Anyway, to wrap up. I just walked away with $1700 playing 1/2 NL. I played two tables and watched a couple of movies.I know that variance will eventually kick my ass at this game, right?Good thing this was just an experiment. Anyway, I'll stick with 10/20 LHE until I feel comfotable moving up. I can beat that game, and it's not so boring. 1500 bucks on a strategy like this though... you can't beat that. I laugh though, because according to Smash's logic, NL players are the biggest idiots in the world. (At low limits anyway)

• Replies 738
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

wouldn't it be more profitable to do this short stacked, so in case you do get outdrawn, you don't lost as much?No, the opposite.You should buy in for the max, because, again, you're often getting calls when people are drawing completely dead against you.The bigger your stack, the better it works.In fact, it works pretty well against the short stack theory players as well, because they're wiling to call with more marginal hands against a push with AA or KK, and when you flop a set they're calling or moving in with TP because they're striving to avoid post flop play.
So saying that they are drawing completely dead means the only way (if you flop a set) that you would be going all in would be if it's top set? Say you flop a middle set, you go all in, then AA calls you, and proceeds to catch another A once the money is all in, that would definitely suck losing a decent amount of money on a suckout. So explain the situation here. Thanks
I laugh though, because according to Smash's logic, NL players are the biggest idiots in the world.I don't think anyone's going to argue that.
someone have a link to that strategy or know it off hand.I am crushing a couple of tables right now and would love to try it.What limits is it good for?

the strategy works for most low stakes NL games [full ring games]. you can draw to hands after the flop, but its harder to get action when you call the flop and hit the flush on the turn.sometimes you will also make a wheel or broadway straight [A-5, 10-A] and these hands are profitable, but vulnerable as well. also, try to play in fresh games with players just bought in. these games are plentiful on UB, PP and FT.you have to try to pick up pots when you hit TPTK as well. oh and its sssllllloooooooowwwww.

So saying that they are drawing completely dead means the only way (if you flop a set) that you would be going all in would be if it's top set? Say you flop a middle set, you go all in, then AA calls you, and proceeds to catch another A once the money is all in, that would definitely suck losing a decent amount of money on a suckout.Yeah, they'd be drawing live there and you'd only be a 90/10 favorite if you move in on the flop....That seems like you're getting the best of it, though.

It really depends what you value more from poker, money or playing/skill.The skill is making the most money. If you don't see that, you need a new hobby. I hear making ships in a bottle takes a lot of skill...
Thanks for judging the value system of every poker player. Blanket statements are fun!Some people play to play well at any stake, regardless of money take. Some people play for fun because they are drunk and treat the table like a roulette wheel. Some people play to make money via skill. I could go on for hours, but you're a smart guy smash, you get the point.
So saying that they are drawing completely dead means the only way (if you flop a set) that you would be going all in would be if it's top set? Say you flop a middle set, you go all in, then AA calls you, and proceeds to catch another A once the money is all in, that would definitely suck losing a decent amount of money on a suckout.Yeah, they'd be drawing live there and you'd only be a 90/10 favorite if you move in on the flop....That seems like you're getting the best of it, though.
How bout middle set? Just assume your hand is the best and push? As for the 90/10, that's fair enough, I guess.

ha, thanks for reminding me about this... i forgot that i can make more seven-tabling this at 100 and 200 max NL tables with virtually no variance than i can at the superdonkey 10/20 table that was eating me alive with one and two outers.and i can get really drunk and not worry about fucking up outside of misclicks, so there's that. :club: while i was typing this, i just took down another 600 dollar pot with a set of sevens.tally thus far: fifteen minutes of this boring, but way easy, strategy: up 800 dollars.so yeah, thanks smash, for ending my bad run.

ha, thanks for reminding me about this... i forgot that i can make more seven-tabling this at 100 and 200 max NL tables with virtually no variance than i can at the superdonkey 10/20 table that was eating me alive with one and two outers.and i can get really drunk and not worry about fucking up outside of misclicks, so there's that. :club: while i was typing this, i just took down another 600 dollar pot with a set of sevens.tally thus far: fifteen minutes of this boring, but way easy, strategy: up 800 dollars.so yeah, thanks smash.
once again smash.What is the strat?

