tourney question for smash

I really don't understand why everyone needs smash's or daniel's advice all the time.... There are about 100 people on this forum who know a lot more, and play a lot more tournaments than smash, and on the same note.... there's plenty of people who could probably tell you what poker room is good, and where to get a decent hot dog in vegas, better than daniel can.  Please stop it people!
And...please everyone stop making threads that are specified toward certain people.USE THE PRIVATE MESSAGE if you want someone's opinion.
  • Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

PMJackson, you serious about finding good tourney players to back in higher buy-in's?? I consider myself a good tourney player feel free to check out my record on stars, ajp504.

Pretty sure I got that from something you said in the past sometime.But either way.... you only need to get lucky once or twice to be up that much lifetime.... technically.Just saying.I've never said I was bad a tourmaments.  What I very likely did say was that I made more money for the time spent playing cash games.I think this is true of everyone who doesn't suck at cash games.I've played a lot of tournaments, probably at least 500.  I tend not to play large buy in ones because, again, I find them really boring and a waste of my time.  I imagine I could play them exclusively and make mid to high five figures a year, more if I was lucky a few times.They are, however, boring, for suckers, and largely a joke.Good luck.
Tournament is for suckers.Good luck.
Pretty sure I got that from something you said in the past sometime.But either way.... you only need to get lucky once or twice to be up that much lifetime.... technically.Just saying.I've never said I was bad a tourmaments.  What I very likely did say was that I made more money for the time spent playing cash games.I think this is true of everyone who doesn't suck at cash games.I've played a lot of tournaments, probably at least 500.  I tend not to play large buy in ones because, again, I find them really boring and a waste of my time.  I imagine I could play them exclusively and make mid to high five figures a year, more if I was lucky a few times.They are, however, boring, for suckers, and largely a joke.Good luck.
No no, I really think what you said was in one of the threads for the old Negreanu Opens.... and everyone finally talked you into playing... I think you said... I suck at tournaments, but I'll play anyway.Something along those lines.

Tournament is for suckers.Good luck.Actually it's "Tournaments are for suckers".Not that it would have been any funnier if you got it right, but it would have prevented me from having more than one reason to point out how badly your post failed.Good luck.

No no, I really think what you said was in one of the threads for the old Negreanu Opens.... and everyone finally talked you into playing... I think you said... I suck at tournaments, but I'll play anyway.Something along those lines.I've got $50 that you can't find me saying anything simmilar.Perhaps after getting knocked out of one I jokingly said "I suck at tournaments".I'm better at tournaments than you are, not close.Good luck.:club:

Actually it's "Tournaments are for suckers". Not that it would have been any funnier if you got it right, but it would have prevented me from having more than one reason to point out how badly your post failed. Good luck.My post failed what? Thank you for the correction though. I guess you still write romance novels daily.Good luck.

No no, I really think what you said was in one of the threads for the old Negreanu Opens.... and everyone finally talked you into playing... I think you said... I suck at tournaments, but I'll play anyway.Something along those lines.I've got $50 that you can't find me saying anything simmilar.Perhaps after getting knocked out of one I jokingly said "I suck at tournaments".I'm better at tournaments than you are, not close.Good luck.:club:
Well... I was a little off, but I found it... and you did say you suck. Not to say you were serious, but it was said... and the comment a couple before mentions it as well.http://www.fullcontactpoker.com/poker-foru...u+open&start=30HA!When can I expect the money?

My post failed what?At being funny at all.I apologize if that wasn't the point of it and you're actually just fonctionally retarded and felt the need to randomly post.You did very well if that's the case, we're all very proud of you.Good luck.

Perhaps after getting knocked out of one I jokingly said "I suck at tournaments". Reading is fundemental.
Yes, but still quite similar.... and the post before you got knocked out, was "I will probably last 10 minutes"Seems similar as well.

Yes, but still quite similar.... and the post before you got knocked out, was "I will probably last 10 minutes"Seems similar as well.No.One of those people who can't say "Oops, I was wrong" eh?Ok. Good luck.

