This is a $1/$2 hand from a local card club.Game is loose/passive all around. UTQ +1 wandered in and looked lost. I have never played with him before and neither have the other regulars. MP is a tight and occasionally aggressive player after the flop and completely unimaginative beforehand. My image is of a tight player, maybe a little too tight for my own good. We all have around $150.I raise in EP to $6. MP calls. LP min-raises to $12. BB + SB fold. I call, as does MP. Flop ($39): Q :club: J :D 7 :D. I bet $30. MP calls and so does LP.Turn ($129): 2 :D. I move all-in for my last $120. MP calls immideately. LP looks torn and then folds.What does everyone have?

I don't think we should be looking for waldo in strat.
Why? I tend to find hand analysis much better when people don't know what the various players had.Anyone have comments on any and all streets? Obviously it being a 7 instead of a 8 changes things. I would never move in when someone called my flop bet and there was a possible straight on the board.
You have JJ, MP has QQ, and LP has KTs?
Wow. Who raises with KTs? Even in LP? That seems really, really, aggressive. LP is very unimaginative. As for MP having QQ, you think he just calls and then re-calls here? Even very weak/tight players know they are supposed to raise with that kind of hand.
you have QJ, MP AJc, LP KQ. Close?
A tight player who raises from EP with QJ and then calls a re-raise is not actually tight.I have QQ, MP has QJ, and LP has KK.Overall, I think LP played the hand pretty well, although he should have stuck in a bigger raise before the flop. I'm not sure who I managed to read that he had a big hand, but he rarely ever re-raised. The min-raise made me think he had a really good hand and wanted to build a pot. MP played the hand completely awful pre-flop, on the flop, and river.

Not to be rude... but...I'm about to be somewhat rude.I find these "guess the hands" posts to be completely without value or content. We know very little about how you play, and even less about how you describe other people's play. We can't really glean anything from your description of the hand, because wherever I would have played it differently, your opponent would react differently. Except I have no idea of how I should play it because I have to guess what I have in the first place.It's a huge case of "if things were different, then they wouldn't be the same" ... only with more variables and less of a basis to take any real position on anything in the first place.

Not to be rude... but...I'm about to be somewhat rude.I find these "guess the hands" posts to be completely without value or content. We know very little about how you play, and even less about how you describe other people's play. We can't really glean anything from your description of the hand, because wherever I would have played it differently, your opponent would react differently. Except I have no idea of how I should play it because I have to guess what I have in the first place.It's a huge case of "if things were different, then they wouldn't be the same" ... only with more variables and less of a basis to take any real position on anything in the first place.
agree completely.if i guess the OP's hand, do i keep his dollar? if i don't, does he get a big stuffed animal? this feels like a county fair...

:roll: Alright guys. I think "guess the hand" is extremely valuable in NL analysis because reading your opponents hand is one of the most important parts of the game.I guess, I should add something: guess what you think each player has and then make comments about their play. That's really what I'm looking for.

:roll: Alright guys. I think "guess the hand" is extremely valuable in NL analysis because reading your opponents hand is one of the most important parts of the game.I guess, I should add something: guess what you think each player has and then make comments about their play. That's really what I'm looking for.
It's much more effective for reading people and practicing reads to have your hand as a given and their betting in the hand as a given.That way, we know exactly two hole cards the opponent does NOT have, and we can think about what our opponent could have that we're particularly scared of or not scared of.Ergo, the hand histories posts that make up at least 90% of the strategy section.
You have JJ, MP has QQ, and LP has KTs?
Wow. Who raises with KTs? Even in LP? That seems really, really, aggressive. LP is very unimaginative. As for MP having QQ, you think he just calls and then re-calls here? Even very weak/tight players know they are supposed to raise with that kind of hand.
I was thinking LP called $12 cold and MP was the one who min raised, read it pretty quickly.