party poker rant

So, it's guilty until proven innocent now, huh? I suppose all of that money I've made in the last 6 months is just because they forgot to switch my account to "lose"?Seriously, stop with the conspiracy theories. This is ridiculous.
PARTY POKER SHOT JFK
  • Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So, it's guilty until proven innocent now, huh? I suppose all of that money I've made in the last 6 months is just because they forgot to switch my account to "lose"?Seriously, stop with the conspiracy theories. This is ridiculous.
PARTY POKER SHOT JFK
Geeze at least get it right would ya? Party Poker shot Robert Kennedy NOT JFK.
I dunno...I make a post on here in a friendly fashion...next thing you know some poker-internet-geek who lives on the forum with 8 billion posts comes in here and tries to flame me for no reason....Im sure everyone else reading this can make the call-
I haven't read to the end of this thread because I don't have time, so I'm sure someone beat me to this, but I just want to point out that Custom is a respected poster on this forum and you sir are a doucheclown. Yes, PartyPoker is rigging things against you. They want to lose your business. They hate you and like fish who chase longshot draws. C'mon man, get real. You're experiencing bad variance. It sucks, it happens to everyone. Take a break and come back later. If you're a good player, you will once again be cleaning up on PP before you know it.

pfunk....I used to feel the same way you did within the first 6 months I was playing poker. After a losing session I would complain and moan that PP was stealing my money......but you just have to belly up to the buffet line and gut it out.Hell, one time on PP I saw AA vs KK vs QQ vs JJ in a 6 handed game go all in preflop against each other with the JJ winning with 7-8-9-10-2 on the board. As improbale as that seems, that comination of cards is possible no matter what the odds are.Go to a site where you are more comfortable and start over.

why would it not be profitable for a site to rig things so that bad players were better and good players worse?(one simple way is to rig longshot river draws)1) Because these sites, especially their randomizers, are frequently audited by professional, third party auditing firms (think PWC). It is highly unlikely that such a firm would put their reputation on the line by lying about the audit results.2) Because if these sites did that and got caught at it (via auditors or however else), their rep would forever be ruined in the Poker community and they'd have made their last dollar. You can cheat and show a small bump in profit for a short time or not cheat and keep the profits going forever.can anyone post any hand histories from poker tracker or anywhere else showing that this is not the case?I doubt anyone has the 10's of millions of hands that it would take to prove or disprove your... perception.if it were rigged who would catch them? do the auditors audit the software(useless because you can switch software), or track actual hand histories. if they do hh, is anyone allowed to verify? after all they have a large financial incentive not to check too carefully. if a scam does come out, just say they were mislead like everyone else, and in the meantime take the money from insufficient audits.See my response above regarding auditors. Go check out the Poker site's web site and audit policy. You can see there who is doing the auditing. Some sites actually post their audit results.what i am getting at is that it would be very profitable for them to rig things, the official auditors easily might not catch them and have an incentive not to, and it would be very hard to prove they are rigging things.Unless the auditor is crooked (ok, it's happened before), they have no incentive to not find anything wrong. I know some technical and financial auditors. They're worse pricks than the IRS. They're going to catch something if there's something to catch.the only way you could prove it is by going back through all of your hand histories where you knew the hole cards by the turn, and checking for the proper percentage of hits on the river.You don't have enough hand histories to do that. Nobody does.last question. short of doing this by hand, does anyone know of any software that allows you to do this?If I had enough hand histories in a database, I could very quickly write a program that could do it. Problem is getting the hand histories. (It's not that I'm an exceptionally talented programmer; it's just that easy to validate statistics with a computer program...)one last thing- if you are not going to respond to the questions in here, dont bother, because you being "sure its not rigged, even though i have no evidence" is a worthless response. So if you don't like how I'm going to reply I should just not reply? You sound like my wife... :club:

Hell, one time on PP I saw AA vs KK vs QQ vs JJ in a 6 handed game go all in preflop against each other with the JJ winning with 7-8-9-10-2 on the board. As improbale as that seems, that comination of cards is possible no matter what the odds are.
That reminds me of tourney where guys were reraising each other preflop until everyone was all in. All the cards flip and it's AQ vs KK vs KK vs QQ vs JJ, flop all rags, turn blank, river...A. Now that was entertainment.

