I'm sure I'm missing something simple...what's the difference between BB/100 and ptbb/100. I guess pt means pokertracker, but why would that be different from bb/100?thanks.
Well, the way PT was designed, a BB in PT (ie ptbb) is a Big Bet, ie, at a 2/4 limit game, the blinds are 1/2, but the big bet is 4, so the ptbb is 4.When it was translated to NL, say the blinds of 1/2, the ptbb is still 4.For example. If you win 10 ptbb/100, you are actually winning 20 big BLINDS/100.(pretty sure)- Zach
  • Replies 738
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All I can say is that this strategy DOES NOT work...I just spent 3 hours 12-tabling Partys NL25 and walked away a big loser...The only times I got called PF with AA or KK was agaisnt small stacks and those winnings sure didn't cover all the limp-folds.Once out of maybe 30 sets I got called, by a flushdraw, that hit, so no stacking there...For this to be profitable you'd have to play on extremely loose tables, and if Partys NL25 ain't loose I don't know what...

All I can say is that this strategy DOES NOT work...I just spent 3 hours 12-tabling Partys NL25 and walked away a big loser...The only times I got called PF with AA or KK was agaisnt small stacks and those winnings sure didn't cover all the limp-folds.Once out of maybe 30 sets I got called, by a flushdraw, that hit, so no stacking there...For this to be profitable you'd have to play on extremely loose tables, and if Partys NL25 ain't loose I don't know what...
A whole 3 HOURS?!?!OMGZ!YES, IT DOESN'T WORK, YOUR 3 HOUR SAMPLE PROVES IT!
A whole 3 HOURS?!?!OMGZ!YES, IT DOESN'T WORK, YOUR 3 HOUR SAMPLE PROVES IT!
No that's not my point. My point is that people are too tight to fall for it. I don't know how many times people said: Set and then folded...
No that's not my point. My point is that people are too tight to fall for it. I don't know how many times people said: Set and then folded...
you do make a valid point - this was originally designed (not by smash i know) and used quite a while back (in online poker time), so the games were much looser. it'll work far worse now.
you do make a valid point - this was originally designed (not by smash i know) and used quite a while back (in online poker time), so the games were much looser. it'll work far worse now.
Yah, players are better now and much tighter. When Pacific poker first came out with NL, there were donkeys galore. Now it seems like everyone knows how to play. I see people folding stuff that people never use to fold. I'm even after 20 K hands of 50 nl. Smash strat is outdated. The only time I get called all in with AA is never and with KK is when someone else has AA. If I flop a set and push, people will only call with another set and will almost always lay down top pair.
smash also claimed a 4.5 BB/100 winrate at 10/20 6 over 70K hands too and then moved it down to 3 BB/100 when he realized how silly that figure was, and even the 3 BB/100 figure is extremely silly, only someone like Mike Schneider(schneids on 2p2 and the PPM winner)could avg even 2.5 BB/100 at 10/20 6. If smash was coming close to avg that amount he wouldn't have to work at all and would be beating 30/60+ hard now. Yes you can make money off of this strat, but seriously, I highly doubt that anyone would make that much. A great NL winrate in general is around 12 ptbb/100, and that is H@llingol level stuff. I doubt that this more extreme version of nut peddling would return the figures that he said it would
Smash also claimed later to only have a 13pt/bb rate at 1/2NL in the NL Strat section.
OK dont know if this was already covered but:I limp with A2s and flop comes AA5. What do I do first to act? What do I do facing a betThanks
Smash says fold.I agree that the strategy doesn't work as well anymore, and works better on some sites than others. I wonder if Gus Hansen's early success and popularity in the WPT made people far looser than they are today?
Smash says fold.I agree that the strategy doesn't work as well anymore, and works better on some sites than others.
I played 2k hands at FCP 25nl and finished almost 3 buyins up (poooshed with AA, called by KK, poooshed with KK, sucked out vs AA) and I didn't get stacked once, (which is something new for me :club:) I never got called after pooshing with a set though.I played a much smaller sample at bodog and got 10x the action, or so it seemed.
Smash says fold.I agree that the strategy doesn't work as well anymore, and works better on some sites than others. I wonder if Gus Hansen's early success and popularity in the WPT made people far looser than they are today?
smash does not say fold. smash says play it very cautiously, not calling large bets, and trying to get to showdown cheaply.you might end up folding to a bluff, but you won't lose too much if you're outkicked.
smash does not say fold. smash says play it very cautiously, not calling large bets, and trying to get to showdown cheaply.you might end up folding to a bluff, but you won't lose too much if you're outkicked.
This seems about right, particularly with A2. Lastnight on PS .25/.50 nl, I was BB with Q7 and flopped 772, with 5 players. I assume the right move there is to push, I did, no action. I also pushed UTG with AA and was called by QQ...yay. Its undeniable.
This seems about right, particularly with A2. Lastnight on PS .25/.50 nl, I was BB with Q7 and flopped 772, with 5 players. I assume the right move there is to push, I did, no action. I also pushed UTG with AA and was called by QQ...yay. Its undeniable.
i'm not sure about pushing with Q7. I'd push with A7 or 22 there for sure, but not sure if an open-push with Q7 is correct smash strat. you wouldn't push with 57 there after all.
i'm not sure about pushing with Q7. I'd push with A7 or 22 there for sure, but not sure if an open-push with Q7 is correct smash strat. you wouldn't push with 57 there after all.
Yeah youre probably right considering the number of limpers, but I figured, 'what the hell'. Bad attitude for Smash though, I know.
smash also claimed a 4.5 BB/100 winrate at 10/20 6 over 70K hands too and then moved it down to 3 BB/100 when he realized how silly that figure was, and even the 3 BB/100 figure is extremely silly, only someone like Mike Schneider(schneids on 2p2 and the PPM winner)could avg even 2.5 BB/100 at 10/20 6. If smash was coming close to avg that amount he wouldn't have to work at all and would be beating 30/60+ hard now. Yes you can make money off of this strat, but seriously, I highly doubt that anyone would make that much. A great NL winrate in general is around 12 ptbb/100, and that is H@llingol level stuff. I doubt that this more extreme version of nut peddling would return the figures that he said it would
He also kept telling us he was 12tabling 10-20 six max
For you, yes. For a 9000 foot tall bulletproof robot pimp, no.good luck.
Correct me if I am wrong, but let's do some math here sir...12 tabling, 6 max 10-20, wow, that is quite some dough to be made. So let's see just how much, in a 70K hand sample...(70,000 * 100 =700)700 * (20 *4.5), So, 700 * 90=63,000. And playing 12 tables of 6 max, each table would be seeing ATLEAST 100 hands an hour, so we say 1200 hands an hour. It would take you 58.33 hours to get 70K hands.So in 58.33 hours you made 63K. Not bad, thats 1,080 an hour! TOTALLY DUEABLE! WE BELIEVE YOU SMASH!Just sayin...
Correct me if I am wrong, but let's do some math here sir...12 tabling, 6 max 10-20, wow, that is quite some dough to be made. So let's see just how much, in a 70K hand sample...(70,000 * 100 =700)700 * (20 *4.5), So, 700 * 90=63,000. And playing 12 tables of 6 max, each table would be seeing ATLEAST 100 hands an hour, so we say 1200 hands an hour. It would take you 58.33 hours to get 70K hands.So in 58.33 hours you made 63K. Not bad, thats 1,080 an hour! TOTALLY DUEABLE! WE BELIEVE YOU SMASH!Just sayin...
i don't know what's worse - your disbelief that people make silly-sounding amounts of money playing online poker, or you believing that "dueable" is even close to a real word.