i need the fcp community's help

Man this thread move quick!!! LOLDolfanAverage defense, horrible O-line, decent veteran QB or improved younger QB, good running backs, good receivers and TE, average special teams. On a scale of 1-5 your team by your own admission is..defense-3O-Line-1QB-2RB-4WR/TE-4 ST-3U have no line to block for your "good" RB/WR's and u think u may get 5-8 wins?My rankings of your teamDefense-3O-Line-1QB-1 (You have the WORST Starting QB in the NFL besides the Bears!!!)RB-4WR/TE-2 (There are at least 10-15 teams w/o thinking who have better recieving corps. Chambers is barely a #1 and Boston and Booker are 1 year wonders)Drink the Kool-Aid, but you will be extremely lucky to hit 5 wins.JeffWho said I wanted Denver RBs? I'm just talking my third WR slot. I didn't! I was making the argument about Anderson...nothing more. U say Griffen...and I said "I bet Anderson scores more than ALL Denver RB's" We ARE Gamblers aren't we?Last year, Coles had 90 rec, 950 yds, 1 TD, 1-100 yd game. Stokely had 68 rec, 1077 yds, 10 TD and 5-100 yd games. Coles had a horrid TD year, but would you take 90 rec., 950 yds. and 1 TD's from your #3 WR? I would in a HEARTBEAT. This was also his WORST stat year in the last 3 years. He has averaged a little over 84 catches, 1100 yards, and 4-6 TD's a year for the last 3 years. He is also the unquestioned #1 Target of the Jets.Stokely by contrast went CAREER last year. The only number that really sticks out is his TD number. Otherwise his 3 years prior to that...70 catches 900 yards 7TD's...FOR 3 YEARS TOTAL!!! Manning is NOT going to throw for 49 TD's again, 40 is a likley high water mark. With Harrison, Wayne, Clark, and Edge getting theirs, Stokely is fighting for his Colts piece of the pie. I was simply making a friendly wager...I'll repeat...Give me Anderson and Coles.U take All other Denver RB's and Stokely.After the season LETS SEE WHO HAS MORE POINTS!!!!That's all I am saying.

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

PupstaA Buffalo fan eh?Your S T U D RB sat behind Portis AND Gore at the U!!!How has he been?
yeah, and if i'm not mistaken, he had a year of starting under his belt, no? i remember him crushing my gators, that's for sure. i know the barry sanders/thurman thomas stuff, i'm just saying that it's a LOT to ask of ronnie brown to step into a TERRIBLE team and carry them to mediocrity.personally, i think they made the wrong choice in ronnie brown...i would have taken cedric benson, because i believe they need someone that can 100% no doubt step in right away and perform. chicago got a steal with benson, imo.
God you like the bills and the gators??? Canes own UF at least. Benson is a hard nosed runner but he does not have Brown's hands. The Dolphins picked brown because they thought the 3 top 5 RBs were about equal except that Brown was the best pass catcher.Plus, Benson has more wear and tear on him than any RB in this year's rookie class. I dont trust guys who had to carry the ball that much in college. I think you are way off on this one and that the Dolphins made the correct, safe pick.to Vick: RB is not necessarily the position with the highest first round success rate. William Green is a good recent example. Butch Davis should have known better and taken Portis.RB is more known as a position where late round steals can be had. I would say whoever got Faison from UF got a steal. I like him a lot.The non-bust positions in my view are usually CB and OL. It is very rare that a corner or a tackle get taken in the top 5 and bust (except tony mandarich of course.)QB has the most busts followed by WR. DT and LB are fairly reliable.RB is somehwere in the middle. Especially because of the tendency for running backs to get hurt a lot. (see Carter, Ki-Jana)
JeffU sure? I think its the other way around. McGahee tore it up in HS and then in the Fiesta Bowl. Gore, if I remember, was 2nd behind Portis and then he got hurt.I could be very wrong however.
gore got hurt, mcgahee stepped in and showed he was all that and a bag of chips, and stayed ahead of gore even once gore was healthy, if i'm not mistaken
When both McGahee and Gore were freshman, Portis was the starter. That was the 2001 title team (one of the 3 best collge football teams of all time in my opinion....the NFL draft backs me up too).Gore was THE BEST FRESHMAN RUNNING BACK I had ever seen at the time. (Adrian Peterson was better)He averaged 9.1 yards per carry as a frosh....thats just SICK. at the time I though he might be the best player to play at miami period.Meanwhile McGahee was languishing in 3rd and it was well known around the Miami program that Portis and his trash talking was TOTALLY in Mcgahee's head. Then in 2002 before the season, Gore blew out his knee. (I am still devastated about this....I truly think Gore would have been an all-time great if he never starts blowing out knees) McGahee stepped up and with portis gone to the NFL he finally started to realize his own massive potential. He racked up 200+ yards in the Swamp in his first big start and never looked back. Gore rehabbed but they didnt need him in 2002 since McGahee was off the charts.Then after 2002 McGahee left for the NFL after his own horrific knee injury in the Fiesta bowl and Gore resumed the starter's spot.
Man this thread move quick!!! LOLDolfanAverage defense' date=' horrible O-line, decent veteran QB or improved younger QB, good running backs, good receivers and TE, average special teams. [/b']On a scale of 1-5 your team by your own admission is..defense-3O-Line-1QB-2RB-4WR/TE-4 ST-3U have no line to block for your "good" RB/WR's and u think u may get 5-8 wins?My rankings of your teamDefense-3O-Line-1QB-1 (You have the WORST Starting QB in the NFL besides the Bears!!!)RB-4WR/TE-2 (There are at least 10-15 teams w/o thinking who have better recieving corps. Chambers is barely a #1 and Boston and Booker are 1 year wonders)Drink the Kool-Aid, but you will be extremely lucky to hit 5 wins.The Dolphins are better across the board than you give them credit for. The Defense is a 4 and the WR/TE is at least a 3. Chambers IS a #1 (not his fault the QBs are AWFUL) and booker/boston is a good 2/3 combo plus Randy McMichael is one of the better TEs in the league when he is not smacking his wife around.However, you got one thing right. With Feeley involved we have the worst starting QB in the league. Easily. And thats the thing. it doesnt matter how good the other offensive positions are. (doesnt help the OL kills Feeley as well) Quarterbacks dont necessarily win you games but they lose you games very easily.Thats why if the dolphins want to be competitive they will start Frerotte who will be just steady enough to get them 6 wins.Therefore, it is in their best interests to start Feeley and then get Leinart next spring. I hate it but it just is. They will never win a super bowl or even reach the playoffs with either QB.