Yes, but still quite similar.... and the post before you got knocked out, was "I will probably last 10 minutes"Seems similar as well.No.One of those people who can't say "Oops, I was wrong" eh?Ok.  Good luck.
Looks to me like you don't want to admit you were wrong. I showed you exactly what I was talking about. I don't see that as being wrong. You admitted to probably not lasting long in the tournament, then said the words "I suck" afterwards... which is the whole reason I made any comments about your tournament ability in the first place.We can start a poll if you like :club:
he is from chicago, probably hates you because of the red sox.
Nah, if a Chicago team doesn't win, I would rather see the Red Sox win than most other teams.And I don't hate smash, just friendly banter.

Looks to me like you don't want to admit you were wrong. I showed you exactly what I was talking about. I don't see that as being wrong. Imainge that, the guy that can't deal with being wrong projecting that onto someone else.How rare.Good luck.

Looks to me like you don't want to admit you were wrong. I showed you exactly what I was talking about. I don't see that as being wrong.  Imainge that, the guy that can't deal with being wrong projecting that onto someone else.How rare.Good luck.
LOLNow you're just being ironic.If you want we can go back and search posts where you've told someone they couldn't admit being wrong, and in the same breath said you would gladly admit being wrong, if it ever happened.Then go look for a time when that actually happened... I would love to see it.
Looks to me like you don't want to admit you were wrong. I showed you exactly what I was talking about. I don't see that as being wrong.  Imainge that, the guy that can't deal with being wrong projecting that onto someone else.How rare.Good luck.
LOLNow you're just being ironic.
It's like raaaaiiiiiiiiiiiiaaaaaaaaaaann.

Tournaments are a great way for anyone (especially myself) to lose some of their profit from ring games. But dangit, the idea of winning $500+ for 3 hours of playing poker and a $5-10 buy in is way too enticing for me to pass up. I've been able to limit myself though, allowing only 2 low-level buy in MTTs a week. :? I think it was Alf who said that MTTs are the crack of poker. I couldn't agree more.

LOLNow you're just being ironic.
It's like raaaaiiiiiiiiiiiiaaaaaaaaaaann.
Ironic like someone rivering a gutshot on you, or instead of hitting fold, you click all-in with 4 high..... so very ironic. stupid song!

If you want we can go back and search posts where you've told someone they couldn't admit being wrong, and in the same breath said you would gladly admit being wrong, if it ever happened.Then go look for a time when that actually happened... I would love to see it.Happens fairly often.Not going to waste time looking for a thread, but they exist. If you offered me cash, I could probably find ten times I've been wrong about something, realized it, and said "whoops, I was wrong".As to this particular case, I really don't care enough about it to keep arguing. Since it's clearly essential to your ego not to be wrong here, I'll just say I am to make things easier.I was wrong.Good luck.

If you want we can go back and search posts where you've told someone they couldn't admit being wrong, and in the same breath said you would gladly admit being wrong, if it ever happened.Then go look for a time when that actually happened... I would love to see it.Happens fairly often.Not going to waste time looking for a thread, but they exist.  If you offered me cash, I could probably find ten times I've been wrong about something, realized it, and said "whoops, I was wrong".As to this particular case, I really don't care enough about it to keep arguing.  Since it's clearly essential to your ego not to be wrong here, I'll just say I am to make things easier.I was wrong.Good luck.
Thanks, I appreciate it.I will say that my original post was wrong. I made it sound too much like a fact, when it was more speculation based on what I had gathered from those posts, coupled with the lack of evidence to the contrary regarding tournaments. I did find it though. :club:
patrick will you back me in the weekly  7card no peek tourney at the american legion.  I would greatly appreciate it.  I won it last month so 1 out of 5 isn't bad i don't think.  You can ask Gerry the bartender he saw it all.
Of course; knowing Gerry the bartender as being a keen observer of people's character, I only await his verification. :-)Patrick