hair metal and poker songs

Oh man, how could you forget the 5th band on the Monsters of Rock tour? Kingdom Come!!! and their hit . . . . . yeah.I saw the Tesla show that ended up being the Five Man Acoustical Jam album. One of the best show's I have ever been to. Then, took my future wife to a Firehouse/Tesla show. Their Great Radio Controversy album still makes my top 25 list.Poisonsolo David Lee Roth (ugh)Winger/ScorpionsBullet Boys (can't believe how many of you guys have seen them)Dangerous Toys (anyone seen them? - great show)Lita Ford/Yngwie Malmsteen (yeah, I said it!)Skid Row/AerosmithWarrant (Where the Down Boys Go was cool once, right?)God, I feel old!
Kindom Come, I remember them. They were the band with Jason Bonham who just by coincidence sounded like Led Zeppelin. boy, who would have thunk it, huh? :club: Well, at least that first single they had sounded just like Zeppelin. Pretty pathetic really.Nothing to be embarrassed about seeing Yngwie for, or were you referring to Lita Ford? :)And yes, Warrant was huge at one time. I still like some of the songs they had and even saw them on their reunion tour in the late 90's with Dokken and I thnk it was Cinderella again. I went for Dokken, dug Warrant, and left during Cinderella. They didn't impress me this time. sorry Ron, I know you'r very fond of them. j/k :D
  • Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Pulled some old ticket stubs out......Ratt/Poison 88Ratt/Cinderella 87Ratt/Bon Jovi 85Robert Plant/Cheap Trick 88Aerosmith/White Lion 87Motley Crue/Guns n Roses (1st tour) 87 Scorpion/Yngwie Malmsteen (Rising Force Tour) 86Iron Maiden Powerslave Tour 85Dio 86Motley Crue/Ratt 84I am old..........

Oh man, how could you forget the 5th band on the Monsters of Rock tour? Kingdom Come!!! and their hit . . . . . yeah.I saw the Tesla show that ended up being the Five Man Acoustical Jam album. One of the best show's I have ever been to. Then, took my future wife to a Firehouse/Tesla show. Their Great Radio Controversy album still makes my top 25 list.Poisonsolo David Lee Roth (ugh)Winger/ScorpionsBullet Boys (can't believe how many of you guys have seen them)Dangerous Toys (anyone seen them? - great show)Lita Ford/Yngwie Malmsteen (yeah, I said it!)Skid Row/AerosmithWarrant (Where the Down Boys Go was cool once, right?)God, I feel old!
Smooth up in ya.Teasin and pleasinDirty rotten filthy stinken rich Perfect O is the Kingdom Come song. Props to the Tesla ref.
Ratt-twice bad both times
We totally love the same music man. I will still never forget my first Ratt concert in a little club, we were front row right in front of Steven Pearcy (sp?). My wife kept grabbing and touching his leg and I found myself with a mixture of feelings of hey wtf are you doing touching his leg to oh its steven pearcy so its cool I guess. We got the set list off the stage, couple guitar picks, drum stix, and just an awesome time.KISS my favorite band of all time, wifey and I seen them over a dozen times togetherVan Halen (seen 3 times)Poison (seen 4 times)Motley Crue (Got tix for Sept 10th show!)Journey (seen once)Def Leppard AD/DC38 SpecialGreat White (seen once)Night Ranger Jeff Healy BandQuiet Riot (seen twice)Skid Row (seen 4 times)Steve Miller Band (seen few months ago while in Atlantic City)Tesla (seen once)Warrant (seen once)etc etc

I grew up in the 80s as well. My town was full of gritters (Gritter=loves hair metal, weed, and Chevy Novas). They used to try to run me over in their white trash beaters when I was out riding my skateboard (this was before skating was socially acceptable). I'd hear the subtle sounds of Quiet Riot coming from their car stereos as I dived for the bushes.

