hair metal and poker songs

Montrose - straight rock n roll. End of discussion..38 Special not Hair Metal either, just one helluva crappy band.Van Hagar's best album was OU812, and Black and Blue was my favorite. Once I was forced to listen to crap like Right Now, I was done with them as a band.Got my 7 year old rocking out to Rainbow In The Dark yesterday. If you've never seen a little kid banging his head, you're missing out on one of the supreme joys in life.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

They definately got alot softer after dave left, but i think they made more rocking songs with sammy at the same time. Sounds weird but you catch my drift. Although i will admit, DiverDown is my favorite album, hence my screename :D
You're gonna laugh, but I didn't even make the connection with your screename! :-) I think it's that picture of Chris Cornell. It's distracting. I mean, I'm as heterosexual as the next guy, but I'm secure enough to admit that he's a pretty good-looking guy. At least if my girlfriend decided to leave me for him, I'd sort of understand! :club:
i saw the tour last year where both David Lee Roth and Sammy Hagar did their own sets for like 90 minutes each, doing all their best VH songs. I really do like both of them, but if i had to pick one I think Sammy is a much better singer then David. David has better stage antics. I was disappointed that Sammy opened for David at the concert, but oh well. Either way you look at it, VH rocks!
I could agree with that. I think Dave's lyrics were better. Hagar's were just too... bland.And to me it just seemed like Van Halen had more ROCK in them when DLR was the lead singer. Maybe they just got old and the same thing would've happened if DLR had stayed (or not been thrown out).
Montrose - straight rock n roll. End of discussion..38 Special not Hair Metal either, just one helluva crappy band.Van Hagar's best album was OU812, and Black and Blue was my favorite. Once I was forced to listen to crap like Right Now, I was done with them as a band.Got my 7 year old rocking out to Rainbow In The Dark yesterday. If you've never seen a little kid banging his head, you're missing out on one of the supreme joys in life.
OU812 was probably their best IMO, i loved diverdown but that album rocked too much. Sucker in a 3 piece, (AFI) Naturally Wired.....insane....cant forget Source of Infection
They definately got alot softer after dave left, but i think they made more rocking songs with sammy at the same time. Sounds weird but you catch my drift. Although i will admit, DiverDown is my favorite album, hence my screename :D
You're gonna laugh, but I didn't even make the connection with your screename! :-) I think it's that picture of Chris Cornell. It's distracting. I mean, I'm as heterosexual as the next guy, but I'm secure enough to admit that he's a pretty good-looking guy. At least if my girlfriend decided to leave me for him, I'd sort of understand! :club:
Willa Ford, in an interview, admitted that her boyfriend said the only male he would have a 3some with and her would be Chris Cornell. And yeah that pic is of Cornell, the greatest rock singer that ever lived!!!!Oh shit, Im gonna start another war...:D
Anyone listen to grunge in the 80's, and i mean real grunge, like soundgarden circa 1986-89, mother love bone. Nirvana was NOT grunge.
but yet you dont mention The Meat Puppets.(and) .38 special ain't crap.
Anyone listen to grunge in the 80's, and i mean real grunge, like soundgarden circa 1986-89, mother love bone. Nirvana was NOT grunge.
but yet you dont mention The Meat Puppets.(and) .38 special ain't crap.
Meat Puppets were actually a rockin band, then they came out with that dumb song and people thought thats what they sounded like. The Goo-Goo Dolls were a rocking band, then they completely sold out. If you can find real old Goo-Goo dolls on the internet, let me know.
Willa Ford, in an interview, admitted that her boyfriend said the only male he would have a 3some with and her would be Chris Cornell. And yeah that pic is of Cornell, the greatest rock singer that ever lived!!!!Oh censored, Im gonna start another war...:D
No, I'm not interested in a 3-some with Chris Cornell or any other guy for that matter. I'm kinda insanely jealous when it comes to other men around my girl.As for Cornell being the greatest rock singer, I won't argue you with you there. His voice is spectacular. Personally I prefer Layne Stayley's over Cornell's, but that's just personal taste.
I miss Layne...what a voice, what a band. One of the few Grunge bands I enjoyed.R.I.P.
I never liked that "grunge" label. To me, AIC was more metal than anything else. "Grunge" just sounds like a marketing or fashion term than anything else. Certainly none of the bands considered themselves "grunge".

Why hasn't anyone mentioned Guns N Roses? The GNR before Axl went all prima donna and fat though.Appetite For Destruction was the definition of 80's hair metal.

Why hasn't anyone mentioned Guns N Roses? The GNR before Axl went all prima donna and fat though.Appetite For Destruction was the definition of 80's hair metal.
Guns N Roses was not hair metal. How dare you blaspheme in such a way. And on that note Axl is the best rock front man of all time(even with the psychosis).
Guns n' Roses were a great band.I think I just popped off to your avatar.

Guns were definitely not hair metal in fact they more than nirvana were more responsible for the end of hair metal along with mettalica - the hair metal guys were all about chicks and booze and fun - guns for better or worse were heroin and dangeranyone know when chinese democracy is coming out?

Guns were definitely not hair metal in fact they more than nirvana were more responsible for the end of hair metal along with mettalica - the hair metal guys were all about chicks and booze and fun - guns for better or worse were heroin and dangeranyone know when chinese democracy is coming out?
Lat time I checked c=ock rock was the good hair metal.

I agree Guns n Roses was not Hair Metal at all. More like in your face drunk heavy metal! As for the greatest front man, he is up there, but I always thought Scott Weiland was the best front man.

I agree Guns n Roses was not Hair Metal at all. More like in your face drunk heavy metal! As for the greatest front man, he is up there, but I always thought Scott Weiland was the best front man.
So then The Best Hair Metal band of all time is Poison. I see Hair Metal and **** Rock aren't the same they are just diffrent areas of Glam Rock.I don't know about sister cleo though.