your 5 min break in a mtt

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Theres breaks in MTTs? Nice!Cant wait til I make it to one. When I do I'll be sure to come back here and post what I did.
The easiest way to make a break in the low buy-in tournies at UB with >1k players (and probably at other sites) is to autofold every hand in the first hour. This won't get you a lot of chips, but you'll make the break.
all of the above. + rub one out is missing
i was told in one of my recent threads to do this before the tourney starts... not sure if my gun would be reloaded yet or not by first break. will keep posted
:club: Nothing wrong with firing a few blanks if she isn't reloaded yet. No need to keep us posted though. :?
all of the above. + rub one out is missing
i was told in one of my recent threads to do this before the tourney starts... not sure if my gun would be reloaded yet or not by first break. will keep posted
:club: Nothing wrong with firing a few blanks if she isn't reloaded yet. No need to keep us posted though. :?
just made it to 2nd break....hmm what to do, bathroom, drink or choke the chicken? think i'll get a beverage

How come no one has said roll a joint yet?Thats what i do...its perfect timing, i always come back with a few seconds left in the break and a fatty to shmoke.Ill usually not roll during the second break, but maybe get another one going during break 3 to guide me through crunch time.Joints are way less detrimental than beers during playing. I do not recommend drinking while playing.I think "roll a joint" should be a voting option (or should i just choose "cough cough"?)

How come no one has said roll a joint yet?Thats what i do...its perfect timing, i always come back with a few seconds left in the break and a fatty to shmoke.Ill usually not roll during the second break, but maybe get another one going during break 3 to guide me through crunch time.Joints are way less detrimental than beers during playing. I do not recommend drinking while playing.I think "roll a joint" should be a voting option (or should i just choose "cough cough"?)
Agreed. I can't believe it took so long... its customary to blaze at breaks of MTT's. Good karma.

I haven't played on stars for a while so today I started unplugging everything to take the laptop to the bafroom (that might be spelled incorrectly) at the 55 minute mark, only to find out they have a break for s&g's.

Actually if you space the drinking out just right, the rise in your aggression should coincide with the bubble/short stack period.
hmmm that is a good idea. I might give that a try tonight. Usually when I do drink (which is rare), I crack one open at the start. Sometimes its for the best, sometimes the worst. I should add a column to my poker tracking spreadsheet to figure that out BUYIN | PLACE | ENTRANTS | PRIZE | ALCOHOL (y/n)
On my break I pee, grab a beer (if available, if not cuss about that for awhile and opt for a bottled water or Diet Coke) and smoke if I feel like it.
Finally! I thought no one would ever say such a thing. your choice of cough cough was correct. That's why I put cough cough, it could mean puffin or smoking those nasty cigs (i used to smoked so I have to hate on the cigs now)