a home game hand; folding tptk?

Good morning FCP Strategy.A hand came up yesterday in my home game. Your analysis is welcome.It is the end of the night. After the rest of the stacks have been cleaned out of our weekly cash game, two gladiators remain with the rest of the chips. About $150 sits in front of each of us.My opponent is incredibly aggressive. This can serve him well heads up, but he also is too reckless for his own good. He is very much a reverse-type player on the flop. He will raise with nothing, but check and call his sets, two pair, etc. If he has any piece of the flop (bottom pair with no draw is fine by him) he is liable to set you all in at a moment's notice. He never folds preflop.I have A(s)K(h) in the big blind (button). The blinds sit at $1/2. He completes in the small blind (button) and I raise to $10; he is certain to call, which I do not mind. If I catch my pair and he has anything, I can be certain that he will be going all in to steal the enlarged pot.The flop is A© 3(d) 3(s). I check; free cards do not hurt me at all here, and he is very liable to take a stab here with anything. He would fold JT to a bet...but he would certainly bet himself.My opponent checks. This scares me. Based on my read, I begin to fear a 3. He simply cannot have an ace; he would raise with it preflop 100% of the time.Turn: 2(h), completing the rainbow. I am still not concerned by free cards, so I check once more, fearing the 3, but also considering a checkraise if he bets. He does so: $20. I call; I am genuinely afraid of a 3, given that he did NOT raise preflop, and he did NOT bet the flop.River: K(s); although I improve to a better two pair, my hand does not improve one iota in real terms. I check again. He bets $60.Can I consider folding?

IMHO, this is an easy fold. Here is why:First, begin with the read you have on the guy. He will move in regulary and he'll check his sets/trips. The board pairs 3s and he checks what do you think he has? Are you throwing your read out the window because you have an Ace in your hand? Second, what do you have invested in the pot at this point? 30 dollars. He put you on an ace preflop because of your raise and now he's trying to get you to pay him for it. Your turn call is horrible. You are either reraising here to know where you are or you are dropping the hand because you didn't throw your read on your opponent out the window. He has bet pot sized on the turn, what he figures you'll call with an Ace. 50 dollars in the pot then he sends another 60 out. Now he's sure you have an ace but he doesn't care. He's going to get you because now you've got 30 dollars invested and he thinks you like your ace.Finally, he didn't move in on the river. He bet just over the pot. If he wanted you out (which isn't a bad play for him since you have played the hand like a sasquatch up to this point), he could have put in the rest of his stack. He has to at least read you for an ace at this point and he wouldn't be betting if he couldn't beat it. Sure you have 2 pair now, but Farrell doesn't rule the world and his trip threes are still better than your top 2.It is an easy fold to me, but I'd like to hear what others have to say.

You played your hand horribly. Here are the few things you could have done to ensure yourself he has a 3.a. Bet on the flop.b. Bet on the turn (like 3/4th of the pot).c. Or even the river.If there is any raise along the way, you have to slow down and evaluate the situation. If you think he only calls with a set or better in this situation, then you can check/fold on the turn or the river if he bets.As for his betting, he is either on a total bluff or he indeed has a 3. His check on the flop might indicate that he has the 3. But he may have checked because he thought you might check-raise him with your ace. His pot size bets on the turn and river seem like a bluff to me [perhaps because you have induced him to do so by checking the flop and turn, which means you don't have the ace]. It also means that he may be betting with a draw that he has pick up [a pair with a straight draw, or just a straight draw, or just a pair]. So now you have to ask yourself if he semi-bluffs.As for him having trips, wouldn't he want to be paid off? Remember, this is heads-up, trips are HUGE. Those bets look like he doesn't want you to call. My evaluation may be completely off if he is smart enough to change gear and bet big regardless the strength of his hand. But since you said he slowplays his big hands, I think he is bluffing. With that kind of bet, I wouldn' be suprised if a Q high is good enough.

you got way too many buttons in there man. im gonna assume you were not on the button, since you were in the BB.checking every street here is a wrong move IMO. im not sure what you were trying to accomplish by checking this hand down. trying to set a trap? you said your opponent is likely to call w/ anything preflop, but you cant be worried about the 3 until you get more info. checking down gives you little info. even tho you say he checks his sets, he could also be checking a much worse hand. you had the lead in this pot preflop, but relinquished it even tho your hand hit. that's too passive. bet, and if he raises then reevaluate.