Raise every pot preflop where they don't go all in because either they won't play the hand or when they call and don't hit they'll fold?
...and the other 8 people at the table who aren't playing this stategy?If everyone BUT you were playing "The Smash Method" (patent pending) you could probably exploit it by playing more loosely and aggressively by picking up lots of smaller pots, but I don't think that's going to happen any time soon.
  • Replies 738
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I basically used "Smash method" when i first bought into party poker with 50$. I turned that 50$ into 350. When i started deviating from all in with kings, aces and sets i got bit in the ass.I went outside of my bankroll and hit up a 1,2NL 100$ max buyin. I saw pocket kings and raised big. This guy reraised and i went all in. He turns over AA and I lose 100$ or 1/3rd of my BR. It was stupid to say the least.The thing is this can work very well but when you start hitting your hands and there are no callers of your all-ins it becomes frustrating. You just have to be patient.

The system is not counterable, nor is it exploitable.The best you can do if someone is using it is to avoid playing hands with them. Fact is, that doesn't bother them since they're not worried about you anyway.Besides, playing this strategy correctly, you'll notice that you only see a flop about one in six hands or so. Since probably a third of the time everyone folds when you go all in anyway, how are you possibly going to figure out someone is using this strategy anyway?About the best you can tell is that someone goes all-in when they have a huge advantage.It doesn't immediately identify a 'smash-convert.' Seriously though, I played 1000 hands like this last night and only saw the flop for 180. I folded on the flop for probably 75-80% of those hands.So, that means that I played the flop maybe one out 25/30 hands.You mean to tell me that you can identify someone using this strategy when they only stay in a hand once in three rounds?You might hit what, 75 hands an hour on a decent speed table?So if I play for 3 hours on one table, you'll see me in 10 hands.Five tabling that, and I'm against 39 other people that aren't you. I don't care if you DO know what I'm doing, because everyone else is dumping their money calling with second rate hands.I'll just keep taking money from the fish, and you can laugh and joke all you want to. Everybody wins.

Since probably a third of the time everyone folds when you go all in anyway, how are you possibly going to figure out someone is using this strategy anyway?
In the 800 hands I played last night, there were a few times were I did something retarded like check an overpair all the way to the river.That is a sign that someone is using this strategy or that they are braindead.

Personally, I'd like the other players at the table to think I'm braindead.Then they call my all-ins.Either way, it's good for me.I think you mistake that a large number of people even realize this strategy exists, much less are actively watching for it.Even then, there's nothing they can do to make money off of you.So who cares if one person at your table figures out what you're doing.I'm not making money off of the good players anyway.I'm making bank from the HUNDREDS of horrible fish that play low level NL Hold 'em.Besides, it gives me something to do while I'm watching TV and it's a welcome, money-making break from grinding 10/20 limit. Which is no less boring, since if you're playing right, it's pretty mechanical anyway.

Was poking around 2+2 and found this useful piece of advice:"When contemplating calling a raise because your position is good, you have a clear call if the raise is less than 5% of your stack, and a clear fold if it is more than 10%. In between those numbers, use your judgement." This come's from Bob Ciaffone's book on NL Hold'em.So if you were wondering how big of a raise you can call with your pocket pairs, this gives a rough guide. And remember to take into account the size of your opponent's stack.

OK, I have to admit, that I was joking around earlier in this thread.The JJ hand was real though.I actually did try this last night 4 tabling for about 4 hours. I was able to watch movies, talk on the phone and get my bills paid while playing.out of the nearly 1700 hands, I only got AA or KK thrice. I got called with the KK by a short stack who had 1/5th the buy-in, but I won.I made only 4 sets and got paid on 2 of them, doubling up once and tripling up another time.I deviated from the strategy 4 times. I raised with QQ preflop and got no callers. I raised with AJ suited on the button, 1 caller. Flop is J high, I bet he calls, turn J, I bet he raises, I reraise all-in, he calls and turns over a boat. I lost a buy-in playing KQ suited, can't remember the details, but it was clearly a deviation. I played the hand badly out of frustration from seeing soooo many hands and winning nothing for over an hour.I had many Ax suited, but only hit one flush and that was on the turn, got no action.The main thing that drove me nuts was how awful these people were playing, yet I couldn't take advantage of it at all. I folded tons of winning hands, lot's of AK and suited conntectors that would have won me huge pots.I lost 2 buy-ins from deviating from this strategy and paying like an idiot and the other 200 BB from limping, calling min raises with PP and missing the flop and blinding. Total for 1700 hands = -400 BBYou owe me a fucking pizza you dick, smash

