Hello all,Just wanted to weigh in on the fcp logo now adorning thousands of what will be unsold t-shirts. Yeah I'm bitter, big-time. You know what the logo looks like? It looks like someone had a contest to design a logo and then the guy in charge who knows very little about design picked his/her favorite. Here’s my prediction, ok, you'll sell a few shirts at first to all the die hard Negreanu fans, and then that will be the end of that, it will not be a revenue stream for Mr. Negreanu (who I have the utmost respect for as a poker player, writer, and restaurant critic). When people see other people wearing those shirts they aren’t going to say, "Oh that shirt is dope as hell" and go out and buy one (which is what you want to happen if you're into little things like making a profit). I actually was considering buying one, until I saw it, I figured ok it has to be sweet since it beat my design, and I didn’t even make it into the final 5 or whatever; by the way, I would have schooled you all in the freeze-outs, and possibly 8-ball. Anyway, yeah I'm a little steamed, as you can tell. I don’t mean to rip, but look, it’s the truth. I know I’m being a big-time sore loser but I was ready to wave the white flag, suck up and accept defeat until I saw the shirts. I can accept one slap in the face (not winning) but two slaps, no no no! It’s strange too, because I know Mr. Negreanu has great fashion sense judging by what he wears and what he buys (see the blog).Mr. Negreanu I think you need someone to head up your merchandising dept., and I really think that person should be me. I'll work on straight commission, we can get into exact numbers later, but look, I admit, I have no merchandising experience, but I will blow the shit out of this stuff, in two years you'll be making more money with merchandise than playing poker. Yes, you're going through the motions now with your DVD project, Stacked, and the shirts, but what you need is some quality assurance to mitigate the risk of your brand being devalued by anything lower than first rate products.I hope you'll take the time to seriously consider this, even though it may seem jocular in nature, I assure you I am dead serious and seriously unemployed.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow... you bitch more than me. And thats pretty fucking bad. rofl.You should see the hats. They're fucking dope. A day hasn't gone by since I got back from Vegas that I don't wear that thing.

Ohhh...Thanks for losing by the way. Definatley cool that you lost and I didn't... you didn't get to go to vegas, and I did. Definatley cool. Thanks for being a donk.On a more serious note... relax. If you don't like the shirts, don't buy them.1) You won't make Daniel more than he already makes by selling shirts.2) No, just because you have ambition doesn't mean you are better than who he already has.3) cry more.

He submitted a logo without a single post to his resume? EVERYONE knows that you had to have a significant post count to be considered! If Smash had entered anything more than a neon haired dog barking "FCP, FCP, FCP" he would have been a shoe in.

Think smoothcall is an idiot but he does have some good-points.The shirts look pretty cheap........like going to an amusementpark and getting an iron on.I wish Daniel luck but with the crappy Poker Chips (basicallya sticker in the middle of the usual chip) and this, maybe his merchandisedoes need help.......Not that it matters with Daniel's money but ask Josh Arieh how many ofhis crappy shirts did he sell?

If the OP can tell me the four P's of marketing WITHOUT using google, I will retract my statement and actually say.... for the first time ever... "I'm sorry"But... really this is unfair. I know he doesn't know...and if he does... he used google... so..... im never saying sorry.just rambling about, talking my "smack" :club:

I think the merchandise looked alright (I saw it in person, and have a hat) -- it's a pretty simple design. Would I liked to have seen my logo on the hat and shirt instead? Well, of course! :club: But... I'm selling a few of my own shirt designs online at www.PokerSharkBrand.com -- check it out if you're in the market for a poker shirt.

If the OP can tell me the four P's of marketing WITHOUT using google, I will retract my statement and actually say.... for the first time ever... "I'm sorry"But... really this is unfair. I know he doesn't know...and if he does... he used google... so..... im never saying sorry.just rambling about, talking my "smack" :club:
Oh, i know, i know, pick me.........thats right kids, waste your money on an MBA and you can answer snappy internet questions like this.

Wow.....how dissapointing....those shirts are ugly as hell......The hat might be a different story though....As for the chips.....those are the same crappy ass chips that everybody else sells...they are garbage....they are in fact the same chip as Hellmuth sells....If Daniel wanted a top notch chip made for him...it would have cost him about .75 cents each for 100,000 chips....and he could have retailed them for $1 a piece and the market would have been very exclusive to those that know.....But that chip is mass market Bullshat.The merchandise overall is garbage.Still interested in a Hat though....

Oh, i know, i know, pick me.........thats right kids, waste your money on an MBA and you can answer snappy internet questions like this.
Aren't they up to 7 P's of Marketing now?? :-)

Oh, i know, i know, pick me.........thats right kids, waste your money on an MBA and you can answer snappy internet questions like this.:lol:MBA? Sheyott boy, I learned that in Principles of Sales.... psssh.... sophmore year. fool.:club:

I think the merchandise looked alright (I saw it in person, and have a hat) -- it's a pretty simple design. Would I liked to have seen my logo on the hat and shirt instead? Well, of course! :club: But... I'm selling a few of my own shirt designs online at www.PokerSharkBrand.com -- check it out if you're in the market for a poker shirt.
These shirts are pretty cool, I will seriously consider purchasing.
Hello all,A BUNCH OF BULLSH1T
First off.. Your design sucked bad. Second off, The winning logo is very cool.The shirts are simple. The first ones they are selling. Brand recognition is key here. If they start to sell, and people are buying into the FCP era, then they will pump out new improved gear.I have a sick orange Hat with the Logo., Its pretty pimp.P.S., i'm getting smoothballs, gonna get some surgery done to have these babies smooth as eggs. Then i'm gonna hit the beach wearing some really high cut shorts, lookin for ball suckers.[/i]
Hello all,A BUNCH OF BULLSH1T
First off.. Your design sucked bad. Second off, The winning logo is very cool.The shirts are simple. The first ones they are selling. Brand recognition is key here. If they start to sell, and people are buying into the FCP era, then they will pump out new improved gear.I have a sick orange Hat with the Logo., Its pretty pimp.P.S., i'm getting smoothballs, gonna get some surgery done to have these babies smooth as eggs. Then i'm gonna hit the beach wearing some really high cut shorts, lookin for ball suckers.[/i]
hahahhaha that thing is hilarious."My Son is BAD!.... I mean he is one bad ass mother ******. he came home the other day, and he brought me this necklace he made out of green macaroni..... he made a necklace out of green macaroni and he gave it to me! that really touched me you know? I started getting all teary-eyed and stuff..... so he asks me."Why are you sad daddy?"and I say to him "Oh, I'm not sad.... I know you're a little too young to understand this son but...YOU USED TO LIVE IN MY BALLS DUDE!"