playing against a habitual raiser....aug 8

Do you guys think that the call on the flop could also be used in order to lure in a draw on the turn when the bets are doubled?Seems pushing too hard could get you the half bets and miss the full bets.I see in this exact hand since it was a draw that winning right then was acceptable, and missing the turn like he did could backfire. So do you only slowplay on the flop when you have a made hand, or could you slow play on a huge draw to build the pot with full bets?

My first reaction to this post was "why bet the river?". The only caller to this bet is one that beats you and if you check, check down you get to see his hand and compare that to your read on his hand providing you with valuable information.The other reason to be worried about betting the river is that he may have had a pair w/ an ace and two paired up at the river.Your turn raise IMO is just fine, although your oppenent should read that as either you hit J-Q here or picked up a spade draw. Most likely he will not read this as you picking up a double-gutter to go along with your flush draw. There are good arguments against and for the turn raise.Any way, my only reaction is that betting the river is very difficult there.

My first reaction to this post was "why bet the river?".  The only caller to this bet is one that beats you and if you check, check down you get to see his hand and compare that to your read on his hand providing you with valuable information.The other reason to be worried about betting the river is that he may have had a pair w/ an ace and two paired up at the river.Your turn raise IMO is just fine, although your oppenent should read that as either you hit J-Q here or picked up a spade draw.  Most likely he will not read this as you picking up a double-gutter to go along with your flush draw.  There are good arguments against and for the turn raise.Any way, my only reaction is that betting the river is very difficult there.
Aw, my mistake..... I thought it went bet - fold on the end..... I forgot this was online and you cannot request to see cards.
As for what he had...I don't know....but I got a good sense after his timid call on the turn of my raise that he might have had Kings-----------------------------------------------------------Hand #4747135-6458 at Tatooine ($10/$20 Hold'em) Powered by UltimateBet
ummm... He called on the river. UB lists the losing hand in the hand history at showdown. did you edit it out and -then- forget it?
As for what he had...I don't know....but I got a good sense after his timid call on the turn of my raise that he might have had Kings-----------------------------------------------------------Hand #4747135-6458 at Tatooine ($10/$20 Hold'em) Powered by UltimateBet
ummm... He called on the river. UB lists the losing hand in the hand history at showdown. did you edit it out and -then- forget it?
That is the Hand History as I have it.and I normally do edit out my opponenst's hand so I don't have "what happened" in my mind as I do my analysis...But I did not edit it out in this case. That is how the Hand History was.