folding kings pre-flop?

this hand happen in a tournament buy in (50+5) i have a little above average(avg-1700) i have 1900 in chips. blinds at this point 25-50. Utg+1 raises all in to about 450 the chip leader has who has 5500 calls in the cutoof seat. What is my play here? i think there is only two here move in or fold... what do u guys think? can u fold here?

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

this hand happen in a tournament buy in (50+5) i have a little above average(avg-1700) i have 1900 in chips. blinds at this point 25-50. Utg+1 raises all in to about 450 the chip leader has who has 5500 calls in the cutoof seat. What is my play here? i think there is only two here move in or fold... what do u guys think? can u fold here?
answer NO
move it in. or you could reraise 600 more or so, and then move in on the flop to try and get the most out of your money
Reraising 600 more would accomplish what? Even if he believes that he does not have aces and reraises to 1050. If an ace flops then you are sitting on 450 chips with another dilemma. If the guy is going to call a 600 reraise why not put your money in the pot preflop.

reraise 600 or so is another option. if you think the big stack is willing to call you all in here PF, i would probably wouldnt go all in, and just reraise ::stop and go move:::. then i would move in on the flop no matter what comes. he will then have to decide if he wants to see the turn/river, which would cost him another 650. basically, the strategy to this move is for the player not to see the turn/river like he would if you moved in PF and he called.

I folded KK about two days ago.I raise big, one all in, and one quick call. From what I knew about the guy his call meant AA, KK, QQ, or AK. After talking to him for a little while I was sure it wasn't AA or AK, which left me with QQ and KK. The original all in guy was a donk and would only push with an A or 1010 and higher. A9, A10, AJ, AQ, and AK were the possible hands I figured he had. Knowing this, I folded.From his talking, I put the caller on either QQ which I am way ahead of or KK which I don't really want to see because I am either playing for half or nothing. I really didn't think he had QQ, though, and something told me it was KK. Seeing as I figure him for KK and the other for about A10, I fold.I either split with the KK or I lose the pot because an Ace hit. If the Ace was suited and/or the same suit as one of my kings, I am even more unhappy. I am at best about 33 percent to win, and at worst about 30.I folded and the caller flipped up KK and the all-in player flipped up AJ.An ace spiked and he doubled up.

I would call here and see the flop. Barring an A or a pair on the flop, you should be safe to move all in here. If large stack catches an o-e or a flush draw, he may gamble and call you. Pushing all in pf is only asking to get called by AK, AQ, etc. See the flop is what I would do.

folding here is obvious the worst play. you only have 24 BB..that is probably a little above average. you are in to win tournament, you have to do somethign here other than fold.teneight

I would call here and see the flop. Barring an A or a pair on the flop, you should be safe to move all in here. If large stack catches an o-e or a flush draw, he may gamble and call you. Pushing all in pf is only asking to get called by AK, AQ, etc. See the flop is what I would do.
so if an ace hits are you automatically folding?
This isn't PartyPoker. He won't automatically have the A.
If big stack bets big, yes.

Yes, to the question about being deepstacked and looking for another place to put your money in: you still move in here.If you're looking for a better place to put your money in, you'll probably be looking for a long time (i.e.- getting bluffed out a lot).

folding here is obvious the worst play. you only have 24 BB..that is probably a little above average. you are in to win tournament, you have to do somethign here other than fold.teneight
im in to win the tournament...but at this point is it not necessary to risk my tournament life. where i can look for bettter post flop opportunites to add to my stack.

if you dont want to risk your tournament life, the just call and make your decesion after the flop depending on what hit. if no Ace hits, i'm sure you are way ahead. then make your moveteneight

its empire so...
its empire so...
Let me just add that folding is not an option pf in this hand. If you reraise, you're giving large stack another action preflop, and if he puts you all in, you have to call. Because he's so large, he can lose and still be in great shape, so there's no way to put him on AA, which is the only hand you should be worried about pf. Giving him another action preflop is not a good idea, IMHO.
I consider myself a poor to mediocre poker player who will not comment much on strategy, but given the chip situation, this seems like really BAD advice...other comments on this advice would be appreciated.
I consider myself a poor to mediocre poker player who will not comment much on strategy, but given the chip situation, this seems like really BAD advice...other comments on this advice would be appreciated.
Feel free to state WHY you feel this is bad advice, thank you.
im in to win the tournament...but at this point is it not necessary to risk my tournament life. where i can look for bettter post flop opportunites to add to my stack.
Who do you think you are Phil Hellmuth. It is clear that the big stack doesn't have AA, so you are folding the best hand does that make sense? Even if they both had pocket pairs, you are a favorite to win, and you are a favorite if one has an ace and one has a pp. Just out of curiosity do you want to post the results?

the OP seems really confused here. here are two different statements he made that totally contradict eachother:1.

i think there is only two here move in or fold
but at this point is it not necessary to risk my tournament life
so i'm guessing that you folded since in the first statement you said, "there was only two moves here, move in or fold". In the second statement you said, " it wasn't necessary to risk your tournament life. "a bit weak-tight dont you think??teneight