• Replies 738
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It wasnt working well for me in about the first 600-800 hands, but then I got some good calls. Ended up getting ~17bb/100 :-) Definitely a fun project to do while on a downswing. Helps out the br a bit too.PS, delete this thread.

I three tabled RVP for 2 hours doing it. Got an incredible amount of pp but didn't make one single set. Pushed 4 times with KK/AA and didn't get any callers. I believe I'll have to switch to pacific or party to get looser callers.

Correct me if I'm wrong but isnt this strategy also very similar to Phil Hellmuth's (yes I read the book I have to admit ashamed0003.gif). Doesnt he say when playing NL only play pocket pairs and AK preflop?It's been awhile since I read it but he also says to be very aggresive if connecting on the flop with these hands.Although I doubt he plays this way himself.

I tried it for a little bit. Table selection seemed important--looked for a full table of healthy stacks and flop%. I also like the idea of a pushing a shit hand all-in in position once in a while. What might be better for advertising, though, is pushing a hand like A3 instead of absolute garbage like T4. T4 all-in says you're a maniac. A3 says you're an idiot and I think people will be more willing to call for value, both pre-flop and when you hit your monsters.

Seriously, can we shut this thread down?After having actual comments like "are you just going to sit there and post?",I have a guy calling my AA all in with JJ.Shut the thread down, and don't let this insanity spread.I need it for my drunk leak.

sorry guys i know you want this thread to end but this hand made my day: i just got home from work, and this is the very first hand i got dealt:sfcmadman has left the table.0/0 Texas Hold'em Game Table (NL) - Tue Aug 16 08:14:09 EDT 2005Table Table 37446 (Real Money) -- Seat 9 is the buttonTotal number of players : 9Seat 1: ANKAN_71 ( $25.70)Seat 2: erathlos ( $55.75)Seat 3: LuckyDuckyy ( $43.35)Seat 4: webdriver711 ( $25)Seat 5: troyomac ( $25)Seat 6: chrizzk ( $24.75)Seat 7: genher ( $25)Seat 9: unconeys ( $31.50)Seat 10: wangxinzi ( $26.35)wangxinzi posts small blind (0.10)ANKAN_71 posts big blind (0.25)troyomac posts big blind (0.25)** Dealing down cards **Dealt to troyomac [ 4s, 4h ] erathlos calls (0.25)LuckyDuckyy calls (0.25)troyomac checks.chrizzk folds.genher folds.unconeys folds.wangxinzi calls (0.15)ANKAN_71 checks.** Dealing Flop ** : [ 4c, Kh, Jd ] wangxinzi checks.ANKAN_71 bets (0.25)erathlos raises (3) to 3LuckyDuckyy folds.troyomac raises (24.75) to 24.75troyomac is all-In.wangxinzi folds.ANKAN_71 folds.erathlos: hmm - interestingerathlos: two pairs or the tripleerathlos calls (21.75)** Dealing Turn ** : [ Ts ] ** Dealing River ** : [ 7s ] Creating Main Pot with $48.45 with troyomac** Summary **Main Pot: $48.45 | | Rake: $2.55Board: [ 4c Kh Jd Ts 7s ]ANKAN_71 balance $25.20, lost $0.50 (folded) erathlos balance $30.75, lost $25 [ Ks Qc ] [ a pair of kings -- Ks,Kh,Qc,Jd,Ts ]LuckyDuckyy balance $43.10, lost $0.25 (folded) webdriver711 balance $25, sits outtroyomac balance $48.45, bet $25, collected $48.45, net +$23.45 [ 4s 4h ] [ three of a kind, fours -- Kh,Jd,4s,4h,4c ]chrizzk balance $24.75, didn't bet (folded)genher balance $25, didn't bet (folded)bennybenster balance $25, sits outunconeys balance $31.50, didn't bet (folded)wangxinzi balance $26.10, lost $0.25 (folded) this guy KNOWS he's beat...goes into the tank until 1 second left...by this point i'm all but 100% sure he's folding...but no he makes the call :club:

Can we please delete this thread? I don't think any of us want this strategy to spread too quickly.If they forum admin doesn't this thread can we stop bumping this by posting on the thread where the strategy is listed?I know i just bumped this by responding but if people just want to post results of how this strategy worked for them, do it another thread where the strategy is not mentioned and refer to it as FCP NL results or something random like that.

If all you are playing poker for is to make money, then go right ahead and use this strategy. I'm sure that you will make money with ease at most low limit games. You won't be playing poker but that is fine, it isn't your goal to be playing poker, it's your goal to make money.
The object of poker is to make money. The player that wins the most is the best.But hey, come to my table and play great and give me your money. You'll think you played great, I won your money. Win/win.

I 3- and 4-tabled last night using this strategy.But I wasn't hitting very often and couldn't get a call when I did.For 809 hands, I had 59 pocket pairs (a little above average).I had AA 0 times and KK 8 times.Pushed KK preflop each time, and was called once and I won.I had 51 pocket pairs QQ-22. I only saw the flop with 43 of these.Of the 43 times I saw a flop with QQ-22, I flopped 4 sets.Only once, however, did someone call my flop push, and they had a higher set.So after 809 hands, I'm down $38.85 or (9.60)BB/100.