Ratt-twice  bad both times
We totally love the same music man. I will still never forget my first Ratt concert in a little club, we were front row right in front of Steven Pearcy (sp?). My wife kept grabbing and touching his leg and I found myself with a mixture of feelings of hey wtf are you doing touching his leg to oh its steven pearcy so its cool I guess. We got the set list off the stage, couple guitar picks, drum stix, and just an awesome time.KISS my favorite band of all time, wifey and I seen them over a dozen times togetherVan Halen (seen 3 times)Poison (seen 4 times)Motley Crue (Got tix for Sept 10th show!)Journey (seen once)Def Leppard AD/DC38 SpecialGreat White (seen once)Night Ranger Jeff Healy BandQuiet Riot (seen twice)Skid Row (seen 4 times)Steve Miller Band (seen few months ago while in Atlantic City)Tesla (seen once)Warrant (seen once)etc etc
HOLY CRAP I forgot I've seen Warrant, too. That's simply inexcusable. Wow. I apologize. Perhaps after you see the Crue in September and I see them in October we can talk about how awesome it was!!!
KISS my favorite band of all time, wifey and I seen them over a dozen times togetherAny band that has Michael Bolton write songs for them and sells themselves out to the mighty dollar by putting their face on every and any product imaginable, is a disgrace to rock n roll.Therefore, KISS sucks, they are the biggest joke in rock n roll since the Doors

first of all, well done on the quoting me without looking like a complete idiot.second of all, no question they are the most ridiculous sell outs in the world and I love em for it. they have no shame and will publically admit they are in it for one reason, the money. I even have a CD where gene simmons is doing an interview and says "any band that tells you there in rock n roll for the fans are full of shit" We are in it for 2 things, money and pussy. Like it or not how many other bands do you know that can successfully sell anything from a condom to a casket?third of all, even if you hate there music you have to admit (if you have ever been to a show) they put on one of the best SHOWS ever. Entertainment value is WAY up there.

1st off, you cannot compare KISS to The Doors. Different music, different eras. As far a musical talent, KISS was NOT as bad as some people believe. Unfortunately there stage antics sometimes over shadowed there music ability. KISS put out 2 of the Best Live Albums in Rock n Roll History, KISS Alive & KISS Alive II. If you you would listen to the band with your ears and not your eyes you would get what millions of KISS fan hear. As for selling out, so what. Some the biggest acts in Rock n Roll History have sold out at one time or another, Rolling Stones & Led Zeppelin for example.

1st off, you cannot compare KISS to The Doors. Different music, different eras. As far a musical talent, KISS was NOT as bad as some people believe. Unfortunately there stage antics sometimes over shadowed there music ability. KISS put out 2 of the Best Live Albums in Rock n Roll History, KISS Alive & KISS Alive II. If you you would listen to the band with your ears and not your eyes you would get what millions of KISS fan hear. As for selling out, so what. Some the biggest acts in Rock n Roll History have sold out at one time or another, Rolling Stones & Led Zeppelin for example.
what Oz said. the earlier you go the better thier music. Imop.s. lay off the doors too. pls :-)

what a perfect opportunity to post my picture (once again without my face because you all are psychos) with me and gene simmons. ofcourse he is selling something.gene.jpg

Anyone see Extreme? Were they any good live? I'm from Boston and never saw them. I wasn't a big fan they were as over the top as you could be, I get a huge kick out of that. If you dont like what you see here, nobodys gonna take ya prisonor.I dont like what i see here. Let me make it nice and clearThe exit is right there!If you dont like.....what you see here...... get the funk out!Hilarious

Saw Jeff Healy Band open for the Allman Brothers a few years ago. The highlight of that show was the 60+ year old couple in front of us lighting up a J every 15 minutes or so. I'm sure it was for their glaucoma (sw).Anyone who mentions having ever gone to see .38 Special has issues far greater than mankind can solve. This is coming from a guy who intentionally bought tickets for a Lita Ford concert. I forget who said it, but I saw Dio in '86 too. Great show - Megadeth opened for him. Too much satan in one night for a good Christian boy to handle though. Needed a good hot shower afterward.

