tourney question for smash

PMJackson, you serious about finding good tourney players to back in higher buy-in's??  I consider myself a good tourney player feel free to check out my record on stars, ajp504.
Of course I'm serious; check your PMs.Patrick
  • Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you want we can go back and search posts where you've told someone they couldn't admit being wrong, and in the same breath said you would gladly admit being wrong, if it ever happened.Then go look for a time when that actually happened... I would love to see it.Happens fairly often.Not going to waste time looking for a thread, but they exist.  If you offered me cash, I could probably find ten times I've been wrong about something, realized it, and said "whoops, I was wrong".As to this particular case, I really don't care enough about it to keep arguing.  Since it's clearly essential to your ego not to be wrong here, I'll just say I am to make things easier.I was wrong.Good luck.
I'll give you ten bucks to find ten unedited posts of you "clearly" admitting to being wrong and posting them in this thread.If we get enough people to put up ten bucks we might be able to make it worth your valuable time.Good luck

I'll give you ten bucks to find ten unedited posts of you "clearly" admitting to being wrong and posting them in this thread.If we get enough people to put up ten bucks we might be able to make it worth your valuable time.I'd need at least a grand.There are easily ten times though.Probably a lot more than that.

I'll give you ten bucks to find ten unedited posts of you "clearly" admitting to being wrong and posting them in this thread.If we get enough people to put up ten bucks we might be able to make it worth your valuable time.I'd need at least a grand.There are easily ten times though.Probably a lot more than that.
I think I was absent that day, lol

" Tournements are for suckers" is the dumbest thing that gets said around here. If "suckers" are playing ring games aren't ring games for suckers? When you're winning at ring games it is because there are suckers losing at ring games!Right, but you're missing the point.People who do well in tournaments are suckers, too. People who do well in ring games prey on the occasional suckers who stop buy.See the diffrence, or should I try and arange for a GI Joe "Knowing is hald the battle" PSA to made about it?

" Tournements are for suckers" is the dumbest thing that gets said around here. If "suckers" are playing ring games aren't ring games for suckers? When you're winning at ring games it is because there are suckers losing at ring games!Right, but you're missing the point.People who do well in tournaments are suckers, too.  People who do well in ring games prey on the occasional suckers who stop buy.See the diffrence, or should I try and arange for a GI Joe "Knowing is hald the battle" PSA to made about it?
I'm a tournament player, but if you can get Duke or Snake Eyes to tell me tournaments are for suckers, I'll listen. :-)Patrick

No! People that do well in tourneys are not suckers. Do you see the point? The point is to make money. If someone spends as much time playing tourneys as you do playing ring games, but makes more money at the end of the year they ARE NOT a sucker. Once again, do you see the difference?

Don't you guys get it?? Doyle Brunson, Daniel, Harrington, Chan, Juanda, Ivey, etc etc etc ....those guys are all suckers!! There is only one true non-sucker pure poker player....and he's some unknown guy sitting in his appartment/house in Boston, who somehow finds times to write romance novels inbetween 8 tabling poker 8 hours a day and making thousands of posts to an internet forum. This guy plays thousands of poker hands a day, churns out novels, and still finds time to make hundreds of random insulting posts on an internet forum....all in just 24 hours a day! He never sleeps...knows the secrets to all things.....he never makes mistakes..... is never wrong about anything....and knows more about poker than all those crazy suckers who take tournament poker seriously (ie. those named above). Don't you guys realize how lucky we are that he even graces us with his presence and talks to us??

Don't you guys get it?? Doyle Brunson, Daniel, Harrington, Chan, Juanda, Ivey, etc etc etc ....those guys are all suckers!! There is only one true non-sucker pure poker player....and he's some unknown guy sitting in his appartment/house in Boston, who somehow finds times to write romance novels inbetween 8 tabling poker 8 hours a day and making thousands of posts to an internet forum. This guy plays thousands of poker hands a day, churns out novels, and still finds time to make hundreds of random insulting posts on an internet forum....all in just 24 hours a day! He never sleeps...knows the secrets to all things.....he never makes mistakes..... is never wrong about anything....and knows more about poker than all those crazy suckers who take tournament poker seriously (ie. those named above). Don't you guys realize how lucky we are that he even graces us with his presence and talks to us??
it sounds like you are describing smash.
Hell, I could find ten posts where smash misses a flush draw and later says, "oops, totally missed the flush draw." who wants to give me a grand?

how about we all stop acting like smash is that cool high school senior everyones afraid to talk to but like to bash him when we get the chance?topics like these just go to show how old some of the visitors here are.