hey guys 2 things: first thing, when i raise all in with 40 bucks into a 35 cent pot, and people comment about what an idiot you are... i like to tell them "pocket deuces...favourite hand" don't know if that helps get future calls or not. 2nd thing: i totally couldn't follow this strategy to a "t". i played all my suited connectors, and mostly AK hands, however folded all hands like KQ, QJ unsuited that i normally like to play. suited connectors i would only call min bet, or min raise though, never 3X BB... and i ended up making about 83 bucks from about 400 hands. (this is on 25NL with blinds being .10/.25) .... so yeah i am a donkey and don't know how to figure out my BB/100 a little help?
Yesterday I raised all in preflop a few times from the BB and showed hands like 72 and a4os. Then I cooled off for a little while and jammed someone when I had kings.

Has anyone else found UB tables to be too tight??? I am playing at 3 $10 tables and cant seem to get a call EVER on any push. I tried smaller bets but still no luck. If you have had luck on UB with this, at what level are you playing??I am starting to think I really need to put $$ into Empire or Party (same same), but I am up overall, turned flush vs a set, like 5 bux for 300ish hands. Thanks,Co-D

I didn't win that much using this strategy, but yet again I was playing on Absolute. :club: However there is nothing like flopping qq7 when you have 77 and getting someone with a queen call you.

I didn't win that much using this strategy, but yet again I was playing on Absolute. :club:
It's not the site, its the strat. This strat will win you money, just not as much as a skilled NL player can win. If you suck at NL, by all means incorporate this strat and you're br will grow.
WTFI'm ready to try this out, but my money is on stars and all of their low-limit NL tables are "no all-in", whatever that means. Guess I have to open a new account, reload at UB with no bonus or play higher.
That means no all in protection from being disconnect, you can go all in thats why it is NLHE.

Uh... the whole point of this "system" is to push the nuts, and give yourself "more" chances get the nuts.If you really think Smash plays it exactly how he's described I have some poker cheating software to sell you.Want to make money every time at low stakes NLHE? PLAY TIGHT PUSH HUGE HANDS BECAUSE DONKEYS WILL CALL YOU- I don't exactly see how this is revolutionary.

hahhaha. i dont' care if you delete this thread or not, because once you identify someone using smash's strategy...it's CAKE to exploit Nope.This is, again, ego.You should plau 20k hands your way, and 20k hands this way and compare win rates.We all know you're not going to do that, though.Good luck.

Want to make money every time at low stakes NLHE? PLAY TIGHT PUSH HUGE HANDS BECAUSE DONKEYS WILL CALL YOU- I don't exactly see how this is revolutionary.It's not.The point of it is just to deonstrate that it takes no skill at all to beat NL. NL players below 5/10 are for the most part idots beatig a game that I can beat for a higher win rate with something this laughably simple.I just find it really amusing that they think they're any good at NL.That's the point.Good luck.

Addendum to Smash strategy:If you're at a NL table with another FCPer. He limps and then you limp with a small pocket pair.You hit bottom set on the flop. Other FCPer pushes. Well, you have to fold because you KNOW that he just hit middle or top set.

