okay, this could be the most I've laughed playing cards in a long time. Just hit a set of fours and doubled through again. I've got three tables going, so at least I have something to do.

• Replies 738
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Smash do you have a multiple computers set up next to eachother to play the max. tables at multiple sites? Just seems like the obvious thing to do with this strat. Sounds like a great concept to me though, i know how bad most nl players are.I make a lot more money playing Limit.NL is for buffalo.:club:

Well, this hasn't been completely boring. At least I've seen a few players donk up their hands:Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $ BB (9 handed) converterMP1 ($30.05)econ_tim ($23.65)MP3 ($3.55)CO ($24.10)Button ($43.69)SB ($32.35)BB ($42.80)UTG ($23.50)UTG+1 ($59.20)Preflop: econ_tim is MP2 with [2d], [2s]. SB posts a blind of $0.10. 3 folds, econ_tim folds, CO folds, Button calls $1.75.Flop: ($8.25) [Qh], [Qc], [5d] (2 players)SB bets $4, Button calls $4.Turn: ($32.25) [Ks] (2 players)SB bets $8, Button calls $8.River: ($48.25) [6h] (2 players)SB bets $8.6, Button folds.Final Pot: $56.85SB shows [ Ad, As ]WTF was the Button doing? And WTF was the SB doing?

Again, how do you play sets on danger flops? Example: 5 limpers and flop is 9TJ with you holding 99 or a all suited flop. Treat it like a nut flush draw?I am assuming so but would like some verification. Until then, I will continue to call small raises and draw to a full house.

Question.Since the main strategy of this system is to conserve chips and push your big advantages...do you fold your SB if it's not one of the premium hands in an unraised pot? And if not - say you have 7 4 offsuit and the flop comes 7 7 K, do you push then (with trips and not a set)?
Bumping this question.

Again, how do you play sets on danger flops? Example: 5 limpers and flop is 9TJ with you holding 99 or a all suited flop. Treat it like a nut flush draw? Draw cheaply to the full house and if you hit it move in. If there's lots of action on the flop and you think you're beat, fold.Fortunately for us, though, most NL players will slow play a flopped straight or flush and let us draw cheaply to the FH and then call our all in :)Good luck.

so i load up 3 tables at party to give this a spin. after one hour i was dealt pockets 17 times, not once getting AA or KK, not once flopping a set. dealt Ax suited 10 times, never hitting a flush. finally i get AA and get ready to push first in, but it will only allow me to raise the pot! AAARGH i sat at a PL table..NOOOOOOO!!i still got the best of it...***** Hand History for Game 2541352700 *****0/0 Texas Hold'em Game Table (PL) - Mon Aug 15 20:08:16 EDT 2005Table Table 36561 (Real Money) -- Seat 9 is the buttonTotal number of players : 10Seat 1: will_ ( $63.65)Seat 2: Aremzac ( $35.35)Seat 3: MrNoLimitMan ( $81.25)Seat 4: scoots_mc ( $49.83)Seat 5: kcarlson45 ( $42.15)Seat 6: MrFabulous ( $71.05)Seat 7: crocket44 ( $122.12)Seat 8: jrzgyjeff ( $29.75)Seat 9: Johnny5_0 ( $53.90)Seat 10: LionPalace ( $81.15)LionPalace posts small blind (0.25)will_ posts big blind (0.50)** Dealing down cards **Dealt to scoots_mc [ As, Ac ] Aremzac folds.MrNoLimitMan folds.scoots_mc raises (1.75) to 1.75kcarlson45 raises (3) to 3MrFabulous folds.crocket44 folds.jrzgyjeff calls (3)Johnny5_0 folds.LionPalace folds.will_ folds.scoots_mc raises (11) to 12.75kcarlson45 calls (9.75)jrzgyjeff folds.** Dealing Flop ** : [ 5s, Ks, 9s ] scoots_mc bets (27.80)kcarlson45 raises (29.40) to 29.40kcarlson45 is all-In.scoots_mc calls (1.60)** Dealing Turn ** : [ 6d ] ** Dealing River ** : [ 8s ] Creating Main Pot with $85.05 with kcarlson45** Summary **Main Pot: $85.05 | | Rake: $3Board: [ 5s Ks 9s 6d 8s ]will_ balance $63.15, lost $0.50 (folded) Aremzac balance $35.35, didn't bet (folded)MrNoLimitMan balance $81.25, didn't bet (folded)scoots_mc balance $92.73, bet $42.15, collected $85.05, net +$42.90 [ As Ac ] [ a flush, ace high -- As,Ks,9s,8s,5s ]kcarlson45 balance $0, lost $42.15 [ Td Th ] [ a pair of tens -- Ks,Td,Th,9s,8s ]MrFabulous balance $71.05, didn't bet (folded)crocket44 balance $122.12, didn't bet (folded)jrzgyjeff balance $26.75, lost $3 (folded) Johnny5_0 balance $53.90, didn't bet (folded)LionPalace balance $80.90, lost $0.25 (folded)

Since the main strategy of this system is to conserve chips and push your big advantages...do you fold your SB if it's not one of the premium hands in an unraised pot?Yes.Also fold the BB unless you flop a full house or the nut straight or quads or something.In those rare cases, move in.You can see where I'm coming from here, right? Just avoid having to make any unclear decisions at all. It's a waste of time. Good luck.