Anyone see Extreme? Were they any good live?
i saw van halen on tour the year when gary charone was their lead singer and he was actually pretty good. Nothing compared to Sammy, but still pretty good. I would put him above David Lee Roth on my list of VH lead singers though :club:
I think you can compare the two and The Doors comes out on top as far as quality of music. KISS wins for live shows (although this is only from what I've read, having seen neither).The Doors simply made more poetic, lasting, meaningful music. They varied song structures, time signatures, sounds, instruments, lengths of songs, experiemented with new recording techniques... and the lyrics produced by Morrison go far beyond anything produced by KISS. KISS may be a better "rock" band perhaps, but The Doors were definitely the better band overall.It's really not even close.
i saw van halen on tour the year when gary charone was their lead singer and he was actually pretty good. Nothing compared to Sammy, but still pretty good. I would put him above David Lee Roth on my list of VH lead singers though :club:
Sammy was better IMO also, but lets not go there or this post will be 50 pages long and WW3 will break out.
Saw Jeff Healy Band open for the Allman Brothers a few years ago. The highlight of that show was the 60+ year old couple in front of us lighting up a J every 15 minutes or so. I'm sure it was for their glaucoma (sw).Anyone who mentions having ever gone to see .38 Special has issues far greater than mankind can solve. This is coming from a guy who intentionally bought tickets for a Lita Ford concert. I forget who said it, but I saw Dio in '86 too. Great show - Megadeth opened for him. Too much satan in one night for a good Christian boy to handle though. Needed a good hot shower afterward.
I love .38 special. Never seen them live though. Left them off my list cause they aren't hair metal.Lita total hair metal.
Oh, DNA. I can't believe you like Hagar as the lead singer for VH! UGH! Van Halen's music just blew after he took helm of the ship. All this pappy, mid-tempo shit that had no distinctness to it and definitely didn't ROCK!I am so disappointed.

Oh, DNA. I can't believe you like Hagar as the lead singer for VH! UGH! Van Halen's music just blew after he took helm of the ship. All this pappy, mid-tempo censored that had no distinctness to it and definitely didn't ROCK! I am so disappointed.Ok im gonna go there. Cmon now. Sucker in a 3 piece suit is probably the most rocking song they ever wrote. Not to mention Judgement day

Sammy was better IMO also, but lets not go there or this post will be 50 pages long and WW3 will break out.
Montrose. Hair Metal or not?
Oh, DNA. I can't believe you like Hagar as the lead singer for VH! UGH! Van Halen's music just blew after he took helm of the ship. All this pappy, mid-tempo censored that had no distinctness to it and definitely didn't ROCK! I am so disappointed.Ok im gonna go there. Cmon now. Sucker in a 3 piece suit is probably the most rocking song they ever wrote. Not to mention Judgement day
Heh. I think this is one of those "Agree to disagree" moments. :-)

They definately got alot softer after dave left, but i think they made more rocking songs with sammy at the same time. Sounds weird but you catch my drift. Although i will admit, DiverDown is my favorite album, hence my screename :club:

i saw the tour last year where both David Lee Roth and Sammy Hagar did their own sets for like 90 minutes each, doing all their best VH songs. I really do like both of them, but if i had to pick one I think Sammy is a much better singer then David. David has better stage antics. I was disappointed that Sammy opened for David at the concert, but oh well. Either way you look at it, VH rocks!

i saw the tour last year where both David Lee Roth and Sammy Hagar did their own sets for like 90 minutes each, doing all their best VH songs. I really do like both of them, but if i had to pick one I think Sammy is a much better singer then David. David has better stage antics. I was disappointed that Sammy opened for David at the concert, but oh well. Either way you look at it, VH rocks!
Sammy was a much better singer, no comparison.Dave was a much better performer. No comparison