what do you say when you suck out?

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the best way to go about the whole issue is just not to say anything. If bad player allowed you to catch one of your outs by not betting enough to deny you proper odds to call and thinks that you unjustly sucked out on him, explaining how you were mathematically sound to call most likely won't mean anything to him. If you do indeed make a mistake by believing you have odds due to a bad read on an opponent's hand and do end up getting lucky after a bad call, saying something to defend your actions will only make your opponent more angry most of the time. Best bet is to just keep quiet and move on to the next hand.
This is a well thought out, carefully considered, clear and concise, mature response.Please don't post here again.

i dont remember the exact cards or situation, but a few months ago elkang and I were at a $6/$12 table at the Tropicana. Some guy had like a fullhouse and the only possible way elkang could win this pot was with a Queen of diamonds for the straight flush. He calls it outloud before the river is flopped and says "Queen of Diamonds!" Then the Queen of diamonds is flipped giving elkang the straight flush. He exclaims "I knew it!! I called it! thats the second time I've called the exact card on the river! Its kinds like Daniel Negreanu did that one time, do you remember that man?"LOL you will have to call elkang in here to get his side of the story, because I dont remember what the other guy had and hell elkang may have even been ahead before the river. I just remember him calling the Queen of Diamonds for the straight flush and then comparing his savant like abilities to Daniel Negreanu :club:

lol. You guys see the first 2005 WSOP circut event w/ Harman?I've taken that guys "Good laydown?" tactic under my wing. It' fun.The best thing about sucking out on an opponent is that it gives you a loose, agressive image... which is the one I strive for. I really don't make a big sharade after I "sucked out" on someone. If they are going to continue to give me free cards... why stop it?Being tabbed as a loose agressive player puts players on edge enough when they are in a hand with you... so there is really no point in saying anything.-----------------One time though I did open my mouth. This guy I was playing with said something along the lines of "I'm waiting to take your chips" in between hands to me. Again, the byproduct of a loose image. Anyway, we get into a pot and I have A-K. Flop comes K-Q-blank. I bet and this guy moves all in. I call and he has Q-10.Turn - Q he actually smiledRiver - KI let him have it. "So, I thought you were going to take my chips? What happened???"He told me **** off! Lol's

I kind of sucked out today to when a tourney at my friends house, my friend had K10 headsup and raised, i raised all-in with AK and he called(i had him in chips), and i flop came J 10 5, turn 2 river Q, i sucked out. i said Yes cause i won, but then i said sorry for suckin out cause the kid played good the whole time and got sucked out on. He was pissed as hell i was just like, dude you cant blame me for going in with that he just said, yea i can understand.

I kind of sucked out today to when a tourney at my friends house, my friend had K10 headsup and raised, i raised all-in with AK and he called(i had him in chips), and i flop came J 10 5, turn 2 river Q, i sucked out. i said Yes cause i won, but then i said sorry for suckin out cause the kid played good the whole time and got sucked out on. He was censored as hell i was just like, dude you cant blame me for going in with that he just said, yea i can understand.
This is not a suck out.
I kind of sucked out today to when a tourney at my friends house, my friend had K10 headsup and raised, i raised all-in with AK and he called(i had him in chips), and i flop came J 10 5, turn 2 river Q, i sucked out. i said Yes cause i won, but then i said sorry for suckin out cause the kid played good the whole time and got sucked out on. He was censored as hell i was just like, dude you cant blame me for going in with that he just said, yea i can understand.
This is not a suck out.

when i suck out on someone for a big pot, the tony montana usually comes out in me:THATS RIGHT! YOU LIKE DAT! OKAY!! YOU WANNA ****WITH ME!? I ****IN TAKE YOUR ****IN BULLETS!! YOU ****IN WIT ME YOU ****IN WIT THE BEST!!then i usually get shot in the back and fall into the fountain outside the bellagio

If your goal is to tilt someone, check out tiltboys.com. Great site. Winning with 55 requires an abnoxious yell of "PRESTO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"Or even better, do the circle game with the guy you just raped. "The object is to form a circle with your finger and thumb out of somebody's line of vision and below the waist, and then somehow get him to look at it. If he does, you get to hit him on the shoulder."And when you hit him on the shoulder just to rub it in that your 72 hit quad 2's against his AA on the flop, use brass knuckles. Whew, .... talk about tilt......