hair metal and poker songs

Just saw Ron Mexico proclaim his love for Hair MetalAnyone ever see Sum41's Hair Metal Parody at the end of their fat lip video - awesomesome thoughts1. If Motley Crue got paid every time Girls Girls Girls got played in a strip club Bill Gates would be the 5th richest man in the world2. All the Hair Metal Bands will tell you with credibility that Nirvana ended their careers and made them laughing stocks - but funniest thing ever so for some reason does Mike Reno of Loverboy who hadn't released an album in 4 years when Nevermind came out3. Love me that Cherry Pie video 4. Love me that Winger T-Shirt Stuart wore in B & B5. someone mentioned a poker song being a good idea - but could anything really be better than Ace of Spades by Motorhead - Card Cheat is good too Clash City Rockerbut you know that the big poker song will be recorded by someone like John Mayer and when it goes number 1 people on here will be out to kill himfunny side note on Mayer - dude got inducted to his high school hall of fame but when he got there they called him in to the principals office and told him that for security reasons they weren't going to let him attend his own induction High School Principals - only ever smarter than High School Vice Principals! Nothing has changed boys!

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I loved the 80's. Music was great, doesn't hold up much though. I was 8 through 18 in the 80's. Good times. My concerts in the 80's.Poison-twice, bad both timesTesla-five times total-great every timeGreat White- Jack Russell, great voice, awesome cover of Zepplin's Immigrant songRatt-twice bad both timesKixCinderella-twiceDef Leppard- before Pour Some Sugar on Me explodedGuns N RosesBadlandsFirehouseWinger- Kip was so sexyBulletBoysDavid Lee RothExtremeI'm sure there is a couple more I can't remember. No, not b/c of drugs.

I saw REO Speedwagon/ April Wine/ Blackfoot in 1980 (or 81?) at the World Series of Rock at the old County Stadium baseball Park.65,000+ fans. Hot summer day. The smell of pot wafting through the air. Best concert I'd ever been to.I think. :-)

One of the funniest things i've ever seen was the reo speedwagon behind the musicthe whole band became vegetarians except the guitarist who decided to remain a drunkone day in the studio he suddenly said to the rest of the band - i'm in a really s-hitty band

Uh oh, I can't see a thread like this and not get involved.My first concert I ever went to was when I was in 2nd grade. My mom offered to take me, I didn't even have to beg. And she had as good of a time as I did. It was Poison. By the time I got to the 6th grade I had seen Poison, Bon Jovi, Aerosmith, Tesla, and Skid Row twice.But this fall I'm going to be living my dream because the one band I always wanted to see more than any other has reunited and will be rocking out in my hometown! MOTLEY CRUE!!!!!!Imagine how excited Jessica Simpson gets when she finds the toy at the bottom of the cereal box. Now cut that in half and double it. This is how pumped I am.

Uh oh, I can't see a thread like this and not get involved.My first concert I ever went to was when I was in 2nd grade. My mom offered to take me, I didn't even have to beg. And she had as good of a time as I did. It was Poison. By the time I got to the 6th grade I had seen Poison, Bon Jovi, Aerosmith, Tesla, and Skid Row twice.But this fall I'm going to be living my dream because the one band I always wanted to see more than any other has reunited and will be rocking out in my hometown! MOTLEY CRUE!!!!!!Imagine how excited Jessica Simpson gets when she finds the toy at the bottom of the cereal box. Now cut that in half and double it. This is how pumped I am.
My first was Ratt and Poison. I use that expression. Also a big fan of saying "I'm just serious" after picking on someone.

this forum is way friendlier when we dont talk about pokeranyone watching tommy lee goes to collegethought it was pretty funny although its lame that his dorm room is fake

all of this hair metal (which i do like) pales in comparison to the ultimate rock musis of AC DC. AC DC is really the only option when it comes to really getting into your poker with some powerful, kick-ass music. Anyone who says otherwise is wrong.

I have seen way too many concerts in the 80's, many I wished I would have passed on. The ride to the show & home from the show was the scariest part of the experience. For all you South Floridians, do your remember the old Hollywood Snortitorium? I mean Sportitorium. Seen over 50 shows there.....My favorite show was at the Orange Bowl in 87, Monsters of Rock. Pretty good lineup:DokkenMettalicaVan HalenScorpions & Others.....

