• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

how do you stumble on that job?
um, by being censored sweet.
Threw up a little in my mouth, there...MK = fucking sweetIce
i forgot the sw?-mike
No no, I like it better w/0 the sw. You should start signing all your posts with MK = fucking sweet.At least for a little while.Ice = unsweet
gamblin leaf and MK what do you do for work?play online?
I mostly trade stocks now, but have traded everything from futures to currencies. Things change over time so my trading isn't so labor intensive anymore. In some ways, I've become that "enter your orders in the morning and walk away" guy that I never thought I would be. Of course ... that leaves lots of time for poker now. :-)
combination of impatience + playing above my bankroll + a bit of tilt + variance led to me losing $1250 in the past seven days.that's not all of my roll, thankfully, but that's a good chunk, about 35%. the real effect, though, is that i'm out of commission for a little bit, since the other 65% of my roll is on loan to a good friend.fortunately, i had just enough PSO points to get myself a $100 gift certificate to party, and once that arrives, it's time to start grinding it out again. it certainly will be hard to focus on playing 50c/$1 seriously when i've been doing $5/$10 and $10/$20 for the past two weeks.well, i've learned a lesson, the hard way. hope you all can learn it cheaper. don't play above your roll, don't lose emotional control, there's always tomorrow, don't try to fight back for money lost, yada yada yada.sorry if this comes off as a sympathy post, not meant to be.aseem
been there it sucks, at least you have a little cushion for when your friend is able to pay you back you can get back to at least 2/4
I was surprised of all people that you would be playing above your bankroll like this. This is a lesson that we all have to learn at some point, because we all get sick of grinding it out at the lower limits when we feel we can beat the higher games. Yes you probably can beat the higher games, but without a bankroll which is like a safety net, it's hard not to fail. Most people just do not play as well when they're taking a shot, particularly with money they can't really afford to lose.
People get bored of the grind that has become there life with cards and want the excitement of a rush whether they win or lose.
Just be patient and keep grinding it out at the limits your bankroll allows and go from there. Being tapped out or running short on bankroll is never fun, which is why playing within your bankroll is so important.
true that

Akishore,Your problem isn't poker, it's emotional control. And this is likely to be a problem in various aspects of your life, so solving it should be your #1 priority.I recommend doing some transcendental meditation. You will learn how to discipline your mind and block out negative emotions. Read this article too, it may help.http://www.howardlederer.com/howard-ledere...r-article9.html