failed on empire

So i decided to jump back on to empire to play with the supposed easy fishes...well 2 days and 140BB less later i am calling it quits on party skins... i am not sure how you can win on those if u play the right way....had several guys cap with bottom pair only to hit the river flush/straight to bail them out...granted my play isnt perfect but you can only bet top set so hard on limit...guess its back to bodog to reload and rebuild

Sorry about all the bad beats man. Just out of curiousity what kind of bankroll did you have at empire, in terms of BB? I've never gone on a bad beat streak there that cost me more than two or three buy ins

bankroll was at 943...its now 700...so i had more than plenty for 1/2....i looked over poker tracker...looked at my big loss hands...couple unavoidable hands like floppin top 2 and what not which i can live with...but sevearl times people capped with bottom pair..only to hit some miracle turn and river...basically im just pissed right now but i just cant undrstand how you can play right and expect to win on that site

I am sorry but if you are not winning money you simply aren't making the right moves, if they are capping with bottom pair then you are winning money most of the time, however I am guessing this is just a rash generalisation of the hands you played. I can guarantee that you werent winning most hands until the river.

dude, i can tell your pissed off and i think thats why your posting this. but it really is in your benefit to be playing these type of players. if you've had a bad run over the last 2 days that sucks but thats poker (i.e. variance). you also say that your probably not playing perfect either. i can tell you right now a good portion of those bb you lost are probably from tilting after losing a big pot. believe me, i find myself doing it sometimes too.IMHO, you should go back to party, plug up the leaks in your play, and realize in the long run you will crush party!

Matt,Come over to UB and crush the 1/2 kill game. Its so much fun when the kill goes into effect and the blinds double. These guys don't know what to do. The bonus will take some hours to complete if you deposit the max ($600 gets you $200), but the games are very soft. The bonus does release to you while you play. I had a very nice run last night capped off by my aces, on a kill round, hitting trips. Don't get discouraged, the game is beatable and you know it.

I say stick to it. If you can't beat the low limits what exactly can you beat? I've lost 90bb in roughly 500 hands at low limit, and that would have convinced me I either suck ass or the game was rigged if my long term stats weren't assuring me that I was a winning player. Crash and burn in the short run shouldn't discourage you.

I do get what "party skin" is. Is it call that, just because it is more or less the same program, or is it related to PP?
Party Skins are sites that take you to the same servers and games as Poker Party. So basically, you could be playing Empire, PokerNow, Intertops.....and there is absolute no difference between them and Party.
I do get what "party skin" is. Is it call that, just because it is more or less the same program, or is it related to PP?
Party Skins are sites that take you to the same servers and games as Poker Party. So basically, you could be playing Empire, PokerNow, Intertops.....and there is absolute no difference between them and Party.
So when you are playing on party you are also playing against people from Empire..Etc.
So i decided to jump back on to empire to play with the supposed easy fishes...well 2 days and 140BB less later i am calling it quits on party skins... i am not sure how you can win on those if u play the right way....had several guys cap with bottom pair only to hit the river flush/straight to bail them out...granted my play isnt perfect but you can only bet top set so hard on limit...guess its back to bodog to reload and rebuild
ok, ignore all the morons. I just took a massive downswing too, losing similar numbers at 5-10. It happens. The upswings are insane too, trust me.
I say stick to it. If you can't beat the low limits what exactly can you beat? I've lost 90bb in roughly 500 hands at low limit, and that would have convinced me I either suck ass or the game was rigged if my long term stats weren't assuring me that I was a winning player. Crash and burn in the short run shouldn't discourage you.
So it just software preference?
So it just software preference?
Nah, there's no software difference either other than a color scheme change. Most people play skins to multitable/get rakeback. I do it for the reload bonus whoring.

Maybe we should put up an FAQ on the site and make it sticky:Q1: "I can't stand the bad beats at low limit holdem. People are chasing gutshots and capping with bottom pair to the river and sucking out. How are you supposed to win against these players?"A: Those players are paying your bills. If you can't beat them, you can't beat anyone. Over the short term, you may suffer losses, but the massive pots you win when they chase and come up empty will add up to a far greater sum than you lose when they get lucky.Q1B: "I'm sick of playing against morons. Maybe I should move up levels where the players aren't crazy."A: Sure, that sounds like a good idea. You can't beat the weak players, so the obvious solution is to play against players who make fewer mistakes. I've got news for you pal - those players are going to take you to the cleaners.Q2: "Online poker is rigged. Don't tell me it's bad luck or that I suck. There are some players that I'm sure know your hole cards and the community cards before they come up."A: Get real. The chances of someone hacking the system and gaining access to your hole cards is extremely remote. While it can't be ruled out entirely, it's certain that the vast majority of players do not have access to your hole cards, and never will. Maybe you should join "Conspiracy Theory Addicts Anonymous". Or if it doesn't yet exist, become the charter member.

http://www.pokeromics.com/psearch.aspx?p=mattnxtc&l=1You're too loose, you don't raise enough PF, and you arent aggressive enough postflop.j/k man... I know this is a small sample, but if you have some PT stats you'd like to share, maybe we can help you plug the leaks. If you're a winning player (around 2BB/100) it's still possible to lose 140BB, but it's quite unlikely. It might be time to re-evaluate your game.
http://www.pokeromics.com/psearch.aspx?p=mattnxtc&l=1You're too loose, you don't raise enough PF, and you arent aggressive enough postflop.j/k man... I know this is a small sample, but if you have some PT stats you'd like to share, maybe we can help you plug the leaks. If you're a winning player (around 2BB/100) it's still possible to lose 140BB, but it's quite unlikely. It might be time to re-evaluate your game.
iits not that unlikely.

to blueodam...shut up and go play some .05/.1 limitto belt...id take a look at my posts before you make some stupid comment...i said i was playin 1/2 on empire not .5/1 on party..big difference wouldnt you think...I was playing on empire which means a different snoff 2k hands..(not huge but its all i played on empire)vpip = 22 prf = 6wsd = 30%w$sd = 48%af = is actually slightly low at about 1.5the of course we get to bb/100 = -8.4so after 2k all my stats are at or near accepted numbers. so those are my pt stats...

matt, 2K hands is nothing. I also have noticed that you have posted 6 max hands, 6 max has more varience. Keep posting hands and post your full stats and you'll be okay

to blueodam...shut up and go play some .05/.1 limitto belt...id take a look at my posts before you make some stupid comment...i said i was playin 1/2 on empire not .5/1 on party..big difference wouldnt you think...I was playing on empire which means a different snoff 2k hands..(not huge but its all i played on empire)vpip = 22 prf = 6wsd = 30%w$sd = 48%af = is actually slightly low at about 1.5the of course we get to bb/100 = -8.4so after 2k all my stats are at or near accepted numbers. so those are my pt stats...
Easy there killer... I said I was just kidding. Anyways, 2k hands still isn't a big enough sample, but PFR of 6% isn't enough, and AF 1.5 isn't high enough. You can get by with 22% VPIP, but it's on the high side if you're playing full ring games. So, I guess I stand by my original comments.
iits not that unlikely.
OK, upon further review it's about 20%, so not terribly unlikely.
Where does this site get its info from? According to this thing I've only ever played 34 hands of NL and my win rate is -145bb/100. I never knew I was such a bad player.
It's just a front end for a huge pokertracker database.