top 5 tells - easy tells???

hand to face / mouth when bluffing
can or cannot mean bluffing. there is scientific evidence to both support and desupport this. the thing is lots of good players do this all the time. so beware of this one as a bluff.
Agreed, it was just a generalization, but I find more players at lower limits have a pattern of what they do in certain situations, whether it be hands to the face or not.

When your first to act and the guy who is next to act starts to grab chips and acts like hes counting while your counting, like he is going to call you, he's trying to act strong and you can lead right out and bet and take the pot down....most of the time.

Leaning back from the table is a sign of strength.Alot of tells are different for different people. Just watch how they react pre-flop. In most home games I go to I can pick up tells on at least a few people there by watching how they react pre flop then taking that knowledge to post-flop action.

I would guess it really depends on the person and how well they can control themselves. I recently played a game of 1 / 2 NL where the gentleman next to me bluffed me out of a pot with an AQ high. After that the next big pot I was involved in with him he reacted the same exact way as the bluff (head down at chips, foot tapping, hands over his cards) so I figured he tried to pull a fast one on me again. Turns out he had quads. Guess you can't always rely on the physical tells.

Most valuable tell to spot is that of a bluffer. I would focus on trying to recognize those situations so you call down with middle pair and win yourself a nice pot or two.Caro says:Staring excessively long at the flop = weakStaring at you to intimidate = weakStaring at his cards excessively long = weakBetting outta turn to discourage action = weak (or newb/fish that is just a moron)Betting vigorously, pushing authoratatively = weakFriendly bettor = weakforced smile = weakAgain, you can focus on other stuff. But these are the tells that are worth the most $$$ if you call down with a marginal hand you would perhaps of otherwise folded. (remember though, weak could be top pair, crap kicker, so learn your players)EDIT: or as post above states, could mean quads. LOL. Remember, physcial tells are only a small percentage of what should be driving your final decision in a hand.

I had a guy at my home game that was winning everything. Every time he was called down, he had a big hand, so all everyone ever saw was his big hands. The general play at the table was weak, so everyone was commenting on how he always got all these great hands. We were in a pot near the end of the night where he made a substantial bet on the river and all I had was the pair of 3s on the board and a 2 in my hand making 3s and 2s. Basically all I could beat was a busted draw. I thought there was a reasonably likely chance he would make this play and I started talking to him."Man, you haven't bluffed all night." He shrugs"I haven't seen you bluff one time!""I never bluff"It was in his body language that I knew he didn't want me to call him. He couldn't talk as smoothly as usual and he just looked nervous. So I said, "I think you do bluff and you're bluffing now and I called and took the pot.

I'm a very calm guy, and don't get excited at the table by much, but if I've flopped the immortal nuts, my hand will start to shake and it takes some effort to stop it from doing so.
I'm glad to see other players admit to this. This is the one tell I know I have, when I get a hand that I know is an absolute lock, I start shaking like a leaf. Not normally much of a drinker, but the solution I've found to the problem is to keep just a bit of a buzz going when I play live, not enough to affect my play at all, but enough to keep my nervousness at bay when I hit a lock hand.