how did ivey play so bad???

I was wondering how he could make that call with the QJ when he wasn't getting the right odds at all??and the last hand with 9 2? Raising on the river knowing he'd get called if the guy had him beat??I don't get it?

Yeah, I don't think the push with 92 was horrible. He read Lisandro for 10s, but the huge overbet just screamed bluff. I also think that he made the QJ call because he might have read Lisandro for middle pair and thought his Q and J were outs as well.

He didn't care lol.Lisandro"I have a 10"Ivey"eh, you win"300k? chump change for him.
I hate when people bring that up. Thats the excuse for him losing anything.I don't care if you are playing a $1 tourney. If you'ved played for 12 hours plus tourney, you want to WIN. NOT LOSE.Pride if anything takes over the money
He didn't care lol.Lisandro"I have a 10"Ivey"eh, you win"300k? chump change for him.
I hate when people bring that up. Thats the excuse for him losing anything.I don't care if you are playing a $1 tourney. If you'ved played for 12 hours plus tourney, you want to WIN. NOT LOSE.Pride if anything takes over the money
Well said :clap:
what are u guys talking about?are they online or somehting ?
It was just on TV... wow, Phil must've been on Mars or something. His heads up play was WAY off!
i doubt he plays for the money really. I just think he cracks under pressure, you always see him playing awesome and then he makes one mistake or something in the final table.

I dont think it was as bad as it seems, he called with a flush draw, and missed. It happens. The QJ hand, I think he read him for middle pair, the 10, so he was open ended with two overcards, and missed that as well. The only bad play I think he made was the last one.

I really actually liked his all-in push on the river. I honestly think Ivey knew what the other dude had. A pair of tens, yet a Q came out on river, so how did he call the all-in without a commanding chip lead! Some of the others I think he just called by the over-all percent, I guess with his huge stack, he thought he could just go all-in till he won (with a draw)?I dunno, I really wanted him to win.

i doubt he plays for the money really. I just think he cracks under pressure, you always see him playing awesome and then he makes one mistake or something in the final table.
This makes no sense.If he doesn't care about the money, what pressure is there?Though I agree, it has much less to do with pressure.It's fatigue, or boredom most likely,he is human after all.

He's lucky he even got second after almost boning out on the very first hand with pocket 9's.....Im really surprised he didnt get called down there by Lisandro.Phil Ivey is obviously one of the best players in the world, sometimes I just have a hard time seeing that on t.v when I get to see him play....He makes some really dumb moves at times, and seems to choke alot at final tables....Not trying to dog the guy as he's very good, just calling them like I see them from a limited t.v viewing perspective.....He's a bit of a choke artist it seems, that or he just gets really bored and doesnt give a shiat after awhile-P

it just seemed he didnt care at all heads up...his comments screamed of the fact that he just didnt wanna be there...i dunno if he gets bored or what but wow it was an awful heads up

Mind you this heads up play was over 4 hours long. I remember it was at least that long because I was following it on cardplayer.com.I think he played great. He said in his exit interview "you go with your insticts, and sometimes your wrong" he might of put Jeffrey Lisandron on a bluff when he called with Q J and if he was wrong he probably thought a Q J 9 or ace was good. I don't mnd the call you have to go with your reads, that what got him there.

Well, at least he put himself in position to jopke at the final table.For the QJ, he wanted to win it right there. Being as aggressive as he is, he likes to press on draws.For the 9-2 hand, his opponent was supposed to fold with his 10s. But being the champion that he is, he made a great call.

It only takes ONE mistake often in NL holdem....he made 3 in a row heads up....He should of changed his shirt after the first if not second, and re-grouped being in such a massive dominating position....Of course, this is coming from a guy sitting in his recliner drinking beer and watching it on t.v, but I think he played pretty horrible at the end there...He didnt pick any good spots-P

It only takes ONE mistake often in NL holdem....he made 3 in a row heads up....He should of changed his shirt after the first if not second, and re-grouped being in such a massive dominating position....Of course, this is coming from a guy sitting in his recliner drinking beer and watching it on t.v, but I think he played pretty horrible at the end there...He didnt pick any good spots-P
I agree he made some mistakes. But keep in mind that it wasn't three hands in a row. It was over a number of hours.

After reading someone elses response that heads up play was over 4 hours long, I had no idea...thats what I hate about poker on t.v, its slimmed down which gives me a bad representation of Phil's play, but perhaps that was just his situation...But regardless, the 9 2 bit was a HORRIBLE play...It seemed like he really thought his 2 might be good there perhaps, and if it wasnt he thought his bluff would be good...but the way he said "all in" and executed the play just screamed bluff.P

lol people dogging out phil ivey now? what a joke... do u realize this was his second final table on the circuit and he ended up having a great wsop... big deal he made a few mistakes you say... wow get over it... he had one of the best years in poker as far as im concerned... includnig his wsop, the circuit, and cash games. Next thing you know people are going to start making ignorant threads about how bad phil ivey sucks... id like to see some of you have a better year. Good luck.

He's lucky he even got second after almost boning out on the very first hand with pocket 9's.....Im really surprised he didnt get called down there by Lisandro.Phil Ivey is obviously one of the best players in the world, sometimes I just have a hard time seeing that on t.v when I get to see him play....He makes some really dumb moves at times, and seems to choke alot at final tables....Not trying to dog the guy as he's very good, just calling them like I see them from a limited t.v viewing perspective.....He's a bit of a choke artist it seems, that or he just gets really bored and doesnt give a shiat after awhile-P
Couldn't have said it better myself...SW

if boredom or fatigue are the reasons for his "lack" of success at these final tables, we shouldnt be calling him the best player in the world. with that said, i dont have a problem with any of the plays he made in tonights show...we dont know what goes thru the mind of a world class player. he could have reasons for plays that some of us couldnt even comprehend

lol people dogging out phil ivey now? what a joke... do u realize this was his second final table on the circuit and he ended up having a great wsop... big deal he made a few mistakes you say... wow get over it... he had one of the best years in poker as far as im concerned... includnig his wsop, the circuit, and cash games. Next thing you know people are going to start making ignorant threads about how bad phil ivey sucks... id like to see some of you have a better year. Good luck.
I agree. People jump on and off the bandwagon so easily. It's pretty sad. You can't, won't, and will never play perfect every hand. Its what you do long term on the results you have that needs to be judged. I don't think this box could name all of Phil Ivey's accomplishment in his career.