pokertracker and disconnects...

I'm having trouble with frequent disconnects no PartyPoker when I'm using PokerTracker/Gametime +. If I'm not using PT, I have no problem w/ disconnects. I'm on a DSL line, so it's not a problem w/ the actual connection.Do I just need more memory? I have 512 MB of RAM, is that not enough?Responses from seasoned PT users appreciated.

I have PTI'm on PartyI have dial up though.I have 1 MB RAM.I have not noticed any increased disconn activity since using PT.Well.. maybe a little..not sure..but just momentary discon...only the real total disconnect, once a month.

I've never had a problem with dc's. I have a gig of RAM though.. I would think 512 would be good enough assuming your not running to much crap in the background. Just stop DLing p0rn while you play poker!!(sw) (maybe)

I've never had a problem with dc's. I have a gig of RAM though.. I would think 512 would be good enough assuming your not running to much crap in the background. Just stop DLing p0rn while you play poker!!(sw) (maybe)
lol.no, seriously though, i've tried closing absolutely everything but PT and PP. i even went into my task manager and shut down unecessary processes. still, i disconnect so frequently that i run out of disconnect protects and have to shut down PT while i'm playing. it's quite frustrating.
I'm having trouble with frequent disconnects no PartyPoker when I'm using PokerTracker/Gametime +. If I'm not using PT, I have no problem w/ disconnects. I'm on a DSL line, so it's not a problem w/ the actual connection.Do I just need more memory? I have 512 MB of RAM, is that not enough?Responses from seasoned PT users appreciated.
I play on Party with PT/GT+ and I haven't had any problems with disconnects. I have an older computer with 512 MB of RAM so I don't think that's the problem. I did recently compress my database, so maybe you should give that a try.
I have 1 MB RAM.
haha, no you don't.aseem
uh.okMaybe 1GB. :oops: :-)
:club::D i knew what you meant, it was just funny seeing it. :-) aseem

I have a cheap-o celeron with 512M and I have no problem with disconnects. Do you have it (pokertracker) configfured to request hand histories via email, or do you have it configured to read them directly off your local drive. If the latter, it should in no way affect your network performance. If the former, I could see the pop3 traffic maybe getting in the way if your connection is not great in the first place.r

I have a cheap-o celeron with 512M and I have no problem with disconnects. Do you have it (pokertracker) configfured to request hand histories via email, or do you have it configured to read them directly off your local drive. If the latter, it should in no way affect your network performance. If the former, I could see the pop3 traffic maybe getting in the way if your connection is not great in the first place.r
they're being read off my local hard drive.in response to the other posts, i compress my DB pretty often. i'll check out the PT website and see what i can find.how do you "split" your DB?thanks for the responses.

The only time I have had issues with PT/GT+ was when I had minimized GT+ and it went into the system tray next to the clock. I would get disconnected until I shut down GT+. I just keep it maximized now and I haven't been bumped off.Hopefully that will help.

The only time I have had issues with PT/GT+ was when I had minimized GT+ and it went into the system tray next to the clock. I would get disconnected until I shut down GT+. I just keep it maximized now and I haven't been bumped off.Hopefully that will help.
if I minimize it, sometimes it disapears and I can't find it..But the stats are still upso I'll close tables and re-enter, if I want to maintian them