all of this hair metal (which i do like) pales in comparison to the ultimate rock musis of AC DC. AC DC is really the only option when it comes to really getting into your poker with some powerful, kick-ass music. Anyone who says otherwise is wrong.
I got no truck with AC/DC.
I have seen way too many concerts in the 80's, many I wished I would have passed on. The ride to the show & home from the show was the scariest part of the experience. For all you South Floridians, do your remember the old Hollywood Snortitorium? I mean Sportitorium. Seen over 50 shows there.....My favorite show was at the Orange Bowl in 87, Monsters of Rock. Pretty good lineup:DokkenMettalicaVan HalenScorpions & Others.....
Hilarious. One way in, one way out. Single lane. Saw Def Leppard and Tesla there in 87 I believe. Missed 3/4 of Tesla b/c of traffic. (I know lucky me, but I love Tesla) Horrible traffic. Thank god they closed that dump. I miss the Sunrise. Great place to see a show.When is the first annual South Florida FCP tourney? Alf, you, me, the cute chick Raquel from HIaleah, dolfan, I think he's from SoFL. We'll fly in Canebrain and Iveyfan, evilgenius.
Hilarious. One way in, one way out. Single lane. Saw Def Leppard and Tesla there in 87 I believe. Missed 3/4 of Tesla b/c of traffic. (I know lucky me, but I love Tesla) Horrible traffic. Thank god they closed that dump. I miss the Sunrise. Great place to see a show.When is the first annual South Florida FCP tourney? Alf, you, me, the cute chick Raquel from HIaleah, dolfan, I think he's from SoFL. We'll fly in Canebrain and Iveyfan, evilgenius.
Considering my football allegiances, that's a pretty a safe guess. But alas, I'm a Rocky Mountain boy. Bit of a journey for me. JOURNEY!!!! There's another band from that era that I liked a bit too much.

Hands Down, The last Who-rah, 1984 Toronto Maple Leaf Centre.(Also saw them earlier that year at the Carrier Dome in Syracuse and Rich Stadium where they opened by no less then the Clash.)I think we can close this thread now.

First concert ever was Judas Priest on the Defender's of the Faith tour. To this day still one of the best shows I've ever seen! Was 13, went with my friend and older brother at the Capitol's Center in MD. They actually made a movie that day in the parking lot that went on to spur a whole bunch of other "parking lot" movies about other bands. Didn't know it at the time, but thought it was kind of interesting. Watching it made me laugh and cringe (at some of the styles of clothes, holy cripes!).Also saw Maiden on the 7th son tour. Another awesome show.Many others too, but I stayed away from MOST of the hairbands. Did see Dokken a couple of times and yes, I haev to admit, I went to see Bullet Boys, Winger, and Cinderella at the Spectrum in Philly in the very late 80's. I'm embarrased to admit it, but Winger impressed me. :shock:

First concert ever was Judas Priest on the Defender's of the Faith tour. To this day still one of the best shows I've ever seen! Was 13, went with my friend and older brother at the Capitol's Center in MD. They actually made a movie that day in the parking lot that went on to spur a whole bunch of other "parking lot" movies about other bands. Didn't know it at the time, but thought it was kind of interesting. Watching it made me laugh and cringe (at some of the styles of clothes, holy cripes!).Also saw Maiden on the 7th son tour. Another awesome show.Many others too, but I stayed away from MOST of the hairbands. Did see Dokken a couple of times and yes, I haev to admit, I went to see Bullet Boys, Winger, and Cinderella at the Spectrum in Philly in the very late 80's. I'm embarrased to admit it, but Winger impressed me. :shock:
As stated earlier, I saw that same tour at the Miami Arena. Wasn't the way Cinderella opened great? Completely black, then a spotlight on Tom Keifer playing the first song from the current album, not Gypsy Road, the slide guitar one. Sorry so excited, you sparked a memory.
Many others too, but I stayed away from MOST of the hairbands. Did see Dokken a couple of times and yes, I haev to admit, I went to see Bullet Boys, Winger, and Cinderella at the Spectrum in Philly in the very late 80's. I'm embarrased to admit it, but Winger impressed me. :shock:
As stated earlier, I saw that same tour at the Miami Arena. Wasn't the way Cinderella opened great? Completely black, then a spotlight on Tom Keifer playing the first song from the current album, not Gypsy Road, the slide guitar one. Sorry so excited, you sparked a memory.
Honestly, I don't remember that much about the show. I went to see the Bullet Boys as I liked a lot of their tunes. Winger was already kind of a well known joke at the time, but they played and sounded great. All I remember about Cinderella was they were a little too loud so their sound wasn't very good. That seems to happen with alot of headlining bands these days, they go so loud it distorts everything.I remember we had great seats too, somewhere on the floor, slightly to the right, probably about 12 rows back. I do remember the opening with the spotlight, but I could have sworn he was sitting at a grand piano, not playing guitar. I could be wrong, of course.

Oh man, how could you forget the 5th band on the Monsters of Rock tour? Kingdom Come!!! and their hit . . . . . yeah.I saw the Tesla show that ended up being the Five Man Acoustical Jam album. One of the best show's I have ever been to. Then, took my future wife to a Firehouse/Tesla show. Their Great Radio Controversy album still makes my top 25 list.Poisonsolo David Lee Roth (ugh)Winger/ScorpionsBullet Boys (can't believe how many of you guys have seen them)Dangerous Toys (anyone seen them? - great show)Lita Ford/Yngwie Malmsteen (yeah, I said it!)Skid Row/AerosmithWarrant (Where the Down Boys Go was cool once, right?)God, I feel old!