have you ever completely lost control ..............

Playing poker while drunk is like beating the hell out of your girlfriend.It feels good when you're doing it, and...well, I guess that's about all they have in common,and I don't really see the downside.
ROFL wetting myselfBest....
  • Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

you basically hit a 2 outer on the river to not lose your roll.
Geesh, took me like 3 minutes until I understood your reference. I was like what the hell are you talking about. What 2 outer, what river. :? *DONK*
well i wasnt sure if it made sense either
OK this is a VERY serious question and along with the flames I want some serious answers if its possibe.I got drunk as shit last night because I have had the worst 2 days at work you can imagine and just alot of stress, anger, aggression, etc etc.Keep in mind I am a 6'2 140 lb dude so a tall skinny fucker and I killed an entire 12 pack of bud light during my poker session last night.  For those that have followed my blog and read my posts here you know I am very serious about poker, and especially about proper bankroll management.  For the past 8 months I have slowly grinded my $50 into $3500+ and am trying to get to my goal of $5000.Well guys I dont know what to say besides I completely lost control of myself last night.  It started off with a few beers and horrible bad beats at my regular $5/$10 game, then I started chasing cards, money and getting more in debt.  Then I do two cardinal sins, I kept drinking and I jumped to $1o/$20.  I proceeded to keep drinking and keep losing, found myself down $1500 out of my entire roll of $3500 so only $2000 left.   It was so bad that I took my last $2000 and put it all at at a $20/$40 table and my mindset at the time was I really didnt care if I lost it all.Someone smiled on my stupidity and I won about a $1000 at the $20/$40 table so I should have been happy and quit with my $500 loss instead of $1500, but hell no I proceed to play a $100 SnG at 1:00 AM, which I placed 3rd in for $180, then I proceeded to play $400 NL at 2 AM after I had completely killed my 12 pack of beers.  I managed to win about $200 more at the NL tables and found my total damage for the drunken session to only be a loss of $160.So after 3 long hours of sleep and being back to work I am looking back on last night with utter disgust and disbelief.  I really cant believe I was willing to throw 8 1/2 months and over 1500 table hours of grinding away on 1 drunken binge.  I am a responsible guy, very happily married, 2 amazing kids, nice day job, etc etc.  I like to think I'm pretty intelligent, but honestly I cant figure out what happened last night.  I dont know what kind of comments or feedback I am looking for here other then I'm just simply venting my crazy night.    I feel pretty confident in saying that was a 1 time thing and I'm back to the daily grind of proper play and proper bankroll managementDiscuss ........
I thought you were going to be in Tunica for the WSOP satellite during this week?
I thought you were going to be in Tunica for the WSOP satellite during this week?
I posted last weekend about that. I cancelled my trip after a 3 day $1000 downswing, couldnt invest another $600

the only thing i don't like about this story is you got lucky to get your money back.I hate limit players and everyone eventually explodes from their stupid grind. Booo limit.Yahhhh NL(SW) :club:

I hate limit players and everyone eventually explodes from their stupid grind. Booo limit.Yahhhh NL(SW) :club:
lol. you very well could be onto something.