bad beat or bad play?

I wasnt sure whether to put this on te strategy category or in the bat beat category. But anyway here is the situation. I was playing in a 40 dollar buy in tournament with 19 of my friends. We each started with 1000 in chips. With the blinds at 40-80 i was sitting on about 800 in chips. I was in the big blind. UTG limped in and third to act limped in and the small blind called. I looked down and saw AK suited in spades. I raised all-in for 720 more. UTG folded and the player third to act called and the small blind folded. The player who called had AQ off. Flop came K-4-4, with one of the fours being a spade. The turn comes the 10 of spades which gives him less outs because he cant get the jack of spades to give him the straight becaus ei would have a flush, but low and behold the J of clubs hits and im out. Please feel free to comment on if this plays was correct by myself and also if this was a good enough beat write about.

I think your preflop all-in raise was fine. There's already 320 in the pot and with a stack of 720 (minus your blind) any raise commits you anyway. You got it in with the best hand and took a bad beat. People sometimes post hands similar to this in strategy and you will get responses, however if you're going to post it strategy don't include the results since it takes away the objectivity of other poster's analysis.

Guest XXEddie
If i check and move in on the flop i take down the pot right there and dont have to risk my whole stack preflop without a made hand, thats why i asked.
If limpers was trying to see a cheap flop with a hand with 54s, 34s, 24s, 64s, 74s you probably take the pot down PF instead of bustingand if you think those hands arent likely, realize its a home game.........therefore it is VERY likelya besides its easier to see a better way to play a hand when youve seen the results. You made the right play and just got unlucky. and to answer your question from the original post, Id post this in strategy considering you were asking if you played it right and not complaining about the beat
The turn comes the 10 of spades which gives him less outs because he cant get the jack of spades to give him the straight becaus ei would have a flush, but low and behold the J of clubs hits and im out.  
Actually it gives him 3 MORE outs.. I don't know what drugs you're on, but I want some.-fop