folded to victory on absolute

Not sure what just happened.Playing in a $5 w/ rebuys on absolute. Player Brian is dominating with 2 tables left, i'm 2nd in chips. He proceeds to knock out probably 12 of the final 16 players. We get down to heads up, he has a huge chip lead almost 450,000 to 90,000. WE battle it out HU for about 40 hands and I work my way up to 250,000 in chips. Next hand I pick up QQ and take down a 80,000 chip pot and take the lead. Then he just leaves and gets blinded out...Took home my 2nd win in as many weeks. Just couldn't figure it out though. He was playing really well, then just up and leaves after I make my comeback? Anybody ever have this happen?? I'll post hand histories if no one believes me...lol?????1st payed $4402nd payed $292

I feel for brian. He probably got pee'ed off and left.I played in a S n G the other day, down to the last 6 guys, i knock out 4, and i'm heads up with a short stack weiner.I get a piece of the flop., middle pair i think., I push him all in.. he called with nothing, but Q high. and he hit a runner runner flush.ok. w.e. well that sort of crap continued until i became short stacked and had to push with A,x and lose to his garbage again.

Guest Anonymous
I feel for brian. He probably got pee'ed off and left.I played in a S n G the other day, down to the last 6 guys, i knock out 4, and i'm heads up with a short stack weiner.I get a piece of the flop., middle pair i think., I push him all in.. he called with nothing, but Q high. and he hit a runner runner flush.ok. w.e. well that sort of crap continued until i became short stacked and had to push with A,x and lose to his garbage again.
There is a bad beat forum.
There is also a thread talking about a guy who won a MTT cuz he made a miracle come back against the chip leader.hmm. wait a second, thats this thread. I think its safe to say my reply belongs here, and does not needs its own thread started.
Guest Anonymous
There is also a thread talking about a guy who won a MTT cuz he made a miracle come back against the chip leader.hmm. wait a second, thats this thread. I think its safe to say my reply belongs here, and does not needs its own thread started.
Your SnG experience does not have any relevance to this, but I'm glad you got to vent and feel better. If you don't want to use the bad beat forum next time, then I don't really care if you use this BB properly or not. Just trying to show you around the place.As for the absolute tournament, if the guy eliminated 12 people in such a short span, maybe he was just desperately trying to finish things up because he had to leave, and was going all in like crazy. Seems more likely than him just getting frustrated and walking away while heads up.
Your SnG experience does not have any relevance to this, but I'm glad you got to vent and feel better. If you don't want to use the bad beat forum next time, then I don't really care if you use this BB properly or not. Just trying to show you around the place.As for the absolute tournament, if the guy eliminated 12 people in such a short span, maybe he was just desperately trying to finish things up because he had to leave, and was going all in like crazy. Seems more likely than him just getting frustrated and walking away while heads up.
Who peed in your Cheerios this morning??
Your SnG experience does not have any relevance to this, .
How do u figure?I was comparing the notion that Brian might have thought, "this is a Jopke" similar to how my S n G ended.But of course, why woudl anyone just get up and leave. So it must have been some sort of connection issue or something.P.S., S n G's function very similar to MTT's. The two can be compared.
Guest Anonymous
Your SnG experience does not have any relevance to this, .
How do u figure?I was comparing the notion that Brian might have thought, "this is a Jopke" similar to how my S n G ended.But of course, why woudl anyone just get up and leave. So it must have been some sort of connection issue or something.P.S., S n G's function very similar to MTT's. The two can be compared.
Yes, but you did not get up and leave your SnG, which is the point of this thread.Want me to list all the times I was frustrated playing poker?Of course not, its not relevant. If I want to b!tch that's what the bad beat forum is for.Anyways, congrats on the win OP. In retrospect, why care about why he left?

Looks like the Jackel get's a woody every time Royal posts....maybe it's Royals avatar...or maybe the Jackel wants Royal.....not sure which yet.

Good to see someone with three hundred and some posts is "just trying to show you around the place" for someone with well over two thousand posts. Nice goin Jackal. If you play cards like you post (without paying any attention to the facts laid out in front of you) I would love to take you on in 5k heads up on PS. Let me know

Sorry to barge in, but I heard something about free site tours? I love those things! Where do I sign up?
Ya, I guess I need a free tour. I was under the impression that a lot of people post replies with their own personal stories. Rather then starting hundreds of different threads.Now if only there was a place that i could post strategy questions, boy would that be sweet
Guest Anonymous
Good to see someone with three hundred and some posts is "just trying to show you around the place" for someone with well over two thousand posts. Nice goin Jackal. If you play cards like you post (without paying any attention to the facts laid out in front of you) I would love to take you on in 5k heads up on PS. Let me know
I hear using PokerPal (which you can buy online for only $50) its possible to see the community cards before they're dealt on Stars. Is that why you want to play there?
I hear using PokerPal (which you can buy online for only $50) its possible to see the community cards before they're dealt on Stars. Is that why you want to play there?
My breakfast western sandwich - $3.85Bills paid this morning - $54.60Watching the Jackal use a now useless and dying thread in an attempt to be witty . - Priceless.There are some things money can buy, but humour is not one
Looks like the Jackel get's a woody every time Royal posts....maybe it's Royals avatar...or maybe the Jackel wants Royal.....not sure which yet.
First of all, Royal is my property, prison style. Secondly, TheJackal is either attempting to push buttons or be funny. Unsuccessful on both accounts.
First of all, Royal is my property, prison style. Secondly, TheJackal is either attempting to push buttons or be funny. Unsuccessful on both accounts.
Yes sir.
ya, what he said!
Hey Mex, how do you get on that list?

this thread annoyed me so much, I just had to register.my impressions of this thread (if you manage to get past the part that says '1post'):Royal Tour's reply has no relevance to the situation and only serves his own selfish purposes (venting), while doing the original poster a disservice by focusing the thread on himselfnot a huge dealm and yes, it could be just let go, but the Jackal decides to call him on itRoyal Tour is too proud or stubborn to admit that the Jackal is rightActually, Royal Tour has more posts so he is always right because it is safer and easier to support the guys with more posts and pile on the other guyFor some reason 'quantity' = status here and people have no shame and kiss up to the heavy postersIf you don't like someone's post you can just challenge him to a high stakes game, because that will somehow prove something... at least what a big man you are, that you will play for $5K (or at least talk about it)The Jackal is personally insulted because that is the only other way meatheads know how to pile on and show how cool they arethe new guy is flamed by the knobs in in this thread (stay tuned)

Hey Mex, how do you get on that list?
Cash. Or a tiny Johnson because I have delicate bowels.As for Verbal Kint, I appreciate the name for obvious reasons. But you ask why someone would blindly support someone b/c of their post count. It's called blind loyalty for the relationships that are built on common interests through reading lots of posts and responding to each other. That and Royal and I are lovers. Hand me the keys you ****1ng c0cksucker.