Wait... are you being sarcastic? :club:

I find it funny that people who believe tournaments are mostly luck and/or are for suckers are told that the only reason they believe this is because they're bad tournament players.I've been met with such a response numerous times (unjustly). I think these people just don't want to admit to themselves that tournaments ARE a lot of luck.

how about we all stop acting like smash is that cool high school senior everyones afraid to talk to but like to bash him when we get the chance?topics like these just go to show how old some of the visitors here are.
How about we all speak for ourselves there chiefI truly would like to see ten seperate examples of smash admitting to being wrong. I suspect out of the 7,000 plus posts of yours smash, maybe 4 or 5 tops are you admiting to being wrong or at least incorrect.
I find it funny that people who believe tournaments are mostly luck and/or are for suckers are told that the only reason they believe this is because they're bad tournament players.I've been met with such a response numerous times (unjustly). I think these people just don't want to admit to themselves that tournaments ARE a lot of luck.
But just because there is a lot of luck involved in tournaments, does not make people who play in them suckers. If it does, then most every poker player you know is a sucker.
How about we all speak for ourselves there chiefI truly would like to see ten seperate examples of smash admitting to being wrong. I suspect out of the 7,000 plus posts of yours smash, maybe 4 or 5 tops are you admiting to being wrong or at least incorrect.
im not talking about people asking to see how many times he was wrong, sorry if thats what you thought..i just mean all these people posting topics either bitching about the way he acts etc. or people asking him stupid questions that they know will get a sarcastic response that they'll just en d up bitching about anyway.
But just because there is a lot of luck involved in tournaments, does not make people who play in them suckers. If it does, then most every poker player you know is a sucker.
That statement about being for suckers means that there is a lot of luck involved and you are usually just throwing that money away. Kinda like the lottery. People that think only the best, not the luckiest, win tournaments are suckers. You do see the difference, don't you?
ahh, the age old tournaments for suckers vs. cash gameswhy dont we just bring up the fact that NL is harder than limit or the other way around :club:
Because Pogue's not a General Forum Donk (GFD). What I said should make sense to him.
ahh, the age old tournaments for suckers vs. cash gameswhy dont we just bring up the fact that NL is harder than limit or the other way around :club:
Because Pogue's not a General Forum Donk (GFD). What I said should make sense to him.
no, i reailize that.but since we have multiple violent discussions going on in this thread (smash being a dick, tournaments are for suckers) we could just start up that topic here and get it over with for some of the donks that do think NL is harder.btw, i'm really trying to learn limit better, and man is it more difficult...
That statement about being for suckers means that there is a lot of luck involved and you are usually just throwing that money away. Kinda like the lottery. People that think only the best, not the luckiest, win tournaments are suckers. You do see the difference, don't you?
No, I disagree with smash that tournaments are for suckers. I understand exactly what he means, certainly. But there are a few things wrong with his assertion that tournaments are for suckers.1. People play poker for different reasons, not exclusively to make the most money.2. If you really believe grinding out LHE is the easiest way for an intelligent person to make money, you my friend are the sucker. It may be the laziest, but not the easiest. There are plenty of other things you can do to make much more money that play poker. So I suppose if I took the ridiculous line smash and yourself take, I could say LHE players are suckers.3. Remove your lips from smashs' ass, it's embarassing4. Who the hell thinks only the best winb tournaments? Show me one person and I'll show you someone you paid off to make a point5. This is a silly, luck vs skill argument that somehow you feel you know something that tournament players don't.6. smash will come on here and say if you can make money playing tournaments, you can make more money playing cash games. (I refer you to #2 above)