Some people play to play well at any stake, regardless of money take. Some people play for fun because they are drunk and treat the table like a roulette wheel. Some people play to make money via skill. I could go on for hours, but you're a smart guy smash, you get the point.That you can't deal with being wrong?Yeah. We all get it.Good luck.

it's basically this: go all in every time you know you have a monster advantage. what you do to get that monster advantage is up to you. the very simple way smash advocates is to limp PPs and suited aces and push the flop if they flop a set or flush. sooooper easy. if you want to get fancy, play some hands that make the nut straight, too. but not too many, or you'll look like you're getting too trixy and smash will make fun of you.

After playing for a living for several years and careful longterm analysis, I can say quantitatively that what was summerized here in a few sentences is just about all you need to know--Amazing that such a stupid-simple way of playing can also be the winning way. Basically the times that set over set hit are very remote, and on the river card the overpair odds of hitting are 23:1. Two pair are rare but twice as likely to fill. Essentially the losses are unlikely enough you just don't care. The flushs hitting can cost, but they repay multiple times when they miss or even better the board pairs (I enjoy hearing them queel like little piggys about the bad beat!)The fine points of position bluffing etc. are important to keep you even for all the missed flops, but that comes with a lot of experience--more often than, not the idiots online will call you down with crap, so it's not as big as in a live game at higher stakes. 8)

it's basically this: go all in every time you know you have a monster advantage. what you do to get that monster advantage is up to you. the very simple way smash advocates is to limp PPs and suited aces and push the flop if they flop a set or flush. sooooper easy. if you want to get fancy, play some hands that make the nut straight, too. but not too many, or you'll look like you're getting too trixy and smash will make fun of you.
what do i do with aa or kk preflop.ALL IN??Limp?
I want exact rules for this

once again smash.What is the strat?Oh for fuck sake:Fold *everything* but pocket pairs and ace high flush draws. That's right, fold KQs. Fold AKo. Really. Yes. Fold them. Yeah, I'm sure you make money with them and play great postflop, etc. Whatever, fold them. You want as much money in your stack as possible for when you have amassive edge.Limp with QQ. Yes, that's right, limp with it. Fold it if you don't flop a set. That's right. Yes, fold it. Limp also with JJ-22. If you don't flop a set, fold them.If you can't limp, call a small raise with any of these hands. If you don't flop a set, fold.The 1 time in 8 you do flop a set, go all in. Go all in if you act first. Don't check raise, just move in. Go all in if you act last. Don't check hoping they bet into you on the turn, just move in.Also play Axs preflop. Limp with them. Yes, limp with AKs. If you flop a flush draw and can draw cheaply, do. When you make a nut flush on the turn or the river (or flop one) go all in. Cackle gleefully at K high flushes calling you.If you have AA or KK preflop, just go all in, from any position, any time, against any number of limpers or none or whatever. Just move in.That's it.Fold everyhting else. To sum up, here's the strategy that beats LL NL for more BB/100 than 99% of the NL posters on this forum:Play pocket pairs and Axs preflop, fold everything else. Move in preflop with AA and KK, limp everything else, or get in as cheaply as possible. When you flop a set, move in. When you make a nut flush on an unpaired board, move in.That's it.Good luck.

what do i do with aa or kk preflop.ALL IN??Limp?
i like to go all in. i think smash would be ok with either. i prefer going all in without the set first since the more times you push, the more calls you get, even if you're only pushing with the relative nuts each time.but god, i feel like a donk folding AQo and AKo preflop.