OK, and now the more logical side of things...Poker is gambling, plain and simple. The nature of the game is that random events occur over a period of time, and those who enjoy gambling bet on those events before they occur. Whomever guesses which random event will occur, wins.Notice the frequent use of the word "random" in that paragraph.Let's look at some odds based on that word, "random".Let's say you're dealt pocket Aces in Hold 'Em. Against any one random hand, your pre-flop odds of winning that hand are about 1-4. That means that, against a single opponent with a random hand, you will WIN FOUR OUT OF FIVE TIMES (and lose once, natch).Now let's take those same Aces up against FIVE random hands (typical on low-budget Party tables if you don't bet big preflop, and sometimes even if you do). Those five random hands now have combined to shift the favor of the odds away from you. Granted, no single player at that table has a greater chance to win than you do, but you have a greater chance to lose the hand than you have to win it now. So against those five opponents, you're not winning 4 of 5 any more. Now you're probably winning 1 or 2 of the 5.The experts call this phenomenon "implicit collusion". Some call it "schooling" (as in large quantities of fish).It's not that the site is rigged. It's that the fish won't fold and, when enough of them don't, they take favorable odds away from you.How do you combat this "schooling"? Well, that's something that you need to learn if you intend to win at Poker, and there are plenty of avenues for that learning if you only care to open your mind and try... ;)Luck!

first of all, if you believe it's rigged, why would you be playing there.second, post this thread in online poker.third, the mention of party poker being rigged=flame, PERIOD.I posted a rant about why i hate party poker yesterday. Somehow I didn't get flamed. I think it was because I didn't say it was rigged. Also, I warned everyone that it was long and they probably shouldn't waste there time reading it.see link below:http://www.fullcontactpoker.com/poker-foru...3853&highlight=

I fully agree man... party poker is sooo rigged...I must have won a random drawing, where they let me win money all the time to pay my rent/bills/summer tuitionIts weird they keep letting me win though, i've been winning for months now..However, dont play at the Taj in Atlantic City.... I had AA, and lost, i think I saw the dealer doing something with the cards... he had to, I had the best hand preflop and didnt win. RIGGED

To all of the conspiracy theorists:When do you lose a hand in poker? When the last card hits. All of the hands that you are playing went winners right away, but you just had a lead statistically. Quit your complaining and just play cards. Variance is a bitch, but what can you do but sit your shiny metal ass back down and keep playing. When you win you don't complain, so why now?Post your histories here and let us dissect your play and try and help you instead of trying to prove something that would completely unwarranted. Why in hell would party try and swing anything when they make money on every single hand dealt and are one of the largest rooms? Makes no sense for them to do this. Poker is growing in its own right and party is simply there to piggy back off of the game's overall success.

That reminds me of tourney where guys were reraising each other preflop until everyone was all in. All the cards flip and it's AQ vs KK vs KK vs QQ vs JJ, flop all rags, turn blank, river...A. Now that was entertainment.
Dude, the AQ was a clear favorite according to the poker calculator. :roll: Ray
I just found this pic from another forum and just had to post it in this thread!Hey I don't recall you asking for permission before posting my picture wearing that stylish hat!For a nominal price I can send a signed and framed copy to you!
I just found this pic from another forum and just had to post it in this thread!Hey I don't recall you asking for permission before posting my picture wearing that stylish hat!For a nominal price I can send a signed and framed copy to you!
Isn't that a classic pic???

