first annual fcp st. louis invitational tournament

I would play, but the drive is too far from Chicago. I'm interested to see how this plays out because I am thinking about putting something like this together in Chi-town.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would play, but the drive is too far from Chicago. I'm interested to see how this plays out because I am thinking about putting something like this together in Chi-town.
Too Far? Psssshhhhtttt.....

hey DC, i can't make it since i'm in school in boston that time, but just a thought--raise the entry fee to $5. it's just $1 more for everybody, but it's, a) worth it for the work you're doing, and B) easier for people to pay the entry fee since it's just a $5 bill (and conversely, easier for you to accept it since you won't have to dish out $1 change everytime someone gives you a $5 bill).it's win/win for everyone. :-) oh, and might i recommend getting the buy-in + entry fee from everyone beforehand via an online site. the reason is that if someone forgets or can't make it, you're going to be blinding his stack down (meaning 10,000 chips in play that are supposed to be his), but the $40+$4 won't be there to back it up. it'll screw things over if you know what i mean.just some thoughts, good luck and have fun, wish i could be there.aseem

hey DC, i can't make it since i'm in school in boston that time, but just a thought--raise the entry fee to $5. it's just $1 more for everybody, but it's, a) worth it for the work you're doing, and B) easier for people to pay the entry fee since it's just a $5 bill (and conversely, easier for you to accept it since you won't have to dish out $1 change everytime someone gives you a $5 bill).it's win/win for everyone. :-) oh, and might i recommend getting the buy-in + entry fee from everyone beforehand via an online site. the reason is that if someone forgets or can't make it, you're going to be blinding his stack down (meaning 10,000 chips in play that are supposed to be his), but the $40+$4 won't be there to back it up. it'll screw things over if you know what i mean.just some thoughts, good luck and have fun, wish i could be there.aseem
Aseem, Raising the entry fee is somI ething i've seriously thought about, just after even ordering the trophies. First place cost me a shy more than $43 shipped, and the seccond is looking like it will be right around $30, and after I get chips, soda etc, im sure im gonna be over the $80 that I would make charging $4 a pop x 20 people... so may consider that. I have thought about asking people to pay in advance, but I am calling everyone a few days before the tournament to confirm that they are coming, and if someone doesn't show and gets blinded off, well.. someone's gonna have a few extra chips. Thanks for the input. Hope you can make the next one :club:
Start at Nashvill, TNEnd at Saint Louis, MO Total Est. Time: 4 hours, 51 minutes Total Est. Distance: 309.29 miles hmmm
do etttttttt :shock:That lies.... 55 coming north from TN is like.... go 100 mph and ur chill :club:
He's coming from Nashville so the quickest way will be on I-24 to I-57 to I-64 coming across the Poplar.To dna4ever:I currently live right along I-57 and about 20 miles north of the I-24 terminus, and you don't want to be speeding overly much on either one. Here's a heads up there is currently construction on I-57 just north of the I-24 terminus and also at the Johnston City Interchange. Also there is construction on I-64 once you enter the metro area that runs from Green Mount Road in Shiloh and ends at I-255 in Caseyville. DO NOT SPEED through any one of those construction areas because the state boys love to sit out there and nail speeders. There is a minimum $375 fine for speeding through construction zones in the state of Illinois.
Yeah definately a speed trap through Belleville and Fairview... and signs everywhere "hit a worker, minimum 14k and 14yrs in jail".. apparently its an epidemic in the area...
It's an epidemic state wide, from Chicago to Cairo. You can't get away from those signs.

bumpity bump bumpity bump bumpity bump bumpity bump bumpity bump bumpity bump bumpity bump bumpity bump bumpity bump bumpity bump bumpity bump bumpity bumpbumpity bump bumpity bump bumpity bump bumpity bump bumpity bump bumpity bump bumpity bump bumpity bump bumpity bump BUMP BUMP!

I'd like to make it up there but I have a prior engagement. Where the hell were you guys when I lived in St. Louis...I couldn't find a person to play poker up there if my life depended on it.