Down with the thread!!Hey everyone, this strategy is a jopke. It's whole purpose was to see how many people would jump on the bandwagon and play along. How many fish can we hook with this.You will play hours and hours any never really get anywhere.Okay, smash it's time to let the cat out of the bag, you've had your fun.

hahhaha. i dont' care if you delete this thread or not, because once you identify someone using smash's strategy...it's CAKE to exploit it.i caught someone using it on one of my tables last night and took alllll their money.well not all of it, but it's like seeing their hole cards.cake.everyone use smash's strategy.

hahhaha. i dont' care if you delete this thread or not, because once you identify someone using smash's strategy...it's CAKE to exploit it.i caught someone using it on one of my tables last night and took alllll their money.well not all of it, but it's like seeing their hole cards.cake.everyone use smash's strategy.
I'd like to know how you plan to extract money from someone only playing the absolute premium hands and putting their dough in when they have the best of it. Do you plan to suckout with your pattern mapper?
I'd like to know how you plan to extract money from someone only playing the absolute premium hands and putting their dough in when they have the best of it. Do you plan to suckout with your pattern mapper?
Raise every pot preflop where they don't go all in because either they won't play the hand or when they call and don't hit they'll fold?
Raise every pot preflop where they don't go all in because either they won't play the hand or when they call and don't hit they'll fold?
OK you raise every single pot that I enter in with a pocket pair and we'll see who wins in the long run. You really happy to raise pre-flop with 72o? OK, sounds great. See you on the felt.
OK you raise every single pot that I enter in with a pocket pair and we'll see who wins in the long run. You really happy to raise pre-flop with 72o? OK, sounds great. See you on the felt.
Where did I say play every hand?

PokerStars Game #2351620230: Hold'em No Limit ($0.01/$0.02) - 2005/08/16 - 12:40:56 (ET)Table 'Antilia V' Seat #7 is the buttonSeat 1: pushpam ($4.71 in chips) Seat 2: cirklmast3r ($2.97 in chips) Seat 3: Gamblinggina ($4.71 in chips) Seat 4: totyi ($2.83 in chips) Seat 5: Sweft ($4.40 in chips) Seat 7: drew789 ($4.82 in chips) mtmr will be allowed to play after the buttonPeteDaut will be allowed to play after the buttonpushpam: posts small blind $0.01cirklmast3r: posts big blind $0.02*** HOLE CARDS ***Dealt to Sweft [Qc Qd]Gamblinggina: calls $0.02totyi: folds Sweft: calls $0.02drew789: calls $0.02pushpam: raises $0.10 to $0.12cirklmast3r: folds Gamblinggina: folds Sweft: calls $0.10drew789: folds *** FLOP *** [3c Ac Qs]pushpam: bets $0.16Sweft: raises $4.12 to $4.28 and is all-inpushpam: calls $4.12*** TURN *** [3c Ac Qs] [4s]*** RIVER *** [3c Ac Qs 4s] [4h]*** SHOW DOWN ***pushpam: shows [Ah Ks] (two pair, Aces and Fours)Sweft: shows [Qc Qd] (a full house, Queens full of Fours)Sweft collected $8.46 from pot*** SUMMARY ***Total pot $8.86 | Rake $0.40 Board [3c Ac Qs 4s 4h]Seat 1: pushpam (small blind) showed [Ah Ks] and lost with two pair, Aces and FoursSeat 2: cirklmast3r (big blind) folded before FlopSeat 3: Gamblinggina folded before FlopSeat 4: totyi folded before Flop (didn't bet)Seat 5: Sweft showed [Qc Qd] and won ($8.46) with a full house, Queens full of FoursSeat 7: drew789 (button) folded before FlopI think the point is that you want AQ to call a KK preflop. That is perfect for you since you are such a huge favorite.

Two-tabled Bodog .50/$1 $100NL last night for an hour - I was very tired so a perfect time to try it out.Only had two hands where I pushed. Limped with 5's - flop is 10 7 5 rainbow. So I push and someone actually calls with 10 9o! Double up stack.2nd hand; I limp from BB with QJo. Flop a straight. Push - the two other players in the pot fold laughing at my overbet of the pot and ask "Do you know how to play poker?".Limped twice with Q's and once with J's; hands I would normally raise.Up $70 for the hour.

Where did I say play every hand?
So your great plan to counter this would be to only raise pots on the rare occasion that I enter a hand AND that you have a hand worth raising?How does this counter the "system" again?
If I'm playing someone using this strategy and we're heads up or in a small multiway in the hand and I have a playable hand I'll raise the pot preflop. For every miss I gain bets and if they hit their set I know they'll go all in and can get away. If someone is folding Queens on a ragged flop because they didn't set the range of playable hands increases. If anyone wants to avoid people doing this system try playing more 6 max tables since the blinds will come around faster most using the system will probably avoid them.