Smash, I'm following your strategy to the T, and after the 1st 750 hands I was down about $10 at the NL25 tables. I flopped the nut flush once, and no one called my all-in, and flopped a set probably 6 or 7 times with no one calling my all in. It seems to me the only thing holding me back from making money is the fact that I CAN'T GET ANY CALLERS.I've decided to switch things up a bit for this 750 hands. Instead of buying in for the full 25, I'm only buying in for 10 or 15 bucks. And since I'm only playing so few hands (which I think is the reason no one is calling, they recognize how tight I've been playing) I've decided to push with AKo and AKs. Sometimes everyone folds, and that makes me look reckless, but when they do call I'm rarely an underdog.So far I've tried this and I'm up. Of the four times I went all in, I've had a caller 3 times, actually four times if you count the multiway pot I've won. When you sit with less money they give you less credit for a hand. Anything wrong with this?Seems to be working stupid good.

Anything wrong with this? Aside from the fact that you made less money sitting short, no.They would have called full buy ins, too. Don't confuse the fact that you got calls today when you sat with less for cause and effect.Good luck.

Pushing with AKs an AKo seems to be a complete deviation from this strategy, which promotes the pushing on GIGANTIC edges and not little ones. If anyone calls you with QQ-99 you are not ahead, you're behind by 3-5%. I don't know why you want to flip coins for your WHOLE STACK in a CASH GAME. That is dumb. That's what horrible poker players like to do because they can't exploit edges postflop. If you are going to deviate from the strat outlined, do it in a smarter way.

im just doing a little math here. the odds of getting dealt a pocket pair are roughly 1/13 {1st hole card doesnt matter, with 13 different numbers in deck, second card needs to match first}the odds of flopping a set are 1/8so, u call the bb 1/13 times, and u only play the hand 1/8 of those times. that is 8*13. it will take u on average 104 big blinds to ever flop a set. most NL maxbuyins are 100x the big blind. how does this method work again? it is very possible to lose your entire buyin be4 u ever flop a set, and even then, u may not get any callers. not to mention all the big and small blinds u a losing as force ins.

im just doing a little math here. the odds of getting dealt a pocket pair are roughly 1/13 {1st hole card doesnt matter, with 13 different numbers in deck, second card needs to match first} the odds of flopping a set are 1/8 so, u call the bb 1/13 times, and u only play the hand 1/8 of those times. that is 8*13. it will take u on average 104 big blinds to ever flop a set. most NL maxbuyins are 100x the big blind. how does this method work again? it is very possible to lose your entire buyin be4 u ever flop a set, and even then, u may not get any callers. not to mention all the big and small blinds u a losing as force ins.
Wow...1. you get dealt pocket pair 1/17 hands2. you don't pay a big blind every handOther than that your logic is very sound... I can't wait to see you at the tables :lol:I also suggest you quit doing math

For the post about bottom set, someone replied to me earlier that you have to think twice about calling all-in (I guess whether you know the pusher or not).The only deviation I've considered is limping Kxs as well, since I've yet to flop an A-hi flush, but would've had 3 K-hi. I don't know the (any) math, would the risk be worse than with pushing kings preflop and running into aces? (Which I know has happened to a few, including me just recently. Luckily it was from a small stack and I didn't lose the whole buy-in.)

im just doing a little math here. .
actually, that is an overstatement.as has been stated above, you will flop a set (or better :wink: ) about one in every 130 hands.you will have a pocket pair every 17 hands since although your first card doesn't matter, there are only 3 of that rank remaining of the 51 cards for you to be dealt the second card (1/17).the likelihood of flopping a set is about 1 in 8, so 17*8 is 136. see some earlier posts for more precise math.now your math would not be "mind numblingly bat" except that while most NL games allow you for 100 times the big blind, you only have to put money into hands about twice every 10 hands (blinds) plus when you actually have a pocket pair or other Smash hand. so you are only putting money into about 3-4/10 hands, you will be able to see well over 130 or so hands before getting blinded out.Perhaps someone mathematically inclined might be so kind as to calculate the probability of getting blinded out before flopping a set or quads while only playing pocket pairs, paying big and small blinds, getting a pair every 17 hands, always seeing it for the minimum etc. i'm sure its extremely improbable, i'm just curious.