Yeah, it pretty much sums up the whole damn argument, regarding sites being rigged!How true the saying of a "picture being worth a thousand words" is. The whole thread could have ended with that one picture, but it has been fun anyway!Along similar lines I love it when you have someone lay down a hand and then assume that he had you beat and then cry about it. I love those types of players because they are sooooo easy to exploit since they have very fragile psyches. I was playing NL small stakes .50/1.00 yesterday and had A,K. Long story short, I raise, the I had you and folded guy re-raises, one another person between us calls and I re-raise. We go to the flop and it's King, Jack, and some rag. I know I am ahead here so I bet 5.00 into a 19.00 pot and he folds as does the other guy. Now in most cases this would be the end of it but he can't help but comment that's BS. Usually I just leave it but I figured I could have some fun with this guy so I come back with BS why, because you called and didn't have anything? So he says he had middle pair and shouldn't have folded. Here was my cue to really screw with his mind, so I tell him you are right you should have called. He says he will next time, so I lather on some more and tell him, yeah you would have won a nice pot!He unfortunately left quickly after that but I wrote his name down and can't wait for the opportunity to "bluff" him again, because I just know he will call.I love this game!!I also love the guy that insists on showing a table full of people that he just bluffed them out of the pot. They don't get the fact that not only will they become a target, but they will get no respect and someone will call them with crap and suck out on them so they can cry the game is rigged. A guy yesterday does exactly that in a 100.00 rebuy on PS and I commented "Wow is that what a Bluff looks like, I have never seen one of those before" and sure enough a couple of hands later he is holding pocket Aces and has someone with Queen, Jack call his all in bet, and he loses to the straight while making trip Aces. He leaves crying BS and I comment how funny that is coming from the bluff man.I say again I love this game!!!

PARTYPOKER IS RIGGED I HAVE BEEN PLAYING LIVE FOR 20 YEARS AND NEVER SEEN SO MANY BAD BEATS ITS BECAUSE THE FISH STAY IN TO THE RIVER EVERY HAND AND ONE OF THEM WILL ALWAYS CATCH IT'S LIKE PLAYING THE LOTTO BUT I ALWAYS LOOSE YOU CANT MAKE MONEY PLAYING FROM THESE BAD PLAYERS BECAUSE THEY STAY IN TO TEH RIVER EVERY HANDPS PLEASE POST MORE BAD BEATS

You can't fault the guy for playing because his odds were good to play all of the way around. There was a chance to win a lot of money in the hand you no one really made him have a choice but too play. Sucks, but I would have done the same thing in his position.

yes i know- online being rigged is impossible, you just suck, etc. etc.forget the standard responses. what i want to know is if anyone can answer these specific questions. ive seen a few discussions and no one has come close to answering them.why would it not be profitable for a site to rig things so that bad players were better and good players worse?(one simple way is to rig longshot river draws)can anyone post any hand histories from poker tracker or anywhere else showing that this is not the case?if it were rigged who would catch them? do the auditors audit the software(useless because you can switch software), or track actual hand histories. if they do hh, is anyone allowed to verify? after all they have a large financial incentive not to check too carefully. if a scam does come out, just say they were mislead like everyone else, and in the meantime take the money from insufficient audits.what i am getting at is that it would be very profitable for them to rig things, the official auditors easily might not catch them and have an incentive not to, and it would be very hard to prove they are rigging things.the only way you could prove it is by going back through all of your hand histories where you knew the hole cards by the turn, and checking for the  proper percentage of hits on the river.last question. short of doing this by hand, does anyone know of any software that allows you to do this?one last thing- if you are not going to respond to the questions in here, dont bother, because you being "sure its not rigged, even though i have no evidence" is a worthless response.  also, i tried not to be too rude in this post, but it amazes me how rude the  "its not rigged" people are when they almost invariably produce no evidence to support their position.
how about a criminal act called fraud?thats a pretty good reason theyre not rigged

Something else to consider is the level of play you are participating in when you play.If there are an average of 6 players seeing every flop and some of them staying to the river, you are going to see some ugly beats. For instance, someone holding 35 offsuit with a board of AQ942 when you were jamming the pot with your AA every step of the way. When homeboy turns over that 35, you just sit there amazed that guy was even able to turn on his computer.Think of all the times you threw away complete garbage and sure enough, had you been an idiot and stayed in the hand, you would have scooped a huge pot.The times that people catch amazing cards stick out in our minds, they are memorable, whereas the times when the player/players just fold at the river, cause they missed, are not as memorable.You wanna see some rigged poker? Come out to California and play some live 3/6 LHE.