with them being on Comedy Central. If you enjoy Stella then I assume you've seen the movie "Wet Hot American Summer" which is also brilliant and hillarious.p.s. My Name Is Earl could be good, but the previews for it just don't look that interesting or funny.
In my opinion the 2 funniest shows on the air are...Chappelles Show (unfortunately on hiatus)Curb Your Enthusiasm (back on Sept 25)Dave Chappelle & Larry David ...Comic Genius
i feel sorry for you if you think chappelles show is the funniest thing on tv

Family guy, hands down.I use to be a Simpsons fan but they've gone really down hill. (I love old simpsons) but I hardly ever stop laughing when Family Guy is on."The only reason we die is because we accept it is an inevitibilty."-Stewie

ummm, the simpsons anyone?homer: spider poison is people poison?
I don't know about you, but The Simpsons just feels stale to me now. Obviously 5 or 6 years ago it was amazing, but it just doesn't do it for me anymore.
ummm, the simpsons anyone?homer: spider poison is people poison?
I don't know about you, but The Simpsons just feels stale to me now. Obviously 5 or 6 years ago it was amazing, but it just doesn't do it for me anymore.
yea well old simpsons is unbeatable that much is clear