NL is for buffalo.
Agreed. But i could never play nearly as many tables in limit. This might be worth a nice experiment though. I wonder how many tables i could manage at one time doing this. One more month and i'm just going to "live" at the local cardrooms, not much online play for me.
Since the main strategy of this system is to conserve chips and push your big advantages...do you fold your SB if it's not one of the premium hands in an unraised pot?Yes.Also fold the BB unless you flop a full house or the nut straight or quads or something.In those rare cases, move in.You can see where I'm coming from here, right? Just avoid having to make any unclear decisions at all. It's a waste of time. Good luck.
Yeah, I totally get it...just wondering if it was reasonable to see a flop in the rare event you get one of those amazing hands. But it makes more sense to save the 1/2 bet.

Agreed. But i could never play nearly as many tables in limit. This might be worth a nice experiment though. I wonder how many tables i could manage at one time doing this. 100?It's completely mechanical, it would just be limited by how fast you could fold most of the hands to avoid sitting out.

I think the strat is no value betting, only value pushing. Still couldn't bring myself to check behind this river.Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $ BB (10 handed) converterMP3 ($23)econ_tim ($23.10)Button ($24.75)SB ($61)BB ($38.24)UTG ($24.25)UTG+1 ($29.17)UTG+2 ($37.80)MP1 ($51.85)MP2 ($10.65)Preflop: econ_tim is CO with [Td], [Ts]. SB posts a blind of $0.10. 2 folds, BB checks.Flop: ($0.85) [Jc], [9d], [Qc] (3 players)BB checks, UTG+2 checks, econ_tim checks.Turn: ($0.85) [7h] (3 players)BB checks, UTG+2 checks, econ_tim checks.River: ($0.85) [Kh] (3 players)BB checks, UTG+2 checks, econ_tim bets $1, BB folds, UTG+2 folds.Final Pot: $1.85

heh..set up the bait early...got picked on for allining utg when i had kings, then got picked on for allining into a .60 pot, s oi pick up aces and allin, smoeone calls with kings and hits a king.sucks.

Another triumph:Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $ BB (10 handed) converterUTG+2 ($21.40)econ_tim ($20.95)MP2 ($4.40)MP3 ($21.40)CO ($16.95)Button ($29.95)SB ($24.40)BB ($24.85)UTG ($6.35)UTG+1 ($28.25)Preflop: econ_tim is MP1 with [Jd], [Js]. SB posts a blind of $0.10. 2 folds, BB checks.Flop: ($1.60) [9h], [7d], [7s] (6 players)BB checks, UTG+2 checks, econ_tim checks, MP2 checks, MP3 checks, Button checks.Turn: ($1.60) [Tc] (6 players)BB checks, UTG+2 checks, econ_tim checks, MP2 checks, MP3 checks, Button checks.River: ($1.60) [9d] (6 players)BB checks, UTG+2 checks, econ_tim checks, MP2 checks, MP3 checks, Button checks.Final Pot: $1.60I win $1.60!

smash,are from england,my girlfriend say`s censored,she`s the only one i`ve heard say it,was just wonderingNo.I am an Arsenal fan, though. I'm fairly sure that makes me an honarary citizen of France.

i love it,finally gettin flamed on here,love the site,you guys are funny as hell,and very informative,am playin and tryin to type,and havin a few beers,sorry for always lurkin,have nothing to add. just tryin to learn ,thnx for all the tips, jb

I have been playing a variation of this for years......Normally...........I play 10/20 Limit.......But whenever I play 1/2 NL....it is almost like second nature to me.....I will play my regular game....and whenever I have the nuts....and sense strength....I move in regardless.You will be surprised at how many people will call you....Smash's system works......For you LL NL players...add this to your game:NEVER....NEVER...EVER....bet an amount that "your opponent can call" on the river with the nuts.....always......always....ALWAYS....Move in.....The calls you get will far out weigh the sets, two pair, inferior flushes that fold to your NUTS with this play.In my experience...these LL NL slugs will call the allin the same way they would have called your 1/2 pot bet.