getting staked online. legit?

Has anyone had experience with getting staked to play online?I won't list the site I saw, I'm sure there are many others. This one came up as observer chat spam while I was playing at Interpoker. Here's the quote from their site:"The XXXXXX Poker Group is a group of successful poker professionals based throughout the United States.We are on the lookout for the next wave of poker stars.We want to give money to players who demonstrate exceptional skill and potential. This money is for you to play poker with, and you will keep 99% of your winnings! If you happen to lose the money we give you, that’s OK! That is a risk that we are willing to take when we invest in you!Any interested players will receive $25 right now to get started with the 30-day evaluation period ORYou can receive a dollar for dollar match on your initial investment in yourself – so if you want to start playing with $100, you will get another $100 right now!"Is this sort of thing legit at all or is it just someone's elaborate scheme to get referral bonuses? I know about Instant Bankroll and it's legitimacy, but this seems fishy.Any thoughts?

MOST ( 99% ) of those are just affiliate scams. They will say you have to sign up under them and play for a month and they will review your play yadda yadda, and never talk to you again.