I would love a table full of players using this strategy. Any player with half a brain would figure out what your doing very quickly and would know what your holding most of the time you made a bet. Agreed there are many morons who will not pick up on it and it would defintaly be profitable (if you have the discipline and patience) however, it must be said that a good player would realise what you are doing and use a strategy to counter it and eventually bust you. Using this strategy will only get you so far, you will eventaully have to play against someone sharp enough to work it out and then you may be in trouble.In my experiance, NL is not a game that can be played mechanically. It is a game where adpating constantly and out thinking your oppenents wins you money. The easiest player to beat at a NL table is the guy who is predictable...Just my 2 cents.

once again smash.What is the strat?Oh for censored sake:Fold *everything* but pocket pairs and ace high flush draws. That's right, fold KQs. Fold AKo. Really. Yes. Fold them. Yeah, I'm sure you make money with them and play great postflop, etc. Whatever, fold them. You want as much money in your stack as possible for when you have amassive edge.Limp with QQ. Yes, that's right, limp with it. Fold it if you don't flop a set. That's right. Yes, fold it. Limp also with JJ-22. If you don't flop a set, fold them.If you can't limp, call a small raise with any of these hands. If you don't flop a set, fold.The 1 time in 8 you do flop a set, go all in. Go all in if you act first. Don't check raise, just move in. Go all in if you act last. Don't check hoping they bet into you on the turn, just move in.Also play Axs preflop. Limp with them. Yes, limp with AKs. If you flop a flush draw and can draw cheaply, do. When you make a nut flush on the turn or the river (or flop one) go all in. Cackle gleefully at K high flushes calling you.If you have AA or KK preflop, just go all in, from any position, any time, against any number of limpers or none or whatever. Just move in.That's it.Fold everyhting else. To sum up, here's the strategy that beats LL NL for more BB/100 than 99% of the NL posters on this forum:Play pocket pairs and Axs preflop, fold everything else. Move in preflop with AA and KK, limp everything else, or get in as cheaply as possible. When you flop a set, move in. When you make a nut flush on an unpaired board, move in.That's it.Good luck.
thanks smash.Now I will pop in the first three star wars get burnt and put this too work.I am very powerfull.But not a jedi yet

haha, this is awesome.smash, after months of just kind of accepting your strategy to work and not really being interested in trying out something so mind-numbingly simple, i think i'm going to give this a try tomorrow or sometime.hahahaha, i can't believe myself. look out $200 NL tables!aseem

I would love a table full of players using this strategy. Any player with half a brain would figure out what your doing very quickly and would know what your holding most of the time you made a bet. Agreed there are many morons who will not pick up on it and it would defintaly be profitable (if you have the discipline and patience) however, it must be said that a good player would realise what you are doing and use a strategy to counter it and eventually bust you. Using this strategy will only get you so far, you will eventaully have to play against someone sharp enough to work it out and then you may be in trouble.In my experiance, NL is not a game that can be played mechanically. It is a game where adpating constantly and out thinking your oppenents wins you money. The easiest player to beat at a NL table is the guy who is predictable...Just my 2 cents.
it really is funny, but you're totally, totally wrong. i have been doing this for half an hour now, and i've gotten calls on over half of my pushes. that rate is not decreasing. don't overestimate your opponents. the all in always looks "fishy" to even semi-donks. they'll call.

I would love a table full of players using this strategy.Any player with half a brain would figure out what your doing very quickly and would know what your holding most of the time you made a bet.Agreed there are many morons who will not pick up on it and it would defintaly be profitable (if you have the discipline and patience) however, it must be said that a good player would realise what you are doing and use a strategy to counter it and eventually bust you.Using this strategy will only get you so far, you will eventaully have to play against someone sharp enough to work it out and then you may be in trouble.In my experiance, NL is not a game that can be played mechanically. It is a game where adpating constantly and out thinking your oppenents wins you money.The easiest player to beat at a NL table is the guy who is predictable...Just my 2 cents.Yeah, you're wrong.You'd have no idea what was going on, untill you called crushed.At that point you'd never get your money back.You would, however, have the moral victory of knowing you were a good enough player not to use a mechanical strategy as you rebought.Take care.