• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, I started out in NLHE. I made real good money off of it. But, looking back at it now, I was a really bad player.
I started primarily in NLHE Tournaments and made enough money to try playing cash games, after dropping around $2300, I got the hang of it. I attempted LHE and NLHE, I went on a tear in each and then with my rediculously bad play, dumped all of it back plus more. I used this summer as an experiment in poker playing as an occupation/main source of income. Looking back on it so far, I learned that online poker is a great means for somebody to grind LHE tables. Grinding NL tables was just pointless. I would only two table 1/2NL games, make a decent amount, but just get so bored so fast. I attempted three, but my play got scrambled and I never played as well as I should, which I figured would cripple my income in time. I also played a ton of B&M poker. I played a tiny bit of 3/6 and 5/10 LHE, but the profit was astonishing in NL. The physical element of the game is now 90% necessary for my play. Trying to play online again is really hard, I honestly only play tournaments now, just because of the terrible fields. I am just starting to become very comfortable in my playing ability, I can aim for around a 400-500x BB profit in a session live, I also play between 12-24 hr sessions on norm. The point of this post is to encourage LHE online play, play as many tables as you can handle and stick to it. If you decide on playing NL online, good luck, it's manageable, but takes a lot of multitasking ability to be very good and profitable.
Yeah, I started out in NLHE. I made real good money off of it. But, looking back at it now, I was a really bad player.
I started primarily in NLHE Tournaments and made enough money to try playing cash games, after dropping around $2300, I got the hang of it. I attempted LHE and NLHE, I went on a tear in each and then with my rediculously bad play, dumped all of it back plus more. I used this summer as an experiment in poker playing as an occupation/main source of income. Looking back on it so far, I learned that online poker is a great means for somebody to grind LHE tables. Grinding NL tables was just pointless. I would only two table 1/2NL games, make a decent amount, but just get so bored so fast. I attempted three, but my play got scrambled and I never played as well as I should, which I figured would cripple my income in time. I also played a ton of B&M poker. I played a tiny bit of 3/6 and 5/10 LHE, but the profit was astonishing in NL. The physical element of the game is now 90% necessary for my play. Trying to play online again is really hard, I honestly only play tournaments now, just because of the terrible fields. I am just starting to become very comfortable in my playing ability, I can aim for around a 400-500x BB profit in a session live, I also play between 12-24 hr sessions on norm. The point of this post is to encourage LHE online play, play as many tables as you can handle and stick to it. If you decide on playing NL online, good luck, it's manageable, but takes a lot of multitasking ability to be very good and profitable.
excellent post teph i agree 100% nl online is a rollercoaster no matter what level u play!

Thanks junkky, I did not by any means mean that LHE isn't a rollercoaster, especially when running a ton of tables. A lot of people know that it can be brutal on a downswing. Did I mention B&M NL? :-)

Agreed. NL tourneys, Limit cash games are the best way to go...remember that majority of small/medium stakes stud, stud h/l, omaha, omaha h/l, triple draw, etc games are fish filled as well...especially stud. Very few players learn how to play the game properly, presenting a very profitable game.

Idiotic debate.You can make money playing limit holdem, no limit holdem, pot limit holdem, pot limit omaha, pot limit omaha high low, limit omaha, limit omaha high low, no limit omaha high low (though they dont' really play that at the higher levels, but the micro limits, its a good time), stud, stud high low, and more.Tournaments, cash games, you can make money at both.Which is better to make more money at, whichever you put the time into studying, whichever fits your personal style best.You can make 20bb/100 or more at good no limit games. You can make several big bets/100 at good limit games.Most people defend their game of choice to death and make absurd statements about the other, but in reality, both are profitable.OP, good luck in finding what fits you best.

To the tune of, say, $5 an hour (10BB/hour), yeah. I easily make more playing limit.
maybe the thing is you think NL is so easy to crush is because you have played a limited amount of it and have had a good streak thereat 50NL on sites like fulltilt who 1/3 are fish you need to know what your doing saying a monkey can do it although a joke, is just idiotic because you have to have a lot of self conrol at no limit because the swings are huge and you can get discouragednot flaming you custom i have respect for your poker game but disagree with saying how easy NL is to beat probably 10-15bbs per hour si the goal while playing NL and limiting your losses while in a downswing
I realize what you need to play NL. I used to play it. I've played both, and NL is easier money. However, it's less money and, quite frankly, boring.
it is quite boring, i agree i actually enjoy playing 6 max limit i just depsise full ring because i don't play more than 2 tablesNL sitngos are fun though
it is quite boring, i agree i actually enjoy playing 6 max limit i just depsise full ring because i don't play more than 2 tablesNL sitngos are fun though
I suck at SH LHE. Mad props to you guys who can do really well at it. I'm trying, but it just hasn't come yet.
I suck at SH LHE. Mad props to you guys who can do really well at it. I'm trying, but it just hasn't come yet.
Not to bash you, but its probably for the same reason you suggested in the other thread that nl is all about nut peddling.SH limit and nl is about pushing every edge you get and picking up the blinds and outplaying your opponents on the flop.Theres more variance in sh limit, but there is also more money to be made compared to a full ring game, imo. That's just my limited experience, no doubt you can also crush full handed limit ring games as well.Main point, anything is profitable with live ones at the table.
I honestly do not know 1 person who lives strictly off NL cash games. Not saying they dont exist but I do believe there is a reason for it.
Im atleast one person, nice to meet you.Grinded out 300$ a week, measly, when i started 8 months ago.Made many mistakes along the way.Now I'm at 100nl, for the past 3 weeks, making 1k-1500 a week.I move up slowly though, won't get to 1/2 until I have about 5k in my roll, and that will be a while because I'm taking out extra money for a motorcycle and a new apartment ;-)Its certainly possible, I'll let you know when I'm broke. But any time I go on a really bad run, or tilt off quite a bit, I move a limit down and grind it up again. I know now its best to be overly cautious with your bankroll.

Boring is an individual thing, therefore undebatable. I enjoy fishing. Some might call it boring. Am I wrong to enjoy fishing?I enjoy NL. I find limit boring. Am I wrong to enjoy NL more than limit?Flame away.

Not to bash you, but its probably for the same reason you suggested in the other thread that nl is all about nut peddling.SH limit and nl is about pushing every edge you get and picking up the blinds and outplaying your opponents on the flop.
:roll:Limit hold'em is centered around pushing every edge you can, no matter how small +EV (and outplaying people postflop). NLHE and SH LHE are two very, VERY different games.Comparing NLHE and SH LHE is like comparing an apple to a sidewalk.
Not to bash you, but its probably for the same reason you suggested in the other thread that nl is all about nut peddling.SH limit and nl is about pushing every edge you get and picking up the blinds and outplaying your opponents on the flop.
:roll:Limit hold'em is centered around pushing every edge you can, no matter how small +EV (and outplaying people postflop). NLHE and SH LHE are two very, VERY different games.Comparing NLHE and SH LHE is like comparing an apple to a sidewalk.
In that post, I was comparing sh limt to sh nl, I just didn't make that clear.I do agree they are very different.In terms of pushing every edge, you do that in both. I guarentee you would make a lot more in nl if you did that.All this statement about how nl is only about the large edges is absurd.