CanebrainThanks for bringing your knowledge of the "U"! You are dead on about the whole Portis, Gore, McGahee argument. That was how I remembered it, but Jeff had me 2nd guessing myself...dam.n u Jeff!!!As for your RB theory...here are the 1st round RB's over the last 5 years.2004JacksonJonesPerryJackson and Jones are starters and Perry is tbd.2003McGaheeLarry JohnsonMcgahee is a Stud and Johnson was a monster in relief of Holems last year.2002TJ DuckettWilliam GreenGreen is a bust for sure and Duckett is a borderline bust.2001LTDeuceMichael BennettLT is on his way to the Hall of Fame thus far and Deuce is a stud. Bennett has been a bust because of health, but he did have a good year when he was healthy.2000LewisT. JonesDayneAlexanderCanidateLewis and Alexander are Pro Bowlers. Jones had moments last year but is a bust. Canidate is not a bust...HE SHOULDN'T HAVE BEEN A 1ST ROUNDER!!!! Most teams had him as a 3rd rounder. Dayne is a monumental bust.So...StudsLewisAlexanderDeuceLTMcGaheeSo Far So GoodK JonesJacksonL JohnsonOK but not 1st roundersT JonesDuckettBennettBustsGreenBennettDayneCanidateTBDPerrySo I see 5/15 being Pro Bowl Caliber ( 1/3)I see 4/14 being busts (Less than 1/3)and 7/15 being either on their way, OK, or tbd.I think K Jones and Jackson will find their way into the top 1/3.So maybe I was wrong on my original thought. However with 1/3 being Pro Bowl that ratio is decent at worst. If I am right and Jones and Jackson play their way into that top group then it's almost 1/2 Pro Bowl level. OK...I am officially tired of doing research!!!

God you like the bills and the gators??? Canes own UF at least. Benson is a hard nosed runner but he does not have Brown's hands. The Dolphins picked brown because they thought the 3 top 5 RBs were about equal except that Brown was the best pass catcher.Plus, Benson has more wear and tear on him than any RB in this year's rookie class. I dont trust guys who had to carry the ball that much in college. I think you are way off on this one and that the Dolphins made the correct, safe pick.to Vick: RB is not necessarily the position with the highest first round success rate. William Green is a good recent example. Butch Davis should have known better and taken Portis.RB is more known as a position where late round steals can be had. I would say whoever got Faison from UF got a steal. I like him a lot.The non-bust positions in my view are usually CB and OL. It is very rare that a corner or a tackle get taken in the top 5 and bust (except tony mandarich of course.)QB has the most busts followed by WR. DT and LB are fairly reliable.RB is somehwere in the middle. Especially because of the tendency for running backs to get hurt a lot. (see Carter, Ki-Jana)
first off, yes, i'm a gator...lived pretty much my entire life in gainesville. agreed on ciatrick fason, especially with the team that drafted him (minnesota) because he has enough skilled RBs to observe and learn from, and he doesn't have to contribute right away (see brown, ronnie; benson, cedric, williams, carnell) :Ptime will tell on brown/benson, but i think benson is definitely the 'safe' pick, if there was one.