what do you say when you suck out?

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Example___"Rafe: I'm going rock.Victim: Okay, then I'm going paper.Rafe: But you know that I wouldn't tell you the truth.Victim: You might if you think I won't believe you.Rafe: But I know you will compensate for that.Victim: Just go! (exasperated at Rafe's continued scrutiny for tells)Rafe: 1-2-3-<rock>Victim: <scissors>Rafe: (pocketing bet) You over-compensated."CHA-CHING!!" and "AI-YAAA!!"These expressions represent, respectively, a cash-register going off(which we use to denote any positive occurance, usually of a monetarynature) and the classic Bay-101 asian gambler's expression ofsurprise, shock, etc. (which we use to denote surprise, shock, etc.)"Excerpt taken from Phil Gordon's classic trip reports...Tilting always works best when you pre-syche your opp. Then rubbing it in with a bellow of victory just to finish off the kill.FATALITY! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

One more great tilting example and I promise I done. :club::D "I've got 6h 9h on the button. I call an 8-way pot for 1 bet, both blinds raise, so I call a 7 way pot for 3 bets. Flop: 5h 7c 8h. Betting: capped 6-way (5 bets). Bruce: very happy. Turn: 10c. Someone new bets, I raise. 4 people in for the 2 bets. (Turns out the preflop raisers flopped and turned top sets.) River: 9d. Winner holds: Js4s. Pot was: $800+. Winner says biligerently: "About time. I haven't hit for an hour." Bruce: on tilt."another beautiful example of how to tilt from the wonderful people of tiltboys.com : :shock: :shock: ok ok... i mean it... i'm really done :shock: :shock:

i usually say nothing...... but if its a guy i dont really like, then ill say something to try to get under his skin, something elementary like SHIP IT TO PAPA... then after a few sec's of raking his chips i try to turn back into a mature 28 yr old.........

I actually sucked out on someone in a $6-$12 game...I had pocket Queens and there it was an Ace right off the flop... it was check, check, check and I bet in late position and the old guy on the button raised, I raised back to represent AK and he capped it! HAHA! By this time I was tiliting so I called and turn came a Q, so we capped again! River was another ace and I just check, called his bet on the river in case he made a boat... He turned over A-7 and I took down a monster!! This guy told me I don't understand why you keep betting, it's only Queens. LOL!!! A-7 or QQ?

today i had 55 with 4 people left in a SnG and flop comes 56t no flush draw and the BB goes all-in i call and he flips over tt lucky for me a 5 came on the river and the only thing u can say to that is hahahah sry

"You really need to get yourself Pokerpal pro 5."
happy0198.gif
Thank gawd.I thought that was wasted.
Nah, everybody's scared to touch it. It's the "third rail" of FCP.
happy0198.gif
Heh, it's been beaten to death.But, I skillfully managed to salvage some funny out O' it.
happy0198.gif
Heh, it's been beaten to death.But, I skillfully managed to salvage some funny out O' it.
True dat.
U just gotta know how to work the mouse
very nice.i hope everyone got that.

I suppose it depends greatly on my temperment at the moment( I can be quite volatile.) how my night has gone, and who I sucked out on and how they played the hand. If they are some donkey who sucks out (and plays the hand poorly) on me, and I get revenge I'll often have a snide comment like "Take that, Luckbox!", if its a good player who I respect, I'll give them a fake apology and won't rub it in at all. If its a big pot I'll have some Mike Matusowesqe comment like"Vindication baby, Vindication!"

Actually, If someone really berates you after a bad beat, then they are either: a) A donkey themselves or B) an *******, either way they deserved the suckout and any verbage you want to throw their way. My friend usually says Uh, I really hate it about your luck, then laughs wildly. Or " Whew, I'm glad that didn't happen to me!!"When Phil Helmuth apologized to Johnny Chan after a suckout, the classy Chan responded "hey, you put your money in"

Barry Greenstein gives a good line in his book An ace on the river, "Stick around. I make worse plays than that one."